• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
LKT7QaC.jpeg

Asus, Zotac, PNY, Gigabyte and MSI have already updated their prices, with hikes going from 100 to 260 dollars in multiple graphic cards. ASUS, B&H, Newegg and other have updated the prices. This is terrible, for cards that are already hard to get you will be seeing huge price hikes.

Source

Set tariffs towards me if old.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
Well, this is going to get ugly. Let's hope Europe doesn't get fucked over with this

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
TUF-RTX-3080-O10G-GAMING was originally 749. That's the only one I know the original MSRP of since it's the one I got.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
So I wonder how much are the tariffs and how much Asus realizing they can charge whatever for now since everything is getting sold out?

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible for Biden to reverse the tariff?

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this actually from tariffs? I mean all the GPUs sell out in minutes, this kind of seems like they're just pre-scalping them because they'll sell out again either way.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting EVGA hasnt raised prices.
I wonder if this has more to do with what was reported last year about very tight margins to the point of absurdity and 3rd Party Vendors wanting more flexibility in pricing.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
I technically paid like $60 more than retail for mine which turns out to be not all that bad now. The ghost of 2020 still lingers. 2021 will be a shit year for the seeable future as well.

OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this actually from tariffs? I mean all the GPUs sell out in minutes, this kind of seems like they're just pre-scalping them because they'll sell out again either way.

www.nytimes.com

U.S. Companies Face China Tariffs as Exclusions Expire (Published 2020)

Many American companies saw their exemptions from President Trump’s China tariffs expire at midnight on Thursday.

It's from tariffs. Companies like EVGA haven't updated their prices yet, but they will have to follow suit (or eat the losses).

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. I was feeling a teeny tiny bit annoyed I grabbed a 3080 when the ti cards are apparently around the corner, but jeez, this sucks for those still on the hunt.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
This is the monkey paw's fix for the stock problem. The 3080 is nice and all but I'm not paying a bill for it.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking Christ I'm going to be stuck with a 1070TI for a long ass time. RIP the dream of getting better framerates on Flight Simulator in VR.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
That is absolutely brutal. My heart goes out to those who were looking for any of this stuff. Yeesh.

MeepMerp

Alt Account
May 2, 2020
Glad I got one last week, that's ridiculous. Don't want to imagine the Canadian prices (unless we're exempt which would be great)

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, I'll definitely be sticking with my 3600/5700 XT combo for awhile. Glad I built when I did(Oct 2019). All those people telling others to wait for the next GPU's ended up giving terrible advice.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Fucking Christ I'm going to be stuck with a 1070TI for a long ass time. RIP the dream of getting better framerates on Flight Simulator in VR.
I hope this situation is sorted out by AOE4's release for the people in the US, likely a the 10 and 20 series will be good enough and the game will require a zen 2 or something, but I still dont know how demanding it will be overall.