• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

I say GOTG, you say...

• Breath of the Wild

Votes: 2,071 59.1%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 1,435 40.9%

• Total voters

Voodoowoolf

Oct 31, 2017
I'm gonna get a switch this year if the new updated version drops... I'll be back to decide and vote. It will be my first Zelda game šŸ˜­

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Neither of those would be even near the top of my list, Hitman 2016/Hitman 2 would easily be my pick.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Bloodborne pretty much mops the floor with it, and I liked BotW.

The gameplay mechanics are just far superior, boss fights are actually good and level design is top notch. Open world just can't really compete. BotW is the best podcast game. Bloodborne is simply just one of the best.

Hooks

Oct 27, 2017
What is this thread lmao. Witcher 3. If just between those two bloodborne. I pick Sekiro over bloodborne though.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Neither is GOTG for me,but Bloodborne is definitely up there.
BOTW is good,but not a masterpiece as Bloodborne.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne is one of the two games this gen I'd consider a 'masterpiece', along with INSIDE.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've played both and it's Botw. Bloodborne is great no doubt but doesn't come close to Botw. Greatest of all time maybe. So don't feel bad bloodborne fans

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
No contest, we already know the list goes like this:

1. BOTW
2. The Witcher 3
3. God of War
4. Bloodborne
5. RDR2

Honorable Mentions:
1. DMC5
2. KH3
3. Celeste

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
It's a foregone conclusion that BOTW will run away with GOTG vote at the end of the generation. It's not my personal GOTG. Not even close. But it is what it is. Just accept it now and move on.

Klaw

Nov 16, 2017
France
BotW for me, but even if I really liked Bloodborne, I prefer DkS 3. And from what I played, there is a big chance I will place Sekiro on top of those two.

Subject to change tho, but I think for me it would be :
Witcher 3 = BotW > (or = ?) Sekiro > DkS 3

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Games more deserving than Bloodborne:
Red Dead Redemption 2
God of War
MGSV
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
The Witcher 3

Celeste
Inside
Resident Evil 2
Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey
Undertale

Smash Ultimate
I have played these,and in my tastes Bloodborne is head to head with TW3 and MGSV for me,with Uncharted 4 higher and God of War as my GOTG.I love Resident Evil 2,but is not Bloodborne level.
The others don't hold a candle for it.
Super Mario Odyssey is overrated as hell,just saying.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about BotW the more I'm convinced it's a 6-7/10 type game. I didn't even love BB - I mean, it's fine - but at least it's isn't aggressively pointless like just about everything in BotW.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Witcher 3. Most awarded game this gen too.

BB ain't even better than DS3 or Sekiro gameplay wise and amazing setting alone can't carry it.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
Neither of them are my GOTG, but I'd at least rank Bloodborne among my top 10 of the gen. BotW, I just think fucking sucks.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Remove the pedigree and big names behind most projects and most people would be uninterested
But with BotW if you remove the Zelda aspect, you still have at it's core, a fantastic, gamechanging game
So not sure what your point was
I don't think you can even compare the power of the Zelda brand to any sort of bias that Bloodborne may garner as a FromSoft title. I'm not saying BOTW is an underwhelming game or anything but it reviewed extremely well in large part because of it's place within the Zelda series and the changes it made to that formula.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Breath of the Wild, Witcher 3, God of War, Mario Odyssey and RDR2 are my favorite games from this gen.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It just never occurrs to me that console fan boyism somehow has an effect on the quality of actual games. Boggles the mind that it's actually a factor in a game's popularity.
It shouldn't, but the OP is very clearly just console warring here. I mean the gen isn't even over, all BB and BoTW have in common is they start with a B and there's a lot more GoTG contenders than just those two.