• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
I think the line about Wayne Manor exploding is definitely meant to imply a sequel to Arkham Knight when it's actually clearly not. This is what they mean by soft reboot.

Some people think that's a good idea as it means more creative freedom but I think it's very underhanded.

I don't like that they didn't spell out whether it was a new universe or an Arkham sequel - I think they did it very intentionally to sell more games and inevitably have Joker as the main villain.
Pretty sure they never say Wayne Manor, but an explosion in Gotham.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I think it looks pretty good. The character design themselves aren't the best but the art of the game overall looks interesting enough and the graphics are good (I hope the city is bigger than previous entries).

Not a fan of levels, xp, health bars and all that rpg crap in a batman game... feels tacked on.
And the 2 player co-op seems like a missed opportunity with the 4 playable characters, maybe it'll get patched in the future? idk.

Overall the concept looks like it can be a lot of fun, I hope the game is structured well.

Wet Jimmy

Nov 11, 2017
I'm a long-time Bat Fan, so of course I'll be there day-one - but I'm super disappointed that Batman doesn't appear to be a playable character.

Due to the multiplayer focus, I'm wondering if it's designed that way to prevent arguments over who gets to be the `Man.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Wait, is this a sequel to Arkham Knight? Was there something I really missed in regards to Barbara being able to walk again, Jim dying, & aren't her & Tim married, Tim looks really young comparatively to Knight? I'm really confused.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
I don't mind the lack of Batman. Even if it was connected to the Arkham games, it probably means we not get stuck with the Batman/Joker conflict for the fifth time in a modern Batman game. Plus playable Barbara is always good!

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You know its not a sequel to Arkham Knight when Jason does not have that stupid J scar on his face.
4a9dcd643613915913c734c78a2172aa.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the trailers before reading this thread, and I've been pretty blindsided by the reactions here. It looks good to me. Sometimes I wonder what percentage of threads that go this way represent genuine disappointment, and what percentage are just people not being able to resist a good pile on.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
This looks completely underwhelming. Just looks like Arkham Knight without Batman. And the character designs aren't doing it for me. We waited how many years for this?

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The return of Jason arc began exactly one arc before Under the Red Hood. Also by Winick. Here:
dc.fandom.com

Batman Vol 1 629

"As the Crow Flies, Part Four: Shotgun": The synopsis for this issue has not yet been written. Batman #629 is an issue of the series Batman (Volume 1) with a cover date of August, 2004. It was published on June 30, 2004. Featured Characters: Batman Supporting Characters: Robin III Alfred...
C74uPhLX0AAZDDY.jpg:large

The comic ends with Jason´s old mask in the car which forshaodws that someone is playing with Bruce. Scarebeast was a trash tier idea. Immediately dropped with One Year Later but that´s neither here nor there

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, is this a sequel to Arkham Knight? Was there something I really missed in regards to Barbara being able to walk again, Jim dying, & aren't her & Tim married, Tim looks really young comparatively to Knight? I'm really confused.
Not a formal sequel. I'm sure those things will be explained in the game. Well, except for Tim and Barbara, which I will be so happy if they go back on. It should have never happened.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Mixed feelings about it.

New artstyle is weird, but seems interesting enough, I'm sure the story will be interesting, graphics aren't as impressive as they should be following Knight, and the seemingly RPG aspect seems pretty bad (unlike the rest of the gameplay).
Also thought that coop would be for 4 players, 2 is a weird choice (outside of gameplay purposes). Interested, but not that much until they give more details about the RPG aspect (that I wish it didn't have) with those damage numbers and enemy levels...

Oct 27, 2017
The embedded video was playing at 480p, so my initial impression was...

But switching to 1080p, the game came alive. Some of the details are fantastic, everything looks so crisp.

And I don't mind the lack of Batman, it's quite refreshing.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I like the look but then I also don't but then I do.

I am a mixture of emotions. I blame the colours. On which I love but also hate.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Did they mention whether it's in the continuity of the Arkham games, I guess it carries on from the end of Arkham Knight so.....?

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a long-time Bat Fan, so of course I'll be there day-one - but I'm super disappointed that Batman doesn't appear to be a playable character.

Due to the multiplayer focus, I'm wondering if it's designed that way to prevent arguments over who gets to be the `Man.
I'm actually happy that Batman isn't the focal point here (he may be story wise but we'll see and who are we kidding he'll probably be a playable character later on). It's time DC took the next step and finally not only focus on Batman in every way possible. Hopefully this starts a trend of console games without Batman.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean injuries like that in general seem weird in world like DC, you know batman he problably knows some one in the JLA that can regen the cells in your spine so you can walk. Fuck supes probs got kyrptonian tech that can do that
I don't care about it from a "lore" perspective at all.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I love the stylized look of the game...

But...

It seems a bit off. What's with the hit point numbers? Is this strickly a coop game or a GaaS?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Batman will 100% dropkick in half way through the game and one will play anyone else.
Sequel bait will be tease for this fucker who is running rampant at DC.
STL119537.jpg

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I will forever hate the New52 for introducing this

"Yeah she decided to not be paralyzed anymore"
Same. She's great as Oracle. And DC uses it as an excuse to ignore a POC character and other female characters in general.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Some superficial reactions:
  • Yes, I want all Batman games to let me play as members of the family, so this makes me happy.
  • I shouldn't have expected otherwise, but I wish it was Cass instead of Babs.
  • I will overlook anything and everything if I get to play as Cass.
  • I know it had to be short for the trailer, but the video from Bruce was really impersonal. I hope the game does not ignore the fact that three of these characters are Bruce's own children.
  • I will pay $100 to play as Cass.
  • I really love the Co-Op! I hope it's local.

Haha I wasn't able to post right away unfortunately!
The bot for the Gotham Knights channel is named Orphan, so we may get Cassandra Cain in the game at some point.

Screenshot_2020-08-22_at_20.01.26.png

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know it seems like everyone's down on the game but ERA is a bubble and the reactions I've seen have been largely positive.

I mean, I think it looks fine, but it's weird to ascribe this to an ERA thing when it's sitting on a trailer with more dislikes than likes.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Looks dope.
Hopefully its more action than RPG. So more like God of War on how it handled loot and progression.
Co-op will be fun as well.