• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
raw

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
Get the "light" version next time, it tastes just as good as had a bit more protein. I make spam musubi for get togethers. It's the perfect snack. It's just bad news when I'm stuck with a dozen to myself...

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
Doing it up with some eggs is always solid, slicing it thin like chips and making it all crispy is delicious!

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love pan fried spam. Fried spam and egg sandwhich or fried rice. Eating it out the can always tastes odd to me.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
kimchi fried rice, musubi, or just plain pan fried with a bit of oil.

if you don't like spam and you're not vegan or vegetarian, you're missing out tbh.

that being said, i'm a huge fan of salt and i would recommend getting the low sodium version.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I like to slice it thin and fry it in a tiny amount of oil so it's a little bit chewy and has a slightly crisp edge. I called it "poverty bacon".

But yes, eggs and rice are both good flavour matches for Spam, as many have said.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Slice it. Pan fry it. Then fry an egg. Then prep up a bowl of spicy ramen noodles. Put bits of tastefully burnt protein on top of the ramen.

Enjoy! (sriracha and green onions optional)

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
OP
I need you to listen here.

Slice it THIN
Fry it until it's CRISPY

cook two eggs over easy
Eat with white rice or toast.

Thank me later

I've never had spam but this sounds ideal

was already thinking I should have gotten some to try last time I was at the store...

EDIT:
If you have any King's Hawaiian rolls, fry up a slice of spam and put it in a roll with some kewpie mayo, good to go

...ok now I'm just taking notes

my only problem: I think I'd end up getting some at Costco, so... I better like it cause I'm gonna be eating spam for a while

Last edited:

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
I haven't had Spam in many years. I was under the assumption that it was the Devil's breakfast, but now I am intrigued! I am also easily swayed.

I shall purchase a measure of Spam this very weekend and try it for myself with one of the recipes contained within this thread.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
Spamburgers are great. Cut it the long way so you have 8 american cheese sized slices and pan fry. Top with all the toppings.

You can also cube it up, toss it with some seasonings, and pan fry that for breakfast burrito fillings.

Lastly, you can make what got me into Spam:

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Spam Fritters. If you feel really fancy break up the spam with some black pudding and having Spam and Black Pudding Fritters.

The very finest of English cuisine.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Easiest thing is breakfast sandwich. Slice some, pan sear them and make some eggs as well for your sandwich

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
I haven't had Spam in many years. I was under the assumption that it was the Devil's breakfast, but now I am intrigued! I am also easily swayed.

I shall purchase a measure of Spam this very weekend and try it for myself with one of the recipes contained within this thread.

Well, a week late, but I have completed my experiment with Spam.

I've come to the conclusion that it's not for me. Frying it well made it edible, but in reality anything done to it seems to be an exercise in hiding the flavour of it. I still have a can left (I bought 2) so I'll eat that, but I can think of nicer canned food products that I'd rather have in the pantry for the apocolypse or laundry day. Just checking the nutritional information on the first can of canned hotdogs I found showed a similar protein level, with less fat, less saturated fats and less sodium and I'd much rather those than Spam and I can heat them in the microwave.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Toss it in an outdoor fire and run for cover as it explodes all over the place. That's what my mom did at a camp back in the day when the previous camp bought too much spam. 🤣

As she has said depending on how it lands on the fire will determine whether the can or the spam shoots out so def watch out. lol

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Well, a week late, but I have completed my experiment with Spam.

I've come to the conclusion that it's not for me. Frying it well made it edible, but in reality anything done to it seems to be an exercise in hiding the flavour of it. I still have a can left (I bought 2) so I'll eat that, but I can think of nicer canned food products that I'd rather have in the pantry for the apocolypse or laundry day. Just checking the nutritional information on the first can of canned hotdogs I found showed a similar protein level, with less fat, less saturated fats and less sodium and I'd much rather those than Spam and I can heat them in the microwave.
Appreciate the update OP, this brings this adventure to a close.

now then; how does one sass up a can of hot dogs?

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
Appreciate the update OP, this brings this adventure to a close.

now then; how does one sass up a can of hot dogs?
I'm not the OP - just a person inspired to try Spam again from this thread. Alas, it was not the culinary delight I had hoped.

As for the hot dogs, they need little sass. Just heat them up and eat them as God intended, in soft while buns with condiments of your choosing or just on their own, naked and ashamed on a plate with some dipping sauce.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
So did you ever end up trying it, ElectricBlanketFire ? Thoughts??

Thank you for asking!

Yes, I did try it. The first thing I did was simply fry up a couple of slices in butter. It tasted...fine. Kind of like a more bland sausage patty?

The next day my wife made ramen and cubed some up in a mix of other ingredients. Again, pretty good but nothing amazing or anything.

It was more or less what I expected. I'd be interested in trying other varieties or the spam musubi.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Thank you for asking!

Yes, I did try it. The first thing I did was simply fry up a couple of slices in butter. It tasted...fine. Kind of like a more bland sausage patty?

The next day my wife made ramen and cubed some up in a mix of other ingredients. Again, pretty good but nothing amazing or anything.

It was more or less what I expected. I'd be interested in trying other varieties or the spam musubi.
I honestly don't even use butter. Straight into the pan. Spam-musubi is definitely the best possible use of spam, if you can make it properly.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
Spam gets a bad rap which is kinda lame, but dude... if you fry it up and dice it and put it in some scrambled eggs with some spice it's really good.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I enjoyed my Spam in an Omelette.

Does anyone know how to actually get the whole thing out of the tin btw?