• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Seriously, what is Hasbro thinking?

Yes, I know they're going to try to make a D&D movie again, but this is better suited for TV series.

Drizzt alone has 34+ books to pull stuff from.

Oct 26, 2017
Forgotten Realms would be fairly easy to pull off. Problem is they'd milk the hell out of it.

Dragonlance...I think people have nostalgia glasses for those book. I read the first 3 and can't remember anything interesting about them.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Raistlin needs a series.

I don't care about anybody else except how they relate to Raistlin.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
True, Hasbro has been asleep at the switch with this IP for years. Unless it's a rights issue I'm surprised no one else has tried to nab them off Hasbro.

Speaking of Dragons there seems to be one multi book series that could make for a really interesting franchise that spans films and television at the same, Dragonriders Of Pern.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Raistlin needs a series.

I don't care about anybody else except how they relate to Raistlin.
I would be so scared to see how they portray him though. I never felt like any of the art on the books ever really got him right as far as how I pictured him in my head. I do feel like The Raistlin Chronicles, the Chronicles trilogy, and the Legends trilogy could be really great as a series.

Also my 13 year old self is extremely sad at the Dragonlance hate in here lol

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most DnD fiction is kind of terrible is the problem. A setting like dragon age or path of exile would have a much better base of lore and stories to pull from for a sword and sorcery fantasy show.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Dragonlance was so, so bad though. It'd probably end up like the D&D movie.

Drizzt alone has 34+ books to pull stuff from.
34+?? Seven hells, I stopped in my teens when it was at, like, 9-10.... RA Salvatore must really enjoy that paycheck, I can't imagine him not being completely tired of writing about Drizzt lol.

Dec 4, 2017
Most DnD fiction is kind of terrible is the problem. A setting like dragon age or path of exile would have a much better base of lore and stories to pull from for a sword and sorcery fantasy show.
This, sadly. Most of the stuff written in the D&D universe may be entertaining, but it's low-effort. Maybe stuff about Athas (the Dark Sun setting) could be somewhat decent (if adapted by competent screenwriters), what with its parallels to environmental destruction.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would be so scared to see how they portray him though. I never felt like any of the art on the books ever really got him right as far as how I pictured him in my head. I do feel like The Raistlin Chronicles, the Chronicles trilogy, and the Legends trilogy could be really great as a series.

I mean...I'll always love it the same way I love Wheel of Time. But, yeah, I can't read them anymore. Hahahaha

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
The Drizzt novels could work as a cartoon/anime like the Avatar series instead of taking the "mature", live action route of GoT and the Witcher series.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Dragonlance was so, so bad though. It'd probably end up like the D&D movie.

34+?? Seven hells, I stopped in my teens when it was at, like, 9-10.... RA Salvatore must really enjoy that paycheck, I can't imagine him not being completely tired of writing about Drizzt lol.
I read the first few books when I was in high school, can't believe me stories are still being produced.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Add me to the "Dragonlance is garbage" thing. The books were okayish, but as a D&D setting I wanted to murder every single Kender. Come to think of it, the books were also garbage because of Kender. "Kender are fearless! ZOMG TASSELHOFF IS SCARED" just got used so many fucking times.

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
AbleOrdinaryDogwoodclubgall-small.gif

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia

Same.