• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I had those exact pills after a bone grafting surgery for a dental implant. They chipped bone off my chin and put it where the implant peg was going to go so I absolutely needed them.

I too was worried about oxy becoming addictive so I only took 1 pill at a time instead of the 2 I was recommended. During the day I was fine but I switched to 2 at night after the first night because it was not enough to sleep pain free.

I did not experience any addictive qualities, highs, withdrawals or anything like that. I didn't even end up using all 30 pills I was given to start with.

Everybody's body is different though.

It did however make me constipated. If you decide to take them, watch out for that.

My general feeling is all pain medication is bad for you so take as little as possible.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
I've had my gallbladder out and a full (larpascoptic) hysterectomy. Never took pain pills after leaving the hospital. Was prescribed ibuprofen, but never needed it. I did have morphine once during pneumonia. My left lung was taking on fluid and spasm-ing.

Everyone's body and pain tolerance is different. If you need it take it, but don't take more than you need.

perineumlick

Nov 12, 2017
You're supposed to take them for post-op pain until your treated area stops hurting.

It's when you keep taking them preemptively that it can become addictive.

Wait for the pain to come, then take one.
I did this after my knee surgery, and it was the worst decision of my life. The pain was beyond excruciating once it hit, and it took 8 hours for it to calm down. I should have taken them before the surgery meds wore off, like my doc said, but I let the pain get ahead of me; never again!

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Started taking them after ankle surgery.

Made my wife take them away from me as I liked the feeling too much.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
I was prescribed oxycodone for kidney stones a few times and after I recovered I would take them recreationally once or twice per week, looking back this probably wasn't a very good idea.

You didn't go any further, so no harm done. This is from a guy who did take it further by the way. You usually have to work on it to build a physical friendly. Like taking as much oxy that's in the OP entire script everyday for many days.

rycisko

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Pain pills do exactly as described, just don't do anything stupid like take more than you need, or mix it with alcohol.

Personally I got easily sick on them so it's never been much of an issue, but they do work. I had multiple hand surgeries from a torn tendons in a freak accident and was prescribed multiple bottles of them at high mg dosage. What was actually scary was when I went back after my refill and they asked if I wanted an entire refill again just to have the pills...I was like "um, no?" but I couldn't help but think that's where a lot of pill addiction comes from. No way did I need 120 pills of Oxy at all.

If you're in pain, just take what you need and be responsible.

Oct 30, 2017
Had something similar for a broken collarbone; I only needed a few to sleep over the first week. Used the rest recreationally.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
What was actually scary was when I went back after my refill and they asked if I wanted an entire refill again just to have the pills...I was like "um, no?" but I couldn't help but think that's where a lot of pill addiction comes from. No way did I need 120 pills of Oxy at all.
They probably asked you that because pharmacies can't dispense partial fills of Schedule II substances. If you wanted, say, 10 pills, you would've permanently forfeited the other 110 of that refill. And they don't necessarily know your pain levels or threshold either, and sometimes people really do need that many. Hence why they asked.

As for me, I only had a run-in with hydrocodone. Had dental surgery and they gave me like a 5 day supply. Took one of them that night just in case, and I saw colors everywhere. Decided not to do that again lol.