• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 42102

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Just curious if y'all got any wild scars from childhood with a story behind em lol.

CtfcOAs.jpg

Got this scar on my finger when my big sis dropped an iron on my hand.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
I'm missing a leg and I have a 33 inch scar long down my back from when they tried to rebuild my calf before my leg was amputated.
d2kozfr-7e433c63-3fa1-44b5-a2be-53792731b44f.jpg

My leg looked this for over a year before the amputation.

my_leg_injuries_now__by_lightningtremlett_d1zdvdh-fullview.jpg

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
I have an average size scar above my right eye that cuts through my eyebrow. Got 7 stitches and the scar never properly disappeared.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I have a small scar on my right hand from an alligator bite. I am a zookeeper, and in my early years I was foolishly feeding a small gator with tongs that were way too short. He sliced my hand with one tooth. It was fairly deep, but short.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Do cigarette burn scars count? Other than that, dog bite defensive scars and an expandable baton scar (obtained in the same fight as the dog bites).

Oct 27, 2017
A few years ago a couple friends and I were longboarding around town, so we decided to bomb the HUGE roller derby hill late at night. I never did any downhill longboarding before, but I had plenty of experience skateboarding in general.

Anyways, we get to the top of this hill and my friends just go for it, smooth and cool. I see them make it down in one piece. It's my turn. I got a helmet on. I kick off and start picking up speed very rapidly. Half way down the hill, my longboard trucks start wobbling, but I quickly move side-to-side and gain control of the wobble. I'm going very fast, but I think I'm going to make down in one piece.

Then out of nowhere a big rock hits my front wheel and my longboard just stops right there. I fly off and land on the asphalt, body rolling 3-4 times at least. Waist, knees, hands all bloody with road-rash. Nothing some alcohol and bandages can't fix, right? The scar on my waist ended up being a large, deep tissue, permanent mess. It's a hideous scar, but I'll always have a story to tell.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Workplace accident. I got crushed by a tracked excavator which broke of both of my shins and ankles, also had an open fracture in my left leg and degloving injury to my calf.

There is a thread about it I wrote ages ago.

Do you have a prosthetic? I remember growing up in the 80s there was a lot of talk about how even the basic ones were largely unaffordable, but I have no idea what things are like now. Sorry to use your misfortune to satisfy my own curiosity.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Well, mine might take the cake for weirdness but is perhaps not entirely work appropriate so I'll put it in spoilers.

When I was a wee lad and being circumcised the doctor messed up and almost cut the top half off. It was stitched or something and eventually healed all back together (I just couldn't wear a diaper for a few months). It works fine and all but has a thick scar that goes around the midsection of it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 42102

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Well, mine might take the cake for weirdness but is perhaps not entirely work appropriate so I'll put it in spoilers.

When I was a wee lad and being circumcised the doctor messed up and almost cut the top half off. It was stitched or something and eventually healed all back together (I just couldn't wear a diaper for a few months). It works fine and all but has a thick scar that goes around the midsection of it.

The second hand pain I got from reading this lol

OP
OP

Deleted member 42102

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
A few years ago a couple friends and I were longboarding around town, so we decided to bomb the HUGE roller derby hill late at night. I never did any downhill longboarding before, but I had plenty of experience skateboarding in general.

Anyways, we get to the top of this hill and my friends just go for it, smooth and cool. I see them make it down in one piece. It's my turn. I got a helmet on. I kick off and start picking up speed very rapidly. Half way down the hill, my longboard trucks start wobbling, but I quickly move side-to-side and gain control of the wobble. I'm going very fast, but I think I'm going to make down in one piece.

Then out of nowhere a big rock hits my front wheel and my longboard just stops right there. I fly off and land on the asphalt, body rolling 3-4 times at least. Waist, knees, hands all bloody with road-rash. Nothing some alcohol and bandages can't fix, right? The scar on my waist ended up being a large, deep tissue, permanent mess. It's a hideous scar, but I'll always have a story to tell.

Sheesh, in middle school I used to live on a huge hill and got some knock-off skateboard for christmas. Was not a great environment for beginners that's for damn sure. I wiped out a lot and got hit by a lot of parked cars.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
I have a Harry Potter size scar on my forehead from running into a door post when I was a kid and another scar under my bottom lip from biting through it when I fell in the bathtub while dancing to a Micheal Jackson song.

