• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Florin4k4

Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Saying they used a mock up from the internet. That's it.

plausible.
Im hoping this is the case.
A Launch gt7 seems unrealistic and would almost certainly be a rushed mess as Some have already stated.
that being Said...who knows how easy games are to develop on the ps5. And they already have the cars scanned in 8k or something like that so maybe it can be done.
time will tell though i would still like them to Take their time and polish

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
GT7 presumably being announced in the next month or two for PS5 doesn't mean it's a launch game, just as how there were game announcements at Sony's PSM/E3 at 2013 that were games after the launch window.

And 3-4 years for an iterative sequel that builds off the existing GTS foundation seems fair. GT Sport was released in 2017.

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guys in here claiming Forza overtook GT in EU are the reason the EU is falling apart. Fake news.

On Topic:
If this is a launch game, and a full GT7 and not some GT HD demo nonsense it will be huge in EU, comparable to Halo in the US I guess.

iou90

Mar 20, 2020
Yeap, if it is a fake it's a good one. Unique 7 typography that matches the theme of the imagery, and excellent placement with perfect alignment and balance. If it is fake, watch it be a better logo than the real thing lol.

GT7sml.jpg
which is circulated on the internet 😂

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
For those who think GT7 isn't possible at launch, remember that GT Sport was delayed a full year from its intended holiday 2016 launch window. I personally believe the game was done at that point but they spent the next year polishing the visuals, performance, and making sure the online was ready for a full launch.

It sounds a little extreme but I remember the devs saying they wanted to make sure the experience matched the expectations, so they probably used that extra year to make sure there were no graphical hitches and the framerate wasn't juddery. After all, GT5 didn't make the best impression when it was the first real GT game of the PS3 era.

I really believe the next GT had already started development by the time GT Sport launched and they were supporting the game with new content as other members of the studio worked on the next game.

Rabalder.

Dec 8, 2018
Man I hope this is true. GT Sport is such a great MP racing game and is the perfect base for a full blown SP GT7.

Oct 27, 2017
Realistically though 3 years is not enough time for PD to make GT7. Anyone remember GT5 ? How many time did it get delayed before it was released ?

Florin4k4

Banned
Mar 18, 2019
Has anybody checked to see if this logo was "on the internet" like they Said? I did a gt7 logo Search on google and the only ones i found that was this one were about this leak.
they should show/tell us where they got it from.

Sep 28, 2019
Realistically though 3 years is not enough time for PD to make GT7. Anyone remember GT5 ? How many time did it get delayed before it was released ?

Yeah, but remember PS3 was difficult to develop for and some studios did struggle with it. Polyphony is one of them, personally I don't think Gt7 will be a launch game but it will be released in the first year of the PS5.

Sep 28, 2019
Polyphony learned a lot from GT sports and the constant updates improved the game ten fold. My only hope is that the options for weather and time of day is much more better than what we got now.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

- most previous GT game's took about that long
- GT5 is the exception not the rule
- GT7 would be built upon the same architecture (x86) which should help keep things smooth
- the arguably have enough cars with sport + DLC to launch gt7 and then follow up with more later as free DLC. They are likely to add more but the baseline is already decent so that saves more time

ultimately they could almost release a 'sport + pack all DLC together + SP/campaign expansion + engine upgrade' and that would be enough. They'll do more I'm sure - but I think that is useful context if you consider the foundations they're building off

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Imagine if Project CARS 3 launches in the same window too. You have like, the holy trinity, all at once.
If a Project CARS 3 with polishing / gamepad / UI support from Codemasters comes out near Forza or GT, from my perspective it'll be them sweating bullets and not PC.

taftaoc

Dec 29, 2017
Nobody posted those two videos (of GTsport with *ray tracing*) we got last year?

www.youtube.com

Gran Turismo : 8K/120fps, HDR, Real-Time Ray Tracing & Replay Movie

SONY 440 inch 8K Crystal LED Display System (120fps HDR and Ray-Tracing) PlayStation "Gran Turismo Sport" SXSW 2019 日本語翻訳ブログ (全文日本語訳) Epic GamesのUnreal Engin...

www.youtube.com

SONY 440 inch 8K Crystal LED Display System (120fps HDR and Ray-Tracing) PlayStation "Gran Turismo Sport" InterBee 2018 日本語翻訳ブログ (全文日本語訳) Epic GamesのUnreal E...

