• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
va8pk8avhli51.jpg

This is literally this thread summed up in one image LMAO

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
My prediction: The court of owls staged Batman's Death and have him somewhere. We release him in the latter half of the game and he becomes the fifth playable character. This is unfortunatley the EXACT thing that's happening in Marvel's Avengers game with Captain America but... just my guess that it'l happen here too.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
Did I miss something? How is this GaaS? Just seems like single player with a different progression system i.e. new AC games and with optional co-op.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Batman is at his best when he's with the Batfamily.

The Batfamily is at its best when they have to solve issues without Batman.

The fact that you play as members of the Batfamily is my favorite thing about this so far lol

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
anyone else a bit thrown off by how they're describing it as the "Xbox One family of devices" which somehow includes Series X, One X, and PC?

PC? wtf? also Series X is under the Xbox One umbrella? that seems like it's going to cause confusion

They got Xbox One X and XSX mixed up.

In regards to PC, its been assumed for a long time that this would be EGS, but saying "PC" doesn't really clarify where it is going on PC

Spoom

Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone here actually know what GaaS is? a single player campaign with a story and the option to play with co-op is not GaaS.

Multiplayer=/=GaaS.

I don't know how anyone considers this to be the new Avengers game for DC. It looks very different

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
This is definitely the type of open world Batman experience I've been waiting for. So excited for this. Everything has been on point.

I can see this being an updated GaaS type game for a long time, seeing as how Gotham is a truly living, breathing city now.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Why do they not upload videos for their game's reveal in higher quality?
Youtube lets you upload in 4K. This increases the bitrate and/or resolution. Why don't they do this?

The Twitter video looks horrendous and it doesn't look a whole lot better on Youtube.
Flat and mushy, with whatever detail present in the actual game getting crushed and smeared together in pixely compression blocks, dithering and whatever else. Removes any visual impact this gameplay demo might've had.

Never mind.
Now I'm instead wondering why they're primarily marketing assy looking videos instead of this one.

Last edited:

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
It's most likely being turned into a full RPG with stats, skill-tree and such, even the combat was probably changed to accomodate this shift from the Arkhams eries.

radical proposition

instead of the goons having a floating number above their heads, how about like

the weak enemies are just guys with no armor

stronger enemies are guys with armor and stuff

then maybe the strongest enemies could be like robots and shit

and instead of making your punches do bigger numbers, have the progression be about giving the player new tools (gameplay mechanics)

this number shit is making me insane, I feel like game designers are putting that stuff in there just to spite me

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Calling it now, they incorporate the Lazarus Pit in the game, maybe in the DLC, to revive Batman and that ends up with a fight against Damian or something, and you end up recruiting him.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything more entertaining than whenever ERA discovers that a game is GaaS?

Oct 25, 2017
Because it's not developed as a single player game. It just has that as a feature.

They basically said as much when they said it was a 'living' city - they did not refer to advanced AI with that.

I guess what it comes down to is that this isn't exactly what I wanted, but I think it looks good for what it is. I really don't like spongey damage numbered enemies in a Batman game especially when it looks like we won't get a traditional Batman game any time soon.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
This looks good. It's really about time for a new batman game. I might fire up Arkham Knight later.

The character artstyle is obviously different and somehow reminding me of fortnite artstyle. I like the costume designs. The gameplay trailer already shows that alternate outfits are in.

I was taken aback by the enemy levels and the damage. Reminded me of AC Oddysey. I don't mind it too much though.

Let's be honest, Batman will probably show up in the last arc and this game and suicide squad will setup a Justice League game.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Loving the new combat. We had four games of the same thing basically, this feels fresh.

traB-pU-kciP

Mar 30, 2019
Italy
Still a PS4 Game? So it's a port for next gen. It has not been thought as a next gen game from the conception. I'm a bit disappointed.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fun, but I'm hoping for more Court of Owl content and less of the traditional Batman villains.

It would be great if co-op is cross-platform.

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
No batman is really lame.

Not digging the UI elements especially the red behind the enemies level, it's really distracting and not appealing to the eyes.

In general I'm not digging the level system..

Co-op looks fun atleast.

Last edited: