• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
From their official Twitter:

As you can see if you look to the poster you can come to a date, July 16, 2021.

WB Games is releasing LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga in Spring, Back 4 Blood in June, and Hogwarts sometime in the Fall, so a July release date would make a lot of sense.

Sep 19, 2020
Guessing the first date is some sort of Gold edition "five days early" date, with the second being the actual release.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Could be. Dumb move if they are announcing a date this early. Don't announce a date until you know you can make it

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
The gameplay they showed for Gotham Knights looked pretty fleshed out when they demoed the game back during the DC Fandome event, so could see a summer release...

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Could be. Dumb move if they are announcing a date this early. Don't announce a date until you know you can make it
Back 4 Blood already announced their date, it's not really out of the norm.
Wouldn't hold my breath
They were in Alpha phase before August.
Me thinks Gotham Knights will be Fall and Hogwarts will be 2022. Squad will get delayed.
jschreier already said Hogwarts was Fall 2021.

Nov 28, 2017
Is this releasing on lastgen + PC only (but playable on currentgen via BC) and postponing the currentgen plans due to COVID, or are they officially releasing a currentgen version, day and date, as well?

Oct 27, 2017
Gotham Knights being released in July is something that makes sense to me. I feel like the behind-the-scenes info we've heard about this game - and God knows the rumour mill was spinning for long enough - indicated that this may have been targeting late 2020 at one point in its development.

Of the three big WB titles, it's the one I'm most confident will hit its mark.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
2021 should be very full, and a lot of 2020 games getting delayed into 2021 makes it even fuller. Trying to find a space in the middle of summer without huge competition is a good idea

Nov 28, 2017
They haven't spoke on a next gen version yet, but I imagine they'll have one like most cross gen games.

Will wait for the PS5/XSX version then.

It's WB, so the upgrade path chances are slim, and these guys deliver some of the most shoddy PC ports at their launches (the bugs in AO were egregious), which will be fixed a year later along with their DLC's, so PC's out of the question at launch too.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Good date.

I am super excited for this. I love the Batfamily.

Only thing that could get me more excited is if we got Damian or Orphan.

Or confirmation that we will get hangout scenes.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
I love that someone over at WB was like "I don't think we've done enough teases for Gotham Knights"

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm cautiously excited about this game. I like that it has Batman out of the way and Dick, Barbara and Tim are playable (I don't personally like Jason but I'm not upset he's here). I'm a little iffy on it being seemingly multiplayer focused but it sounds like they wanna try to balance and cater to single player folks too... That's where I tend to get a bit wary, especially with the way damage numbers look in combat for some encounters so far. But, I'll gladly try out a beta or something if they make it open to public and try to get a better feel hands-on... If not, I'll be keeping my ear to the ground for impressions whenever they start arriving.

These dates don't really ring as game release or beta dates but I also wasn't expecting Gotham Knights that "soon," either.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised it's that late. The game play demo they showed looked like a game well into development. I assumed this was gonna be Q1 2021, Q2 at max.