• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which game is your GOTY so far

• The Last of Us 2

Votes: 1,396 45.9%
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake

Votes: 489 16.1%
  • Animal Crossing

Votes: 372 12.2%
  • Doom Eternal

Votes: 138 4.5%
  • Ori & The Will of the Wisps

Votes: 191 6.3%
  • Other (Please state)

Votes: 453 14.9%

• Total voters

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
With so much being delayed there aren't many options, what game do you think has it in the bag so far?

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Half-Life: Alyx.

Mine so far are:
Half-Life: Alyx
Last of Us part 2
FF7 Remake
World of Horror
Ghost of Tsushima
Animal Crossing NH

Hope the end of the year is a bloodbath though. Hope some crazy stuff gets announced for the end of this year.

right now tloup2

if WORLD OF HORROR hits 1.0 by the end of the year that may change

At the rate he is putting out updates he'll have it finished by the end of the year.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Really enjoyed quite a bit of stuff, though it's not as stacked as some recent years for my interests.
I've gotta do some rearranging, but Kentucky Route Zero pretty handily gets my game of the year thus far.

1. Kentucky Route Zero
  2. Umurangi Generation
  3. If Found
  4. World of Horror
  5. Deadly Premonition 2
  6. The Last of Us Part 2
  7. Disaster Report 4

Last edited:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
right now tloup2

if WORLD OF HORROR hits 1.0 by the end of the year that may change

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Really hard for me to vote for something that isn't Half Life: Alyx right now. I haven't even finished it, just played bits and pieces with a friend. It's that good.

Overall, a really stacked year.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
TLOU2, easily, I think currently the only one who would have a chance to steal the spot is Half Life Alyx, but...VR, I don't have the money for that unfortunately.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
As of right now, Ghost of Tsushima.

Had you asked a week ago, I would have said Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I wish it was FFVIIR but it's very imperfect, as much as I love it. It reached higher highs than anything I've played in a long time and I treasure it greatly.

The Last of Us, however, is just an impeccably-constructed game from top to bottom. Much like the its predecessor I can't level a single significant criticism against it. Even choices that left me frustrated in the moment served to improve the whole, and in hindsight I have to applaud them.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
As much as TLOU2 is the objectively better game in just about every way, and is the sequel to my game of the generation for the PS3, FF7R captured my heart in the way that only SE at its best can do. What a coup FF has made on my heart; Shadowbringers last year and 7R this year.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I really thought Last of Us 2 was going to be my running away GOTY. I didn't hate the game, but I just wasn't in love with it overall.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
TETRIS EFFECT YET AGAIN BAYBEE
aW76Ha8.png

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
It will be pretty hard to choose only 10 to my list at the end of the year. But number 1 is TLOU II for sure.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Animal Crossing was the perfect game for my sanity back in March in the middle of the pandemic. It's gonna be my personal GotY for that reason alone.

Sand_Fox

Apr 21, 2020
For me personally it's FFVII Remake

Most likely it'll be The Last of Us Part II or Cyberpunk if it gets nominated this year

Oct 25, 2017
Doom Eternal is my favorite FPS of all time, it gets my vote. One of the finest action games in general, and possibly my favorite western game, but I need to give this some more thought, a lot of classics to consider.

It's just that good. Easily my GOTY 2020. Still didn't play The Last of Us Part II, but I really can't see it winning against Doom for me, personally.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Right now it's Ghost of Tsushima. TLOU2 fully deserves the spot because of what an enormous achievement it is but I didn't really enjoy playing it.

Oct 25, 2017
It came out on Steam this year so it's a 2020 game for me, so I'm going with The Outer Wilds as my GOTY so far.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it would be TLOU 2 and it was until GoT... Just enjoying the game a hell of a lot more (gameplay wise, not story wise).
The first 3 quarters of the year was always just a placeholder for me though, CP2077 will be my GOTY and probably game of the next many years.