• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
音Mad is pronounced as Otomad (Otto-mad), a niche genre of video game music where music artists remix familiar soundtracks ranging from TV shows to video games with soundbytes from various sources under a common theme. Another name all of you are familiar with for Otomad videos is called "Youtube Poop Music Video" or "YTPMV".

In this thread, the theme we're going for is Nintendo's Mario series as a whole.

First of all, here's a remix of Mega Man 3: Snake Man, feat Yoshi.

The sound quality oozes that feeling of Snake Man beats from the NES stage and soundtrack.

Here's another one, mixing Mario soundbytes with Kirby Air Ride, Top Ride: Grass stage.

It's very incredible how Charles Martinet's voices can make a really good soundtrack of this classic GameCube game.

Last but not least, we have this classic 音Mad, using Super Mario Land to produce the classical music melody, Offenbach - Can Can.

We got another video that remixes Kirby Super Star boss battle theme for Dyna Blade, a bird boss and a recurring character in the Kirby series.

This time, we use Mario games on the NES for some of the rhythmic beats. Kirby soundtracks are great for otomad videos.

I still think these videos are classics. So I just wanted to share my marathon binge on this deep, dark Youtube trip I just had.

And yes, never get drunk while mixing blueberry red wine and white wine.

Last edited:

FCJO

Dec 17, 2019
Haha, such crazy videos. I really liked the Yoshi and SM64 ones but they all are pretty incredible.

Also, now I know how those YouTube Poop videos are called in Japan. Thank you!

Nov 23, 2017
So otomad is like a youtube poop mv, what do Japanese people call just youtube poops?

I cant find it right now but the OoT can can is a legendary meme video, is that this?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Does this technically count since it's Shantae music?

Edit: derp, this is for only Mario. Let me post one more on topic.

Nitpicker_Red

Nov 3, 2017

I like how the deformation of voice tone and rythm sounds minimal, by using varied sounds rather than deforming the same one over and over.

First of all, here's a remix of Mega Man 3: Snake Man, feat Yoshi.

I also like when every instrument is new (not using the original song in the background as a visible clutch).
The more effectively the original material is used, the better I think.

Last edited:

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know the Falcon Funch Remix and Old Spice parodies very well, and I like a few of the ones posted in this thread, like Snake Yoshi and Super Cynthia Bros., but a lot of the really old ones, while visually impressive, can also be pretty harmful on the eyes.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I know the Falcon Funch Remix and Old Spice parodies very well, and I like a few of the ones posted in this thread, like Snake Yoshi and Super Cynthia Bros., but a lot of the really old ones, while visually impressive, can also be pretty harmful on the eyes.

Yes, you're right. Old ones tend to only have video clips of the sound sources flipped back and forth multiple times, so it's not as creative as the new ones come.

For that, I have a list of the more modern ones:

Here's one that originated from Rhythm Fever, if I were to believe.

Here's one where you have multiple sources and Yoshi soundtracks remixed with Super Mario 64 soundbytes:

And's one of my favorites:

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
I tend to prefer the ones where the clips are "singing along" to the song opposed to trying to recreate the song with sound samples, which I think sound kinda weird. Besides the Kirby Punch one (which is a classic), this is the one I think of first.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I tend to prefer the ones where the clips are "singing along" to the song opposed to trying to recreate the song with sound samples, which I think sound kinda weird.

In that case, this is one of those otomads where the clips are actually singing along to the song, and is Nintendo themed.

The original source came from a shareware application called UTAU, a Vocaloid competitor where the voice samples are not third-party licensed.

UPDATE: I was soooooo wrong on this source:

Original source is this video:

(ろん -「おちゃめ機能」FUKKIRETA 【HD.256k.Kara】)

Last edited:

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
I tend to prefer the ones where the clips are "singing along" to the song opposed to trying to recreate the song with sound samples, which I think sound kinda weird. Besides the Kirby Punch one (which is a classic), this is the one I think of first.

So fantastic.
Makes me wish Puyo Puyo was more popular stateside.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Found another nice one. It sounded very familiar somehow...

Beatmania "Lucky Vaccum", by Yoshitaka Nishimura.

And here's Mario of no return:

Last edited:

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Things like these are my shit

Using the Capcom Jojo's Fighting Game to recreate SMRPG's boss theme

using Jack Black on Sesame Street to recreate the first boss theme of Touhou: Mountain of Faith

using Terry Crews to make Super Mario Bros 3

and, the most late 2000s video i have in my favorites

using Konata from Lucky Star to make Corridors of Time from Chrono Trigger

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I just stumbled upon the greatest Mario themed otomad, that involves Queen's lead singer, Freddy Mercury

And the source video:

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
OMG! Yes, I found a cleaner version of a classic Mario themed otomad!

It's so clean, you can actually sing-a-long with the video.

It was revised 3 times (hence v3), based off of the original, v1.

Per description, the base BGM is from Cerror - Close Encounter. And it's using sound clips from the Super Mario Bros. cartoon show, episode: Oh Brother!

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the entirety of Gachi is otomad. Also not sure if any of that is allowed to be linked but i listen to a International Wrestling Festival maybe once a day lol

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA

Inspired by Mario Party 2 - Going Somewhere, on the Nintendo 64 platform.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just found out "I YTPMV EVERYTHING" channel has been shut down due to controversy.

Oh well, here's another Mario one:

Original source:

Last edited:
OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Also, just found a classic Smash Bros. 64 otomad in conjunction with Kirby.

You've seen or heard of Kirby's Falcon Punch otomad, but you proba ly never seen the Mario equivalent that was released at the same time.