• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"He had a collection of guns so he must have been forcing her at gun point to have sex with him even though he was paying her" is the kind of bullshit a defense lawyer comes up with to try and get a lighter sentence.

Being pro murder isn't progressive.

she killed him on his sleep when she just could have left, but the truth is she was afraid of coming back to his pimp with nothing.

she was afraid of the pimp most likely

Clockwork

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wisconsin
"do you have RECEIPTS that the man partaking in the rape of a child sex slave was a pedophile tho"

Well it's kind of important if that is your primary argument, no? I mean I can't just start accusing you of being a pedophile, can I?

Do you think he knew how old Cyntoia was? I don't.

And yes, it would be factually wrong to call him a pedophile even if he did. Pedophiles experience sexual attraction to prepubescent children.

(I feel gross even having to state this, but JFC at the lengths some of you will go to vilify someone who is murdered based on hearsay alone)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
she killed him on his sleep when she just could have left, but the truth is she was afraid of coming back to his pimp with nothing.

she was afraid of the pimp most likely
The prosecution also had one witness who testified she asked him to go back to the victims house again to steal more stuff, and another witness who claims she told her that she killed Allen because "she wanted to watch him die". Ultimately none of this is important right now, because she's not being released because she's innocent. She admits as much that she's guilty of the crime. She's being released because the sentence she was given was outrageous.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
She shouldn't have served a day and gotten some rehabilitation.

I know plenty of lawyers who would've at the very minimum, made sure she wasn't tried as an adult and create one of the most important self defense cases in history.

She was destroyed by the system. She has fetal alcohol syndrome from her mother. It's really impressive how far she's come now. Once she's out, I hope she sues in civil court for time lost.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Well it's kind of important if that is your primary argument, no? I mean I can't just start accusing you of being a pedophile, can I?

Do you think that's a defense that would hold up anywhere? "I thought she was older"? In your opinion, who is the impetus on to not have sex with minors?

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah where the fuck are the bans

Everyone giving her shit knowing the circumstances are fucked up.

Ban this filth saying murder should have consequences!

Do you think that's a defense that would hold up anywhere? "I thought she was older"? In your opinion, who is the impetus on to not have sex with minors?

The dude isn't on trial here, he's already dead. Soliticiting a prostitute is already illegal, an underage one more so.

But that's not really relevant here.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
idk man maybe the fact that he was partaking in the rape of a child sex slave is proof in itself??????????
Just feels weird to try to justify the killing of man in his sleep by trying to prove 'he was no angel.' Her sentence was commuted due to her circumstances, so a wrong was righted. And some laws were changed, but there still needs to be more done to protect underage minors from life sentences. I don't think we should be trying to tar and feather posters that think there wasn't a problem with some initial jail time for the murder?

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think Persephone you should take a breath and try to remember that nobody here is arguing that child sex trafficking is in any way acceptable... however:

And yes, it would be factually wrong to call him a pedophile even if he did. Pedophiles experience sexual attraction to prepubescent children.

(I feel gross even having to state this, but JFC at the lengths some of you will go to vilify someone who is murdered based on hearsay alone)

You are being devil's advocate here for no reason, this isn't a court of law and it's reasonable to assume that a 43 year old dude searching out young prostitutes is likely a pedophile. That does not mean he deserved extrajudicial murder, but try not to antagonize people with pedantic arguments that ultimately lead to nothing. The entire "ephebophile vs pedophile" garbage is best left elsewhere. This 43 year old man took advantage of what would clearly be child sex slaves, we don't need to ponder the details much beyond that.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah where the fuck are the bans

Everyone giving her shit knowing the circumstances are fucked up.
Who is giving her shit? If any bans are deserved, it's for promulgating lies like "he previously raped a 17 year old". A thread about a case this murky doesn't need extra layers of complete horseshit thrown on top of it.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
at the end of everything her release should be celebrated and wishing her the best of lucks on trying to rebuild her life

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
at the end of everything her release should be celebrated and wishing her the best of lucks on trying to rebuild her life

She's got an iron fucking will to do as much as she's done while incarcerated unjustly and I hope she's able to make a great life for herself as a free woman.

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. I only wish her the best. She's had to overcome a lot. And will continue to have to overcome even more. Hopefully the people that helped get her out remain by her side. At least initially when she'll need the most assistance and encouragement.

She's got an iron fucking will to do as much as she's done while incarcerated unjustly and I hope she's able to make a great life for herself as a free woman.

She wasn't unjustly incarcerated though. She murdered someone. The sentence, however, was most definitely unjust.

Clockwork

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wisconsin
He did not deserve extrajudicial murder, Brown did not deserve to be sex trafficked.

He likely knew what he was getting into, even if he didn't know her exact age.

And I am A-Okay with this response.

The "shouldn't have gotten any jail time" or the hyperbolic "child rapist pedophile blah blah blah" nonsense is what I have a problem with.

