• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
www.wsbtv.com

Gov. Kemp extends public health emergency for all of Georgia, shelter in place for some

Additionally, he is signing an order to require medically-fragile and elderly Georgians to continue shelter in place until June 12.
Gov. Brian Kemp announced he will formally extend the Public Health State of Emergency through June 12, 2020.

Additionally, he is signing an order to require medically-fragile and elderly Georgians to continue shelter in place until June 12. Elderly Georgians are considered ages 65 and older.

"In accordance with our executive orders, businesses across the Peach State, must continue to operate with strict social distancing and sanitation rules to keep customers and employees safe through May 13, 2020," Kemp said in a tweet posted Thursday.

I don't even know what is going on anymore

Speevy ?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Seems like Kemp is getting cold feet about being the first state to start the full reopening process. This wishy washy "the stay at home order is expiring... but you should still stay at home as much as possible". That way if/when infection and death skyrockets he can say "well I did suggest people stay home". What a joke.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing he's starting to see evidence that things won't magically go back to normal because he wants them to. Not too mention I doubt a lot of people really want to risk their lives or the lives of their loved ones just to go out for some shopping and entertainment making the re-opening probably even more awkward and unsteady.

Oct 29, 2017
Wow, so people don't want to be sacrificial lambs to boost his re-election campaign and it's hurting him politically instead. Who could've seen this coming? /s

What a moron.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, so people don't want to be sacrificial lambs to boost his re-election campaign and it's hurting him politically instead. Who could've seen this coming? /s

What a moron.

GOP whiffed on this one. Makes me wonder if Trump's camp got wind the dumb protests he encouraged weren't indicative of wider right wing thought on this. That's why he backed off telling Kemp he disagreed, but Kemp was already left holding the bag on this one.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
*when the poll numbers come out and it turns out the corporations bribing you to reopen the state cant help your approval ratings*

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
1059424.jpg

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
We should have elected RBH worse thing he would have done was make The Diamond Cutter the offical state wrestling move

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
The mayor of Atlanta was interviewed by Chris Cuomo, and she was completely opposed to opening her city up. She was like it sucks to be at odds with the governor but he's on some stupid shit. I wonder if the mayor of the state's largest population center giving instructions totally counter to his had any effect on his decision to walk things back.

Last edited:

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
no one i know thinks Kemp is competent now. Not even the republicans.

Also: be advised that this Public Health Emergency extension DOES NOT WALK BACK his earlier decision to have a phased reopening of businesses. That is still happening. He's not walking back SHIT.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
The mayor of Atlanta was interviewed by Chris Cuomo, and she was completely opposed to opening her city up. She was like it sucks to be at odds with the governor but he's on some stupid shit. I wonder if the mayor of the state's largest population center giving instructions totally counter to his had any affect on his decision to walk things back.
First state GOP hate atlanta, but they love the money it makes. Since the start of the thing Buttoms the mayor has been on top of things. Too the point Kemp called her and tried to get her to stop doing stuff. She shut down schools, suspended uility disconnections and evictions while Kemp was still downplaying the virus

jay

Oct 25, 2017
Who will sue him for requiring some people GIVE UP THEIR FREEDOMS?!?#2413<:2e4

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I'm guessing he did this because he stuck his neck out to reopen in order to impress Trump, and Trump threw him under the bus, so he said it wasn't worth it. That and he is an idiot.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
First state GOP hate atlanta, but they love the money it makes. Since the start of the thing Buttoms the mayor has been on top of things. Too the point Kemp called her and tried to get her to stop doing stuff. She shut down schools, suspended uility disconnections and evictions while Kemp was still downplaying the virus

I don't think Bottoms has done a good job of anything really other than not being Brian Kemp. She was SO on top of things she kept the parks open, watched as people crammed piedmont park and the streets of midtown like idiots, did nothing about it, and was largely ABSENT from public media as this all unfolded until Brian Kemp started being turbo-stupid 2 weeks ago and suddenly she's everywhere railing about his stupidity. Better late than never, I suppose. She should have been having twice weekly briefings since this whole thing started.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
It's almost as if yet another Republican politician whom literally stole an election turns out to be stunningly incompetent at his job. Who could have seen that coming?

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
It's cause Trump threw him under the bus and he has no cover now.

Why continue down the path of reopening everything when the imbecile pushing you to do it is already stepping aside to blame you for the deaths that will come from it.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
My mother (67 yo AA, overweight, type 2 diabetic, history of heart issues) went to get a manicure this week after the relaxation of Georgia's lockdown.

I wanted to scream through the phone. I can't understand holding the simultaneous views that "Kemp and Georgia Republicans are morons and crooks" and "surely they wouldn't tell us it was safe to go out if it wasn't so."

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
My wife's friend who is a teacher for Gwinnett County Schools was just told that teachers have to go back on May 18th.

Glad the mask of the GOP trying to kill people for profits is finally coming off on the rural white folks down there.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Why continue down the path of reopening everything when the imbecile pushing you to do it is already stepping aside to blame you for the deaths that will come from it.

These idiots still haven't figured it out that loyalty to Trump will not be rewarded.

He will throw you under the first bus if it benefits him in any way.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Ok but he's lifting the shelter in place order? Dude is an incompetent hack either way.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Surprise, surprise. He finally gained some limited foresight and saw that he's now left holding the bag after the President left him to drown. Too little, too late though. You're now in the history books.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have family in education (Florida, mind you), they all had to go in at the beginning of this to clean and prep classrooms for when students return, but since the school year has been cancelled, it might be to completely clean the classes for next school year?
Yeah my mom in Florida has to go in next week to clean up her classroom.