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
In middle school I was walking in the hallway with a pencil in my hand and got shoved, arm went up to brace against the wall and stabbed the pencil into my cheek. The scar from that is 2-3 cm long and slightly gray in color.

Oct 27, 2017
I have a large scar on my abdomen from an operation to remove a bowel blockage when I was a toddler. One of my earliest memories is of the surgeons crowding around the gurney attempting to distract me with a Mickey Mouse plush toy. The memory is only a flash so I assume they put me under.

Not terribly cool or weird but it's the only scar story I have.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017

Nightmare fuel.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I have one across my forehead from when I was a small child. My grandmother had a bunch of vinyl LPs stacked on top of her stereo and I pulled then down and one of the records sliced my forehead. I have two on my chin. One I was about 6 and was standing on the back of a recliner and my brother kicked it out from under me and I hit the coffee table's corner. The other I was a teen and wiped out on my skateboard and hit the pavement. I also have one on my knee from when I was about 8. I accidentally kneed my brother in the mouth and his tooth got lodged in my knee.

OP
OP

Deleted member 42102

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
In middle school I was walking in the hallway with a pencil in my hand and got shoved, arm went up to brace against the wall and stabbed the pencil into my cheek. The scar from that is 2-3 cm long and slightly gray in color.

giphy.gif

I have a large scar on my abdomen from an operation to remove a bowel blockage when I was a toddler. One of my earliest memories is of the surgeons crowding around the gurney attempting to distract me with a Mickey Mouse plush toy. The memory is only a flash so I assume they put me under.

Not terribly cool or weird but it's the only scar story I have.

Ha, thanks for sharing anyway. It's wild that you even remember that. They put me under when I was 10 for eye surgery and I can faintly remember the music they were playing.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I have an 'X' shaped scar where my pacemaker is. One line from the initial procedure and the second from when the battery was replaced.

OP
OP

Deleted member 42102

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
I have a scar from making apple butter.

So I had no idea what apple butter even was and googled it, looking at the recipe.. how? Did you burn yourself? If you don't mind me asking lol.

He's five years older than me and we were wrestling. I got away from him and tried to run away and his face got in the way of my knee. One of his front teeth broke and was stuck in my knee until we went to the hospital.

Ah okay this makes a lot of sense now lol. I have a similar story to how I went blind in my left for a whole summer.

maxresdefault.jpg

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
So I had no idea what apple butter even was and googled it, looking at the recipe.. how? Did you burn yourself? If you don't mind me asking lol.
I was trying to reduce it on the stove top, the sauce sputtered and landed on my forearm. The next day I had a nice blister which I barely touched and it popped. As it was healing, the scab was accidentally torn off, so now I have a nice scar :)

img_20200104_170313fsjka.jpg

I sometimes like to tell people it's a scar from a cigarette burn.

DrBillRiverman

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
England
I've got a scar on my index finger which I got from closing a pen knife on my hand.
So you know... Big brain on me.

Speaking of brain, I have a scar on the back of my head from an accident where I cracked my head on the rim of a swimming pool.

Now I got this scar as a 6 year old, so I've had it for a long time. But I used to get teased for having a "bald spot" so I became really self conscious about it.

Because of this I've kept my hair long ever since (long for most guys).

Anyway this is the explanation of why I don't have any pictures.

But I'm gonna be brave and actually get my hair cut short soon (first time in twenty years).

So I'll post a picture then.

OP
OP

Deleted member 42102

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
I've got a scar on my index finger which I got from closing a pen knife on my hand.
So you know... Big brain on me.

Speaking of brain, I have a scar on the back of my head from an accident where I cracked my head on the rim of a swimming pool.

Now I got this scar as a 6 year old, so I've had it for a long time. But I used to get teased for having a "bald spot" so I became really self conscious about it.

Because of this I've kept my hair long ever since (long for most guys).

Anyway this is the explanation of why I don't have any pictures.

But I'm gonna be brave and actually get my hair cut short soon (first time in twenty years).

So I'll post a picture then.

Funny thing about your story for me is that I have a very faint cut on my index finger because I tried to cut a pen in half with a knife.

Recently did the big chop myself, already miss my afro lol. All the power in the world to you though hope it all works out!

