• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Cameron Monaghan, who played 2 versions of The Joker on Gotham, who were great by the way, has reacted to Joaquin Phoenix's Joker.

"They did a wonderful job of capturing their vision. And visually I thought that the movie was really well done. The cinematography was some of my favorite of the year. It was a wild ride."

"It was fun too because they were shooting right next to us in Brooklyn at the Steiner Studio for a lot of it," Monaghan shared. "And every once in a while I would see little glimpses of it and I was like, 'Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing that on camera.' So I'm glad that I got a chance to see it."

"It was really subtle and different than what's been done before. And it's hard because I feel like with performances, with characters that have been portrayed by multiple people, for some reason, people always want to pit them against each other and say like, 'Ah, this one is good. This one is not good.' In reality, performances exist on this continuum of ... The performance needs to be right for the material that it's within. The story that they wanted to tell with that movie, I thought his performance fit in perfectly and it accomplished exactly what they wanted to do in the same way Heath Ledger's or Jack Nicholson's or these other guys did as well. But yeah, it was really great to be able to see."

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Temp job frycook reacts to Gordon Ramsey's burgers

i have not seen either of these things

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Now I've never seen Gotham but what does everyone mean when they say he played two versions of the character on the same show?
Uh

He becomes the joker a wild crazy face ripped off and staple it back on joker, he has a twin brother tries to find him and kill him. But he dies. But suprised know's he's gonna die, sprays him with joker gass to turn himto another joker with an entirely different more sinister and calm tempermet . So he plays two different jokers. Calm joker's kinda pimp tbh

Last edited:

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Uh

He becomes the joker a wild crazy face ripped off and staple it back on joker, he has a twin brother tries to find him and kill him. But suprised know's he's gonna die, spraws him with joker gass to turn himto another joker with an entirely different more sinister and calm tempermet . So he plays two different jokers. Calm joker's kinda pimp tbh
I'll say what I always say whenever I come across Gotham, it baffles me people think this is a good show.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
"Same as Heath Ledger's or Jack Nicholson or... these other guys." Damn, not even a name drop.

739fae49031dae9f79f750b711fac882.png

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
When you ask me who was the worse Joker, Leto or Monaghan, I'll say that Leto at least made me feel something.

Oct 27, 2017
Uh

He becomes the joker a wild crazy face ripped off and staple it back on joker, he has a twin brother tries to find him and kill him. But suprised know's he's gonna die, spraws him with joker gass to turn himto another joker with an entirely different more sinister and calm tempermet . So he plays two different jokers. Calm joker's kinda pimp tbh
Oh that's wild. Thanks!

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
"They did a wonderful job of capturing their vision. And visually I thought that the movie was really well done. The cinematography was some of my favorite of the year. It was a wild ride."

I really didn't care for the movie and this is word for word what I'd say if I was trying to be diplomatic in an interview.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London

I really didn't care for the movie and this is word for word what I'd say if I was trying to be diplomatic in an interview.
Yeah definitely. He's going out his way to praise the technical aspects without ever commenting on the quality of the film.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
"When you bring him out, could you not introduce him as joker"

Such a mess, hope one day he can voice a legit joker in animated series or something.