• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
The bot for the Gotham Knights channel is named Orphan, so we may get Cassandra Cain in the game at some point.

Screenshot_2020-08-22_at_20.01.26.png
Interesting. Missed opportunity for it to be Oracle though! >:(

Of course Jason is the most popular.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, is this a sequel to Arkham Knight? Was there something I really missed in regards to Barbara being able to walk again, Jim dying, & aren't her & Tim married, Tim looks really young comparatively to Knight? I'm really confused.
Not a formal sequel. I'm sure those things will be explained in the game. Well, except for Tim and Barbara, which I will be so happy if they go back on. It should have never happened.
It's not a sequel at all. It has no connection to Arkham. The explosion you guys hear about in the beginning is something that happens to Bruce in the city (most likely by the Court). The world doesn't know he's Batman. There's plenty of hints in the dialogue and what's happening in the trailers, but this isn't in the Arkhamverse. It might have some easter eggs towards those events, some of those may even be canon in this universe, but it's completely original.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I kind of take back what I said. I just saw the gameplay video. This has RPG elements. And each campaign is at least 15+ hours. No thanks.

I can't do long games anymore, and I have very little patience for RPG mechanics/level systems.

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
I keep seeing people say the art style is weird, what are they referring to
The color scheme is a bit more saturated than the Arkham series to my eyes, it maybe looks a little less gritty. The character models are also more "cartoony" than they were in AK (although not the earlier games). I don't think it's a big deal

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Some superficial reactions:
  • Yes, I want all Batman games to let me play as members of the family, so this makes me happy.
  • I shouldn't have expected otherwise, but I wish it was Cass instead of Babs.
  • I will overlook anything and everything if I get to play as Cass.
  • I know it had to be short for the trailer, but the video from Bruce was really impersonal. I hope the game does not ignore the fact that three of these characters are Bruce's own children.
  • I will pay $100 to play as Cass.
  • I really love the Co-Op! I hope it's local

Swap Cass with Stephanie Brown, or hell, just put Spoiler in a launch or DLC & I'll drop a $100 too. Both are far better than Barbara as Batgirl for me.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am REALLY not feeling the gameplay here. I don't particularly want every comic game to be a multiple characters to level up style grind.
The moment to moment generally just looked like a less polished Arkham.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
It's not a sequel at all. It has no connection to Arkham. The explosion you guys hear about in the beginning is something that happens to Bruce in the city (most likely by the Court). The world doesn't know he's Batman. There's plenty of hints in the dialogue and what's happening in the trailers, but this isn't in the Arkhamverse. It might have some easter eggs towards those events, some of those may even be canon in this universe, but it's completely original.

I thought the bolded was true and said as much, but I think I was mistaken on that front. The trailer mentions the explosion as occurring "north of the city", so maybe it will end up being Wayne Manor.

But yeah, it might end up as a be a 'sequel if you don't really think about it', kind of like Arkham Asylum to Batman The Animated Series.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
It looks way better than Avengers. Basically a co-op Arkham game. Batgirl's design is by far the best one. Hoping the others have better costumes to choose from.

Really disappointed it's only 2 player co-op tho, the first trailer had me thinking it was 4.

Pau

Oct 25, 2017
Right, that's what I meant that it's not a formal sequel. Having no knowledge about the characters besides the Arkham games will probably give you enough of a foundation, but they're probably working on the assumption that a large part of their audience only knows about Babs, Dick, Jason, and Tim from those games.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
robin in the trash where he belongs.

Thats why they gave him that flashy teleport..they knew..they knew no one would care otherwise.

Pau

Oct 25, 2017

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I highly recommend "Batman: White Knight" saga by Sean Murphy, it's one (if not's the best) storyline from batman I have read. Also this game is pure GaaS, or not??

I'm reading a lot of posts disagreeing so I'll just say I think this is a solid recommend.

Especially if you don't want to get bogged down in continuity it's a Batman story that explores some really cool ideas, and springboards off of Batman The Animated Series to do so.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Batman: White Knight is very good and sells like crazy. A neat remix of 90s canon with TAS canon. And even Batman 1989.

Tim and Babs marry in Kight. Who members that?
xPcARIdl.jpg

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Hontestly this did nothing for me, and I really enjoyed Arkham games (the Rocksteady ones).

The combat looked super dull (damage numbers why 🤢), the dialogue had me cringing for some reason... everything just feels so stiff overall.

Need to see more but for the first impression this wasn't good.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right, that's what I meant that it's not a formal sequel. Having no knowledge about the characters besides the Arkham games will probably give you enough of a foundation, but they're probably working on the assumption that a large part of their audience only knows about Babs, Dick, Jason, and Tim from those games.
This is looking pretty damn close to the comics so I doubt BabsxTim will be a thing, if for the age gap alone.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
What? They literally describe the ending of Arkham Knight to a tee in that trailer. Weird to just leap off on such a similar point then.

Does that mean that Batgirl could be Babs then too?
Again, they never mention Wayne Manor in the trailer, also Gordon is dead since many years in this continuity (as mentioned in Bruce's recording).

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Looks alright. Arkham Knight kinda soured me on Batman games in general, but co-op if pulled off well could pull me back in.

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
The strange thing is, they could've easily had this game fit as a sequel to Knight. Jim's death and Barbara walking again seem to be the only things holding it back and both could be explained in an intro scene.

I get WB Montreal wanting a fresh start with their take on the series, but why not make it work?

...unless Rocksteady's Suicide Squad is doing that instead. Guess we'll have to see.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the bolded was true and said as much, but I think I was mistaken on that front. The trailer mentions the explosion as occurring "north of the city", so maybe it will end up being Wayne Manor.

But yeah, it might end up as a be a 'sequel if you don't really think about it', kind of like Arkham Asylum to Batman The Animated Series.
I have no idea where Wayne Manor is in Gotham but I wouldn't doubt that lol

SO glad to have a living Gotham though
My bad, my eyes must have glossed over the "formal" part lol

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
What? They literally describe the ending of Arkham Knight to a tee in that trailer. Weird to just leap off on such a similar point then.

Does that mean that Batgirl could be Babs then too?
Yeah, but then everything else is sideways. Tim is much younger. Barbara is Batgirl. Gordon is dead.
Red Hood/Jason has a different design with no Joker brand over his face. Freeze is a villain and alive.

It seems they took artistic inspiration from AK's ending but are doing their own thing otherwise.