Nov 17, 2017
It's also have an iron scar on my hand, OP. I was a kid, fooling around the house and knocked it over onto my hand. Didn't pull my hand away quickly enough so the scar goes halfway across the back of my hand.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long straight one above my knee that started about eight inches and shrunk to half that over the decades from unfortunate run in with a Schemie (proto-chav) and almost perfectly circular, smooth one the size of a quarter from a very bad burn that burned through tendon and nerves and required a long surgery. My fingertips are so scarred from cooking and other injuries that I can't use my hands for biometrics. Have to use eyeball.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The most notable and visible scar I have is on my left index finger thanks to an accident with a wood saw. During a camping trip with my dad, I was cutting up larger pieces of fire wood. My dad asked me something and I looked up to respond while cutting, which was a very unsmart idea at the time. The saw jumped out of the cutting grove and across my finger, ripping a chunk of flesh out.

The wound was probably bad enough for stitches, but we were in the middle of forest and me not wanting to end the camping trip ended up bandaging it up at the nearest ranger station. I remember while it healed, I could feel the muscle underneath slide around. At least it healed fine.

I also have a scar on my left arm from 2nd degree sun burn. I had a massive blister and this asshole I knew from Boy Scouts decided to punch me in the arm after he found out I had sunburn. Popped the blister and I had to keep it bandaged for weeks until it finally scabbed over. It's only a minor discoloration now, but you can definitely tell the skin looks different in that area.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keloids count? I got a few of them, luckily all in places easily covered by clothing.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have one on my nose. From what I was told, when we were little my cousin dropped a light bulb and the shards cut me.

Also have one above my right inner ankle. Apparently was really sick when I was 1 or 2 and almost kicked the bucket. It remained from an operation.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
When I was a little kid, I was at some distant relative's picnic. Like my dad's cousins or something like that. They had a slip 'n slide out. I remember like 3 kids had gotten cut up on it before my, but either all the adults there were morons or they didn't get cut up that bad or in an easily identifiable way.

I go on the slip 'n slide, and the little piece of jagged pink plastic sticking up from it slices me from right under the right pec down to just about the groin. It didn't need stitches or anything, but the scar's still visible. Would always try to make up better stories about it but could never really think up anything good.

I had a perfectly circular one for most of my life from a car cigarette lighter right on the flesh between my left thumb and forefinger, but it's gone now. My dad's car had a cigarette lighter in the back doors, and I took it out and starting waving it in my sister's face pretending it was on as she was stuck in the middle seat next to me. She started freaking out and I hit her with the "Haha, just kidding!" and stuck it onto my hand. Of course, I'm a dumbass and it was heated.

Super, super glad it ended up on my hand and not my sister's face.

Namea

Dec 2, 2017
I have a small scar over my eyebrow that basically would extend the root of my nose if it were longer.
It's very thin, but I like it for nostalgic reasons. It also looks pretty stylish to me.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got a scar on my pinky finger when I cut it to the bone opening a cat food tin as a child.

giphy.gif

What happened?
I was like 2-3 years old when I was at a daycare place. I was putting on my shoes infront of a large metal door and one other kid ran straight on to me and I fell downwards on to my hand which landed at the hinge of the door. Snapped a good 5mm from the tip of my finger and snapped the bone quite badly. All I remember from that is taking my mitten off of my hand and the tip flying thru the air and a lots of blood :D

Oct 28, 2017
I've got a scar on my knee that looks like some werebeast scraped it with its claw. Got it biking down a cobblestone alleyway as a teenager, slipping off and knocking myself unconcious. Woke up in the pub at the end of the alley with all these old men asking me if I was alright. Just a minor concussion and a big scraped knee. Healed to be an alright looking scar.

Also got one on an index finger. Tried slicing open a mango, knife slipped and caught my finger, taking out a sizeable chunk.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I was like 2-3 years old when I was at a daycare place. I was putting on my shoes infront of a large metal door and one other kid ran straight on to me and I fell downwards on to my hand which landed at the hinge of the door. Snapped a good 5mm from the tip of my finger and snapped the bone quite badly. All I remember from that is taking my mitten off of my hand and the tip flying thru the air and a lots of blood :D
It's really cool in a morbid sort of way.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Got a lightning shaped scar along my left index finger after a glass jug broke in my hands when I was washing it.

There was a lot of blood and I saw some bone peeking through after the accident. Surgery resolved everything and I have full use of the finger. Hurray for the NHS