• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
so can you redeem this without keeping auto-renewal on? When I stick it into the Xbox App i'm given a toggle to "Turn on Recurring Payments to get One Month Free", but is that just a standard option when signing up for Game Pass on PC?

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
so can you redeem this without keeping auto-renewal on? When I stick it into the Xbox App i'm given a toggle to "Turn on Recurring Payments to get One Month Free", but is that just a standard option when signing up for Game Pass on PC?
Yeah, you don't have to have recurring payments set up.

But you'll get an extra month free if you do, and you can always cancel before October 20th.

ZZMitch

Oct 26, 2017
Nice. This added a free month to the $6/3 month thing that came up a few days ago for PC Game Pass.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for this! Nice got 2 codes + a free month. I'm good till 20/11/2019

This means free Gears 5 I guess

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
The guy in the office next to me is just making account after account using some temp email site. I guess I should have expected that - they really didn't put in a 'one code per account' thing?

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I try to verify my account from the email and I just get a "page not found" error after clicking the button.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
seems like it gives you 2 months, at least the code i got did

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Yey finally got a code.

Added 20 days to my Game Pass Ultimate sub. Now expiring 1st November 2021!

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What a fucking mess. I keep trying to make an account, then after I get the activation email, it keeps crashing. Then I click the activation link again and it says the page doesn't exist.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
The hoops I had to jump through to get this to work.

Created an account on Edge, but "creating" an account doesn't actually create a useable account.
Then I had to activate my account, but Edge wouldn't work, so I did that on Firefox.
Then the website died on Firefox, and I had to finish filling out information on Chrome.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Trying to add the code to my Ultimate sub on the Xbox app and it is saying I have a subscription from a different region. Wtf what does that even mean

Edit- worked after closing the app and login back in

Last edited:

Z-oo31

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Got my code. I also got an additional free month by allowing recurring payments.

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a key. Unfortunately, this whole PC game pass thing is the most broken thing I remember dealing with in a while. It's terrible:
  • First, the installer for the app just froze if I didn't run it in administrator mode, but that's easy enough to deal with.
  • After installing the app it was entirely in Arabic, with no visible option for changing the language. Apparently, the only way to fix this is to change the display language for the entire OS.
  • This also changed my date and time settings to the silly American version, so I needed to fix that as well.
  • After that, logging in just straight up didn't work. Googling around gives some bizarre suggestions (install this random app! reinstall some other app! Fuck it, just reinstall 130 random apps and hope things work!) but what finally worked was signing in using the Xbox game bar first.
  • After this I was actually able to start downloading a game but now my Xbox app is just a permanent black screen. I fixed this by "resetting" the app.
I don't understand how this entire thing can be so terribly broken but it seems to be working now, so yay for free stuff.

GWX

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah baby, give me that sweet ass Ultimate extension. 😎

E28rPJy.jpg
Yup! Got 20 extra days on my subscription as well. Took a while, and creating an account was a pain (verify account link didn't work, but "I forgot my password" allowed me to finish my registration!), but it was worth it.

OP, thanks!

wild_one

Oct 27, 2017
So when I tried it in Chrome, I could create the account, but I never got the "Get Key" button to appear. Once I switched to Edge, it worked and said it had 3200 or so keys left.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Does this means free Gears 5 or am I missing something?

I entered the code and leave the auto-renewal option on and it gave me 2 months of Xbox Game Pass for PC, I'm not much into Gears multiplayer but I'm a big fan of it's singleplayer and horde mode, being able to play it for free during this crowded schedule is a blessing, I guess.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Okay cool. Finally got it to work and got my free month. I hope the discounted subs are still available once this expires.

I'm loving all these deals on Game Pass! I haven't paid full price yet.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Some may see this as bad juju, but I was able to create two accounts and get an extra 40 days with two codes. I'll stop there to give everyone else a chance.

Okay cool. Finally got it to work and got my free month. I hope the discounted subs are still available once this expires.

I'm loving all these deals on Game Pass! I haven't paid full price yet.

Gamepass has changed my PC gaming so much! I've played so many different game since I got it. Canceled Humble since I was getting so much access to games. Loving the service, and I hope it expands greatly!

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Does this means free Gears 5 or am I missing something?

I entered the code and leave the auto-renewal option on and it gave me 2 months of Xbox Game Pass for PC, I'm not much into Gears multiplayer but I'm a big fan of it's singleplayer and horde mode, being able to play it for free during this crowded schedule is a blessing, I guess.
Yes it does mean free Gears 5!

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
FUCK IT! Im going in! gonna get two codes! MUTHAFUCKASSSLALALALALALA

EDIT: dayum Site is down and it looks like theyve figured it out. Shame on you all who took extra codes! <.< I wasnt actually gonna do it. I was just grabbing a code for my friends brother's sister in law.

Last edited:

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
What games do you guys recommend to check out first

edit: Is Where The Water Tastes Like Wine any good.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
I managed to get a month out of it, thank you for the information!

I hope they have more interesting giveaways in the future, I don't think there's a way yet to delete your account once you've made it.