• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
If you have any King's Hawaiian rolls, fry up a slice of spam and put it in a roll with some kewpie mayo, good to go

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
tumblr_n12dbuEkj91qggczbo3_250.gif
giphy.gif

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never had spam, I always have corned beef instead.

My favourite way to eat it is to fry it up in a pan with onions, green pepper, garlic, chilli peppers, potatoes, and some black pepper and lime juice. Served on rice or with roti.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Slice it, fry it, and then coat it in Maangchi's dubu jorim braise (add some cornstarch to thicken and reduce the salt to account for the Spam's saltiness). Serve over rice.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
It's salty, so something like rice is a good recommendation.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
This. I've been taking them with me to work for breakfast or dinner a lot lately. This is the video I watched for how to make it. I bought the same little musubi mold from Amazon.

I use lite or low-sodium spam and don't use furikake. Rice, fried egg, spam, seaweed wrapped around it, and then I like a dab of polynesian sauce on the top when I'm ready to eat it.

They are super-simple to make and tasty.

Guarenz

Oct 27, 2017
Guam
Half the can fried up with some white rice. The next morning, used the leftovers to make some spam fried rice.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
Spam tears the living guts right out of me. Last time I had it I spent my 12 hout rest period wanting the release of death on the can. The epiosdes stopped about an hour before my shift started.

Spam is a toxin that should be removed by professionals.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Echoing slice-and-fry and eat with steamed rice.

I like to add gochujang as well, but aforementioned teriyaki is a very good and more traditional choice.

Zeshile

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
Kansas
I have two options for you:

Step 1: Carry the spam

Step 2: Walk to your trash can

Step 3: Throw it away

Step 4: immediately remove your trashcan from the area and call a professional for removal of a toxic substance.

Or:

My wife likes it sliced real thin and fried with some seasonings. She also likes it as a sandwich but cooked in a similar way.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Cut it in thin slices and cook them until crispy in a pan like bacon. Little bit of American cheese and a squirt of brown mustard and it's a nice, if salty as fuck, sandwich.

Also goes good with eggs as a ham/bacon replacement in the same manner.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
My first experience with spam was microwaving a slice of it. Maybe I wasnt supposed to do that or something but it literally tasted like poison. It also got super tough. Never touched spam again.

..........what?

rezn0r

Oct 25, 2017
I've never had it, I'm of no use, but I did not long ago see a recipe online (with pics) for Spam tacos and they looked awesome. If you don't know what to do, Google Spam tacos. edit: I just did and if you do try searching "spam tacos -spam.com" without the quotes

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Egg and spam
Egg, bacon and spam
Egg, bacon, sausage and spam.
Spam, bacon, sausage and spam.
Spam, egg, spam, spam, bacon and spam.
Spam, sausage, spam, spam, spam, bacon, spam tomato and spam.
Spam, spam, spam, egg and spam.
Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans, spam, spam, spam and spam.

Or Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a mornay sauce served in a provençale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pâté, brandy and a fried egg on top and spam.

Geeko

Oct 27, 2017
San Jose, CA
Spam musubi is spam in ultra instinct form. Otherwise, just fry the little fucker till it's crispy and eat it like an animal.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
OP I'm going to assume you don't have kimchi or seaweed handy. Here's a super easy, delicious fried rice

Chop up the spam into small ish squares. Maybe only half or a quarter of the spam.
Put some oil in the pan with garlic. Get it fragrant. Add some chili flakes
Toss in the spam until crispy
Toss in rice, add a little salt and a LOT of pepper.
Mix it around and fry it up until rice is hot and cooked through with flavor
Make a hole in the middle and add two beaten eggs
Mix the eggs around in the hole until it's about 80% cooked
Mix the rice and eggs together until eggs are all cooked. Bomb ass fried rice

JaY P.

Oct 27, 2017
Paradise
Make a spam moco, like a loco moco, but with spam instead of hamburger. Scoop of rice, 2 slices of fried spam, 2 sunny side up eggs, and pour gravy all over. Crack the yolk and mix it into the gravy and you're in business. Thank me later.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Make some garlic rice, fry up some slices and sunny side up eggs. There's your breakfast.

Locomoco is also where it's at.

Make a spam moco, like a loco moco, but with spam instead of hamburger. Scoop of rice, 2 slices of fried spam, 2 sunny side up eggs, and pour gravy all over. Crack the yolk and mix it into the gravy and you're in business. Thank me later.

giphy.gif