• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
It was a bit worse than I was led to believe it would be, but maybe my doctor sucked. First half was fine, but started feeling some of the procedure on the second go. He had to increase the local anesthetic, meanwhile I was so sweaty I soaked through my shirt. Very weird experience, overall. So how's your day, so far?

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, yeah, sounds like they probably just didn't use enough. I can imagine that might be uncomfortable, to say the least.

Hopefully that's the worst of it. Hang out on the couch with bags of frozen peas for a couple of days, and take it easy.

OP
OP
Jombie

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, yeah, sounds like they probably just didn't use enough. I can imagine that might be uncomfortable, to say the least.

Hopefully that's the worst of it. Hang out on the couch with bags of frozen peas for a couple of days, and take it easy.

What I'm doing now. He perceived me some hydrocodone ateast šŸ™ƒ

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017
Had mine a few weeks ago. I thought the opposite, though. It was much easier than I thought it would be. They did have to give me a little more local anesthesia at one point, but I was able to tell them I needed it before I felt anything too bad. Honestly, the worst part was more the mental part. We spend our lives anticipating pain in that region, so it was hard not to instinctively tense up at times when they were working down there.

Recovery wasn't too bad either. Took some OTC anti-inflammatory the first couple days, but didn't need to use any ice. It was about 80% healed in a week and I was able to move just fine. There was still some residual healing that took a few more weeks to get to 100%, but it wasn't bothersome.

DRock

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My doc knocked me out for it which was a much more pleasant experience.

OP
OP
Jombie

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
He showed me the vas deferens lol. First and last time I shave the flabby habby babby.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
During mine, I became erect early in the procedure and I was high on Valium.

No complaints.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I got mine last summer and I was shocked by how not-horrible it was. Between the procedure and recovery, I would say I spent no more than 10-15 minutes in total in any kind of discomfort.

StarsAreStuff

Feb 16, 2021
The needle injections of local anesthetic were the worst part. Like you, I began sweating profusely the moment the needle penetrated my sack. And they had to do it twice! Surgery was fine but I felt like I got kicked in the balls for several hours afterwards. My low abdominal area hurt so much my back started cramping. Other than that, all went well!

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
My buddy got his wife pregnant the week before his procedure. Talk about timing.

Also, Fun fact:

A vasectomy doesn't provide immediate protection against pregnancy. Use an alternative form of birth control until your doctor confirms there are no sperm in your semen. Before having unprotected sex, you'll need to wait several months or longer and ejaculate 15 to 20 times or more to clear any sperm from your semen.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
What I'm doing now. He perceived me some hydrocodone ateast šŸ™ƒ
Be careful with those lol. They could be the greatest & worst thing to happen to you. After having them prescribed to me for pain, I could totally see how people get addicted to them.

OP
OP
Jombie

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Is it weird looking down and not seeing your dick anymore?

tenor.gif

Noctilum

Nov 28, 2017
Mine took less than 10 minutes to complete. It was no-scalpel. I didn't feel much of anything.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I didn't feel much for mine - worst part was the scent of tainted bbq when they cauterized the tubes.

Also, the doctor will have told you to take it easy. Listen to him. I didn't and it sucked.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Welcome to the club! Got mine late last year and it was painful as hell due to a varicocele. Still, I've been having beautiful carefree sex with my wife for a few months now and it's glorious.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
For those that have gotten this - my doctor said it would feel like I got kicked in the balls for the few days after the procedure during recovery. Is this true?

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Had mine a few weeks ago. I thought the opposite, though. It was much easier than I thought it would be. They did have to give me a little more local anesthesia at one point, but I was able to tell them I needed it before I felt anything too bad. Honestly, the worst part was more the mental part. We spend our lives anticipating pain in that region, so it was hard not to instinctively tense up at times when they were working down there.

Recovery wasn't too bad either. Took some OTC anti-inflammatory the first couple days, but didn't need to use any ice. It was about 80% healed in a week and I was able to move just fine. There was still some residual healing that took a few more weeks to get to 100%, but it wasn't bothersome.

I would like to have that story mine is a little worse then that.Got mine 2 month ago, I still have some pain because my nerves got affect badly... I even went on a depression because the pain was too intense. Now it got a little better, but i stil have day that still hurt (like this morning). I really hope my pain will complety dissapear, but i think I'm on the right way.