That could give us glimps of what's to come

I'll be the there day1 (EU here)

Last edited:

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
GT games release once every 3-4 years, even post GT 5 games. Polyphony are pretty consistent. Why does GT5 invalidate that all?

It was the exception not the rule. This logic doesn't hold up.

It was also on a console that Polyphony rather openly despised. It took them some time to actually figure out how to get things working, and even then they had issues with framerate and tearing. Something very uncommon for them as GTS would go on to show.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
It was also on a console that Polyphony rather openly despised. It took them some time to actually figure out how to get things working, and even then they had issues with framerate and tearing. Something very uncommon for them as GTS would go on to show.
Also Polyphony, between GT4 and GT5, released:

1. Gran Turismo HD
  2. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
  3. Gran Turismo PSP
Lot of projects that clearly took away time for the development of GT5. On top of that the team was clearly understaffed for the HD era which is not the case now as we saw with the GTS support post release.

Last edited:

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Yeap, if it is a fake it's a good one. Unique 7 typography that matches the theme of the imagery, and excellent placement with perfect alignment and balance. If it is fake, watch it be a better logo than the real thing lol.

GT7sml.jpg
Another line missing above is the top left edge of the 7 aligning with the top of the centre of the T vertically. So precise I'd be shocked if it's fake.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Tbh I doubt the validity of this particular leak, but a GT in the launch period of PS5 us just what's needed to rocket it to the forefront of the public consciousness again.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Are you ready for a GT6 meltdown repeat when it was revealed as a PS3 game?
This is probably cross gen.

Deleted member 65994

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 14, 2020
In my eyes can the envoriments look quite flat in GT sport, making it crossgen and only giving it a resolution boost would be dissapointing for me.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
The difference going from PS4 to PS5 compared to previous gens is small in terms of development challenges as I understand it, so PD will be able to hit the ground running. Plus with their improved tools and tech it should make some of the major difficulties they had before a lot easier to bypass and they can focus on the game. If not 2020 then 2021 is a reasonable bet, they have been making tracks and cars for GT Sport but I'll be surprised if they didn't consider how they could transfer what they already made onto PS5 (With improved effects of course).

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
I certainly haven't read all previous 13 pages but if this is true I really hope they return to the old style GT! I'm sure the super serious racing of the last one was cool for some people but not for me.

I always have forza if not I suppose!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what I want. I mean GTS looks gorgeous already. Tidy up some of the lighting and shadows and I don't know if I need RT cratering the framerate. A performance mode at 120fps with even current GTS quality would be amazing but I realise most players don't have a TV that would support so default 60fps with more bells and whistles

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Also Polyphony, between GT4 and GT5, released:

1. Gran Turismo HD
  2. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
  3. Gran Turismo PSP
Lot of projects that clearly took away time for the development of GT5. On top of that the team was clearly understaffed for the HD era which is not the case now as we saw the GTS support post release.

And Tourist Trophy.

sncvsrtoip

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
Just please no 120fps outside of vr, don't waste resources there, gt sport didn't age very well for me to be honest, there is plenty room for graphics improvement (not to mention physics expesialy collision and visualisaton of it)

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they double down on the fun arcade modes. GT is at its best when it goes in that direction imo.

raviolico

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody posted those two videos (of GTsport with *ray tracing*) we got last year?

www.youtube.com

SONY 440 inch 8K Crystal LED Display System (120fps HDR and Ray-Tracing) PlayStation "Gran Turismo Sport" SXSW 2019 日本語翻訳ブログ (全文日本語訳) Epic GamesのUnreal Engin...

www.youtube.com

SONY 440 inch 8K Crystal LED Display System (120fps HDR and Ray-Tracing) PlayStation "Gran Turismo Sport" InterBee 2018 日本語翻訳ブログ (全文日本語訳) Epic GamesのUnreal E...

That could give us glimps of what's to come

I'll be the there day1 (EU here)

Dear god!

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Sony will not leave PS4 day the moment PS5 launches, there might not be PS4 only games anymore but definitely some first party titles will be cross gen.

GT7 is perfect fit for that.
Is it?

Like the realistic driving simulator seems to be the perfect candidate for upping the graphics.