• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Quentulated Mox

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 10, 2022
yeah idk not really feeling it. the only thing that could really turn me around on this game is if the co-op is really frictionless, and then it could be fun in a "drop in and beat the shit out of goons with your bros" kind of way. but the fact that there's tiered loot and stuff probably means level gating and shit that will just turn me off again

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping this turns out decent. The initial reveal looked like it'd be a fun brawler but the more recent gameplay vids had more jank than I was expecting.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
For sure looking better than the Nightwing/Red Hood presentation. I still really need to see story stuff and villains, but yeah.

I hope Red Hood isn't a boring character to play as. Gun-toting characters in melee-based/non-shooter games can be pretty bland and unsatisfying or, if fun enough, the worst in the roster (like Barret in FF VII Remake).

I know there's free aiming, but it's obviously built for specific instances, the game isn't a shooter.

EDIT: some costumes for Babs:
97GoSIt.jpeg

J9LiJZ8.jpeg

b7Hn7WV.jpeg

Pretty cool, although I gotta say that most of the alt skins we've seen for all characters so far feel very... gimmicky? Busy?

Also, we've barely seen skins inspired by the comics/movies.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Really want this to be good. That trailer was cool imo

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Seeing as I'll probably play as her 90% of the time, it's good that she looks like the most traditionally Arkham-like character.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
She easily looks like the most fun character to move around as

If I wind up buying the Game at some point, i'll likely just play as her

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Batgirl has pretty consistently been my favorite comics character (either as Babs or Stephanie) so I just want the game to live up to my desire of running around fighting crime as Batgirl.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty cool, although I gotta say that most of the alt skins we've seen for all characters so far feel very... gimmicky? Busy?

Also, we've barely seen skins inspired by the comics/movies.

I wonder how much of this is actually skins vs gear? Or is gear non-visual content?

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
that was a good trailer, especially using only gameplay

graphics being worse than arkham knight from 2015 + last gen is a sore spot tho

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt Batman is actually dead. Since the villains are the Court of Owls, there will probably be a mindcontrolled Batman boss fight.
He's comic book dead. The protagonists believe he's dead, but he's free to be revealed to secretly still be alive. He could also be resurrected somehow, or cloned, or there could be a robot or an alternate universe or timeline version of him.

But when the story begins, Batman is presumed dead.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, that gameplay still looks incredibly janky. What is going on with these stiff animations? These character animations are eerily reminiscent of a mid-2000s NRS game. I fear for this game.
I definitely hope so, if a playable Batman is eventually end game content that would be great.
End game? I think you mean DLC, my friend. I would not be surprised if people have to pay for Batman sometime down the line.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
This was better than the others I think, but them shying away from the story elements is concerning.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, that gameplay still looks incredibly janky. What is going on with these stiff animations? These character animations are eerily reminiscent of a mid-2000s NRS game. I fear for this game.

End game? I think you mean DLC, my friend. I would not be surprised if people have to pay for Batman sometime down the line.

Fair point. I just want a playable Batman been 7 years.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
That is a good trailer. Shame it's for Babsgirl rather than Steph or Cass, but hopefully they'll be added later as DLC. I will buy them at a high price, you hear me WB?

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
It looks good, but it feels weird to hear someone say "Protecting people runs in my veins" while watching a 2-minute video of said person beating the crap out of people.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I am one of the rare people here that can't wait to play this game. It's not reinventing the wheel but enough time passed since Arkham Knight that even if gameplay is the same it won't bother me.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I wonder how much of this is actually skins vs gear? Or is gear non-visual content?
From what they've shown, I think the system works something like this:
  • You can craft "styles", thematic costumes and can be shared across characters (stealth, shinobi, Beyond, Knightwatch...).
    • You can mix and match, within limits, different body parts, such as head, torso...
    • You have mod slots to change gameplay properties.
  • You can also craft melee and range weapons, each blueprint with a different look I assume, as well as mod slots and properties.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Cool looking stuff.

Really dig the design of the other two costumes in the trailer, the masked and slightly more armoured ones. Not a fan of weird X mask design on anything (the sort of Nightwing/Zorro one)