I hope she will be provided the support system needed to effectively live her life outside of prison. I wish the best of luck to her.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Who is giving her shit? If any bans are deserved, it's for promulgating lies like "he previously raped a 17 year old". A thread about a case this murky doesn't need extra layers of complete horseshit thrown on top of it.
Not surprised you would take issue with me at all, but equating an honest mistake (that has since been edited) to "promulgating lies", yeah, okay dude.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He did not deserve extrajudicial murder, Brown did not deserve to be sex trafficked.

He likely knew what he was getting into, even if he didn't know her exact age.
This sums it up nicely then. It was shit a situation, made worse by an overly punishing sentence from the courts that is now commuted. I wish her the best, and hope that she continues to improve and help her community.

he
literally
raped
a
child

If you read about case, she turned down his advances and they never actually had sex before she shot him.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And I am A-Okay with this response.

The "shouldn't have gotten any jail time" or the hyperbolic "child rapist pedophile blah blah blah" nonsense is what I have a problem with.

I hope she will be provided the support system needed to effectively live her life outside of prison. I wish the best of luck to her.

Child rapist pedophile isn't hyperbolic, it's an assumptive description of what he was based on the circumstances of Browns trafficking, you may take issue with the literal definition of "pedophile" in this specific instance but arguing those details right now is largely irrelevant because we all agree that her incarceration for life was grossly unjust.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
A fair and just sentence for a 16 year old sex slave would have been an actual and meaningful attemp at rehabilitation, whether that takes months or years, but that doesn't happen because our system is broken and fueled on vengeance and punishment. Foolish people see "10 years" or "15 years" or "life" and it makes them feel better about themselves, like something has been accomplished, like we've made society safer.

Clockwork

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wisconsin
User Banned (permanent): Excusing sexual assault of a minor; rationalizing statutory rape
Child rapist pedophile isn't hyperbolic, it's an assumptive description of what he was based on the circumstances of Browns trafficking

I disagree.

If someone solicits sex for money (although people want to argue otherwise...he was a random John, he picked her up in his truck with no prior contact/background knowledge) is it really rape? (I'm definitely getting my search ready to call out any mother fucker that has shown any semblence of being okay with prostitution...because obviously that makes you a rapist). Not knowing her age, does that make him a pedophile (however you want to define it)? She would have long since reached physical maturity and something tells me these guys aren't out carding hookers just to make sure, and that could be said for any encounter similar to this.

At the most I would call it a shit situation that shouldn't happen. But anything beyond that would be left to assumption

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Casey Anthony killed her kid and walked.

Zimmerman killed a child and walked.

This girl killed her captor to escape and still has to sit down for 15 years and y'all still bitch.

Some of y'all really ain't worth shit.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I disagree.

If someone solicits sex for money (although people want to argue otherwise...he was a random John, he picked her up in his truck with no prior contact/background knowledge) is it really rape? (I'm definitely getting my search ready to call out any mother fucker that has shown any semblence of being okay with prostitution...because obviously that makes you a rapist). Not knowing her age, does that make him a pedophile (however you want to define it)? She would have long since reached physical maturity and something tells me these guys aren't out carding hookers just to make sure, and that could be said for any encounter similar to this.

At the most I would call it a shit situation that shouldn't happen. But anything beyond that would be left to assumption

Leaving some things to assumption is fine in this case, I don't want to litigate the nitty gritty details of his motivations because they're largely irrelevant. Brown's situation was abhorrent and while it doesn't justify her murdering the man, it does significantly change the circumstances and should have affected how the prosecution tried the case.

I think this, like NinjaScooter said above, is an example of just how broken our justice system is. We don't need to argue back and forth about the sexual preferences of a dead-John. We need to look carefully at how Brown was able to be tried as an adult and sentenced to life considering her life circumstances up to that point. I understand your desire for factual accuracy but in this specific instance is unnecessary and can be seen as antagonistic.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree.

If someone solicits sex for money (although people want to argue otherwise...he was a random John, he picked her up in his truck with no prior contact/background knowledge) is it really rape?

You do know that having sex with someone underage is called statutory *rape*, right? Because having sex with someone that can't consent is rape. That's simply what it is.

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This girl killed her captor to escape and still has to sit down for 15 years and y'all still bitch.

That's just not true though. He wasn't her captor, he was asleep in a bed. She shot him, robbed him and returned the bounty to her actual captor.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree.

Having sex with a minor is rape, and ignorance if their age is not a defense.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having trouble understanding how some of you believe the 15 or so years she's already served as "fair punishment"

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

She didn't kill her captor, though. She killed a guy in his sleep, stole his shit, and gave it to her captor.

Clockwork

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wisconsin
Leaving some things to assumption is fine in this case, I don't want to litigate the nitty gritty details of his motivations because they're largely irrelevant. Brown's situation was abhorrent and while it doesn't justify her murdering the man, it does significantly change the circumstances and should have affected how the prosecution tried the case.

We don't need to argue back and forth about the sexual preferences of a dead-John.

I didn't think it was necessary either until people crawled out of the woodwork using it as a justification for murder and/or walking away scott free.