• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
Saw a lot of pizza threads. Wanted to get a few slices for myself to kick off the weekend.

Now I'm sitting here with a fat Burger King order clearly meant for two people and a refund (yes I still tipped the courier even if they effed up). Part of me feels bad that the other people probably got the short end of the delivery stick but on the other hand this Chocolate Sundae Pie is looking real nice right now.

W0Wqq8C.gif

Anyways how's your Friday night going, ERA?

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad you didn't get a 30 dollar Italian meal

I'm sure they'd re-order your food if you wanted, they can't re-deliver food due to health reasons

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Oh man the surprise BK Sundae Pie >>>> whatever you ordered

Enjoy that creamy goodness fam.

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
Uhm did the delivery driver left the food outside your door? Because if you picked it up, well.... I'm pretty sure pizzas and burgers come packed up differently

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Did you get my damn pho three weeks ago as well? So sad getting the picture of the delivery left at the door and it not being my door haha.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uhm did the delivery driver left the food outside your door? Because if you picked it up, well.... I'm pretty sure pizzas and burgers come packed up differently

That's what most places are doing these days unless specifically requested not to.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
Happened to me once. I ordered from Chipotle and got someone else's order by mistake (same first name). It was different enough that I felt justified getting a requesting a refund from Chipotle, but similar enough that I ate it anyway.

Zultima

Mar 4, 2020
Lol I can't imagine getting burger king delivered , like you can get some real ass restaurant food (like Chili's or Applebeeeez) delivered for almost the same money

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Only time i got the wrong order it was pimento cheese chicken biscuit. Ewww

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This makes me think of that time I ordered 40€ worth a BK just for the delivery guy to fuck up and accidentally reporting the delivery has not being possible. Got refunded straight away and had the food as well.

I still wonder how much trouble the delivery guy got afterwards.

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
That's better than the time I picked up someone else's McDonald's order and didn't notice until I got home and looked inside:
EcQzAYkUcAIfjBj
EcQzAYlUMAETgY2

WHO DOES THIS

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
Last year, a Uber eats driver left a Popeyes order at my door — they didn't even knock. I found it the following day while taking out the trash.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I usually get surprise cancelled orders five minutes before it was slated to show up; I wish I could get some dessert out of these things.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Yeah I've gotten neighbors orders from doors down at least twice. I don't know how the fuck you mess it up. My neighborhood is all by the same builder and the house numbers are large, in front, and clearly visible from the street. Google maps has been correct for years too.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
That shit happened to me last year.

Ordered a build your own omelette with home fries and a croissant and some French toast from a local diner for breakfast, Uber Eats driver knocks on my door to let me know they've left the food, so I go out and bring it into the kitchen. Start unboxing it and I open a small box and I see the French toast, another box and there's regular toast? Then I open the big box containing the main meal itself and inside it...was two eggs over easy with hash browns.

And I was legit super bummed out because I'd really wanted an omelette from that place (they're a fave local joint of mine) and I'd built my omelette to be exactly how I like it but I didn't. I did complain to Uber Eats with photos about getting 95% the wrong order so I got my money back at least and I won't deny that the food was good, but it just wasn't what I'd ordered (except the French toast, ofc).

Also thought I'd gotten a wrong order again from that diner a month or so later because I was a dumbass and didn't read that their signature burger comes on rye bread and not buns, so I thought I'd accidentally got someone else's sandwich by mistake. I didn't get my money back that time (it was via Doordash and not Uber Eats) but I did get $16 credit. Felt like a dumbass when I realized that it was the damn burger I'd ordered. (In my defence, in the container, it legit looked like roast beef on the sandwich with the shadows making it harder to see the patty clearly)

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
One time I went to pick up some chinese and they told me they threw in an extra order of egg rolls, but when I looked after I got home it was just the order I ordered and paid for. And I felt cheated, because I am profoundly stupid.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I ordered Uber Eats McDs once and instead of my burger I got four drinks and four sundaes

yes I ate all four sundaes and got a refund

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This makes me think of that time I ordered 40€ worth a BK just for the delivery guy to fuck up and accidentally reporting the delivery has not being possible. Got refunded straight away and had the food as well.

I still wonder how much trouble the delivery guy got afterwards.

He didn't, unless he was doing it constnatly.

These services are typically very forgiving of that stuff provided you do another 20 delivieres without pissing people off / claiming emergencies.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's better than the time I picked up someone else's McDonald's order and didn't notice until I got home and looked inside:
EcQzAYkUcAIfjBj
EcQzAYlUMAETgY2

WHO DOES THIS

🤔
Maybe they had their own meat and just wanted the sauce and makings? Man idk, that is.. something else.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
One day I came home from work and found that someone else's pizza had accidentally been delivered to my doorstep.

The address wasn't particularly close, and it was midnight so I assumed that whoever ordered it had already long since called and gotten the error resolved... so I kept it (after checking it to make sure no bugs beat me to the punch).

Yuli Ban

Feb 1, 2021
This happened to me recently. The other way I mean.

The delivery person didn't even have a functional phone, and I don't even want to think about all the ways that doesn't work. For added laffs, I live in a kooky spot where the GPS fucks out and the old landlords cheaped out on anything that might provide useful navigation to let others know the apartment block is here. In a secluded apartment block next to a load of other, more prominent apartment blocks. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong.
I've had to manually direct 80% of the people who deliver here, but this was shockingly the only failed delivery I've ever had. Thumbs up!