• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
www.kron4.com

California launches ‘My Turn’ COVID-19 vaccine app

Governor Gavin Newsom is expected to lift the statewide stay-at-home order on Monday, California Capitol Correspondent Ashley Zavala says.

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Governor Gavin Newsom is expected to lift the statewide stay-at-home order on Monday, California Capitol Correspondent Ashley Zavala says.

All counties will reportedly go back to the tier system.

Zavala says most regions will return to the most-restrictive purple tier — allowing the reopening of outdoor dining and indoor salons.

A spokesperson from the California Department of Public Health sent out a statement Sunday. The spokesperson did not confirm the announcement, but said the state is seeing "promising signs" and officials will provide an update on Monday.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this point Newsom will get recalled, people want transparency and instead they're saying that decisions are being based off private data

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
He really jumped from waiting till a certain percentage of ICU beds to be available before opening up to now just saying fuck it.

Hospitals gonna be even more fucked.

yellowfury

Oct 27, 2017
Blame the conservatives who keep pushing to recall him because they can't see the bigger picture in lives vs business

it's about to get worse in my area 😑

OP
OP
DrScruffleton

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I personally saw no difference between the two systems. People who refused to follow the guidelines before faced no pushback for not following the guidelines under the stay at home order.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
(sigh) Won't change anything in my life, but sure, Newsom, what the fuck ever, right?

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Seems stupidly premature, but as mentioned above so many people weren't following it anyway. Feels like the state is flailing and Newsom is not coming out of this looking good.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
8Y1.gif

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here in Orange County, it feels like that didn't exist in the first place. No enforcement what so ever.

THIJJ

Oct 26, 2017
Of course this sends the wrong msg entirely and just further muddles the already muffle fucked msging that's been prevalent this entire pandemic, but that said; almost no one has been abiding by this order, regardless. People here have realized all of this open/close is entirely toothless and are outdoors and at restaurants like nothing has been happening this entire time.

The vaccine is the only hope and honestly has been for a long time.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. But instead of trying to thread the needle to please everyone, I'd prioritize the lives over my chances in a recall election. Easy for me to say though.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
we had a stay-at-home order? oh, ok...
Basically this.

Unfortunately this stay at home order basically did nothing. Still, opening more things up again won't exactly be better either. The sad truth is we need a much more restrictive stay at home order or there's no point.

rhindle

Oct 27, 2017
Seems a bit premature, with Southern Cal and the Central Valley still at 0% ICU capacity.

Frankly the status quo needs to be maintained until they're done vaccinating the 65+ crowd.

Basically this.

Unfortunately this stay at home order basically did nothing. Still, opening more things up again won't exactly be better either. The sad truth is we need a much more restrictive stay at home order or there's no point.
It's not so much the order itself, as it is the signalling effect. Lifting the order sends a message that everything's fine and it's OK to go get back to partying with your buds.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I see he is on that.....if everyone is sick, then no one is sick mindset.....

if no one is going to enforce the lockdown, then why have it in the first place?

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems a bit premature, with Southern Cal and the Central Valley still at 0% ICU capacity.

Frankly the status quo needs to be maintained until they're done vaccinating the 65+ crowd.
That would have been in June just to complete all the 65+ crowd, Newsom doesn't have a vaccine plan

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
In Tulare and Kings County (honorary bible belt btw) it's like the order just doesn't exist. People don't wear masks, driving downtown is still full of people walking around horrendously cramped and most restaurants are still open for in person dining. And instead of fucking punishing the businesses and people who ignore the order, he's just going to fucking drop the order? Fucking hell.

It's worth noting that two of the biggest hospitals in my area are completely full and exceeding capacity to treat patients, with entire units dedicated to Covid patients slowly dying on ventilators, and Covid patients still spilling into regular ICU or stepdown.

Fucking gross that Newsom is just letting people die for political gain. If he'd grown a fucking backbone and stood up to the republicans in CA it wouldn't be nearly as bad as it is out here

OP
OP
DrScruffleton

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Here in Orange County, it feels like that didn't exist in the first place. No enforcement what so ever.
Many sheriff offices came out immediately and said they refused to enforce anything. My counties sheriff office even threw in the word communist and Nazi(in regards to Newsom), when they made their post about not enforcing anything.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Gavin Newsom has been such a disappointing governor, and absolutely a disaster on the pandemic. Can we get Jerry Brown out of retirement to see us through this mess? We need an adult.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Newsom has bungled this shit up so bad. He's been terrible.

Coming from Jerry Brown the GOAT, it's massively disappointing.

Deleted member 82064

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Newsome's stonks have really gone down during the pandemic. Hopefully US gets vaccine programs ramped up so the unnecessary deaths would stop at some point.

Last edited:

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not so much the order itself, as it is the signalling effect. Lifting the order sends a message that everything's fine and it's OK to go get back to partying with your buds.
I get that, but the thing is, it wasn't stopping anyone from doing that anyways due to absolutely 0 enforcement. The only real thing it did was shut down outdoor dining.
Gavin Newsom has been such a disappointing governor, and absolutely a disaster on the pandemic. Can we get Jerry Brown out of retirement to see us through this mess? We need an adult.
I'd take Schwarzenegger back at this point.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck no don't do that. The hospital I work at had slightly less Covid19 cases last week than the previous week (still in double digits though).

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
oh fuck off - so disappointed with Newsom. Wish Jerry Brown was still governor

OP
OP
DrScruffleton

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Really sucks for restaurants that have been extremely compassionate and understanding during this whole thing. One of my favorite restaurants has refused to open once since March for in person dining, indoor or outdoor. They are only doing take out or delivery. They did their part. Other places refused to shut down anything and have had major success from fucking dumbasses who still go out daily like nothing is happening, and they faced 0 consequences....well, unless covid took them.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Something I can't understand that maybe someone can help me out with, is why is California still so tremendously fucked when we've had some of the most restricted stay at home orders since COVID began?

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There's no plans. There's no leadership. What a clusterfuck this has all been. Half measures that amount to fuck all. And people think we can combat climate change. L o l

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
California is huge.. I don't know what yall want him to do.

San Francisco has done it's part. We have more ICU beds available now. And I'm sure other parts of Cali have as well. So we're moving back like they said we would.

Now if Southern or Northern Cali don't want to do their part...or their counties don't want to hold places accountable... I don't know why other parts of Cali should be held back. We will never move into other phases if we had to rely on every part of Cali.