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017
For those that have gotten this - my doctor said it would feel like I got kicked in the balls for the few days after the procedure during recovery. Is this true?

Not that bad, at least in my experience. If you move just the wrong way, you may get a less intense version of that feeling. You'll get a feel for which ways of sitting or moving bother it pretty fast. Wearing a supporter for the first few days helps, but you've got to get things situated in there just right

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017
I would like to have that story mine is a little worse then that.Got mine 2 month ago, I still have some pain because my nerves got affect badly... I even went on a depression because the pain was too intense. Now it got a little better, but i stil have day that still hurt (like this morning). I really hope my pain will complety dissapear, but i think I'm on the right way.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it'll work itself out over time. There's definitely a few people that have rougher experiences than other. I feel lucky mine went well

Michilin

Nov 14, 2017
Mine was really chill, got a full anesthesia so I slept through the procedure and had mild pain for like 2 days, got operated on a Saturday and on Monday was already back at work

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017

Well it wasn't a constant pain, but yes, for a couple of days, there were brief moments that reminded me of that time in Little League when I took a grounder in the nuts, and wasn't wearing my cup.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I hope you got it on video to show all your friends and family. There are no downsides to that idea.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Feb 25, 2018
Mine was pretty easy. Don't do anything physical for the next few days though, because it can lead to inflammation.

Oct 30, 2017
I had one at 25 and it was a very simple and generally pain-free procedure. I got plenty of shots in my balls to completely numb the area and I was at work the next day. Just needed some ibuprofen and ice for a little bit. Haven't regretted it. Sounds like they didn't numb you enough. You shouldn't feel anything but maybe a brief tug.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
That's a little scary, we really need a less invasive solution, like pills or something. I hate having anything surgical done even if it was minor.

honavery

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I had one just last Friday. Procedure was fine, no pain really. It was weird, but Valium helped with that.
Took it very easy over the weekend. Feeling more normal today. Pretty big jump from how I was feeling Sunday till today.
Not much pain overall just tenderness and trying to be careful.
Doctor said I could maybe start working out again tomorrow but I will probably just take a couple of weeks off to play it safe.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Should have gone to Dr. Snip. The man is an artist.

No needles, no scalpel, no stitches.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Nice, OP. Wish more people would consider the procedure. Not sure why some people are so threatened by the idea of one. Fragile ego I guess.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Feel like I got off lightly. It was in and out in 20 minutes on a Friday and then I went and picked up my son from school. Apart from a dull ache on and off for a week it was all pretty painless tbh.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
somewhat off-topic but I have to get a penile biopsy tomorrow and I am fucking dreading local anesthetic down there, I hate that shit so much

The doc said it will hurt much less than a bee sting but I don't want a bee sting on my junk either

Jellycrackers

Oct 25, 2017
It was a bit worse than I was led to believe it would be, but maybe my doctor sucked. First half was fine, but started feeling some of the procedure on the second go. He had to increase the local anesthetic, meanwhile I was so sweaty I soaked through my shirt. Very weird experience, overall. So how's your day, so far?

Hey! Glad you got it over with. It'll just get better.

I got mine on Feb 3rd, and I was also sweating up a storm the whole time. I was barely holding it together, never had any surgery or intense medical procedure before, so having to do the whole thing while awake was mentally freaking me out. Thankfully I held it together until I got back into the car with my wife to drive me home... Then I had a full-on panic attack and passed out in the car haha. My hands got cold and kinda seized up, I hyperventilated and passed out, and I came right to the edge of vomiting, but managed to hold it back.

Once I slept for a couple hours, I was mostly okay. Just be careful for a couple weeks for real. I had little pains, sensitivity, and occasional throbbing for about 2 weeks, which was longer than I expected. But I'm totally back to normal now. You'll get there soon!

I had one just last Friday. Procedure was fine, no pain really. It was weird, but Valium helped with that.
Took it very easy over the weekend. Feeling more normal today. Pretty big jump from how I was feeling Sunday till today.
Not much pain overall just tenderness and trying to be careful.
Doctor said I could maybe start working out again tomorrow but I will probably just take a couple of weeks off to play it safe.

It's funny how different doctors can be... mine never offered me Valium, which I would have jumped right on. As you can see from the story above, my anxiety is killer. My doctor also said 10 days for working out, which sucked.