• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 8, 2017
I'd also recommend each of the PSVR demo discs which you can download from the PS store. There are three of them with much of the same content shared between all three but there are some games only on a specific disc. These links go to the US store but should I think it will redirect you if that's not your region. Also check out the demos for PSVR. https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-PSVRFREEG/1

PlayStation VR Demo Collection 3

PlayStation®VR is not for use by children under age 12. PlayStation®VR and PlayStation®Camera are required. DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller required for some PlayStation®VR demo games. VR Games may cause some players to experience motion sickness. This PlayStation®VR demo sampler includes...

PlayStation VR Demo Disc 2

This PlayStation®VR demo sampler includes demos of gaming content spanning across a wide variety of diverse genres. brbrHere’s what you getbr• Battlezone Rebellionbr• Dino Frontier Uber Entertainmentbr• Eve Valkyrie CCP Games br• Fantastic Contraption Radial Gamesbr• Job Simulator Owlchemy Labs...

Dec 4, 2017
IIRC a member made a PS4 game called Viva Ex Vivo (V.E.V.) about a small euglena-like creature that lives inside other creatures. It has a VR version.

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing recommendationa for Job Simulator and Surgeon Simulator. Of the two, which is more fun?

Also, how's Concrete Genie??

Oh and OP, go download the VR demo for Ace Combat 7. I can't speak for the whole game without the VR levels, but the VR demo is AWESOME. (I don't recall if it's necessary but you might need a JP PSN account.)

Last edited:

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Tetris Effect is an absolute must have and one of the best games of the generation.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I have a ton of games for PSVR, and I would say my top 3 (in no order) are Moss, RE7 and Astro Bot: Rescue Mission.

PlayStation VR Worlds gets an honorable mention for being what sold me on the hardware. Scavenger's Odyssey had me pining for a Metroid in VR, the London Heist had me feeling like I was in an action movie, and Ocean Descent (the shark attack) blew me away.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Just seen this thread thanks to the bump, but I'd agree with the poster above me. Moss is great. Absolutely worth checking out.

Agent Matt

Oct 31, 2017
My favorite PSVR game is Trackmania Turbo. The VR mode is a series of time trials where the race tracks are sort of like giant roller coasters. So you do crazy stuff like driving upside down, driving up skyscraper-sized quarterpipes, and taking massive jumps. No other VR game comes close for me fun-factor wise. It's got like 40 tracks, so it's a pretty decent chunk of content.

My second favorite PSVR game is Skyrim. It feels like the holy grail of VR to me - a giant world to explore with deep underground dungeons, snowy mountain tops, cities filled with people. It's epic. Tons of simple things that would be unremarkable in non-VR become novel in VR - like casting a healing spell and seeing the magic energy swirling around your body.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
What VR demos on the US PSN store are worth downloading?
There should be Demo Disc 1, 2 and 3 on the store. They contain multiple demos each with IIRC some being exclusive to a certain disc. A couple of short but pretty sweet tech demos are Spider-Man: Far From Home and The Last Guardian. Make sure you also grab The Playroom VR which contains some short free games. Some of them might be multiplayer-exclusive though.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
Got that same pack on Black Friday, aside from Wipeout, Astrobot and some Skyrim I've been enjoying Race the Sun a lot, a game you may already have if you've been a PS plus subscriber for a while.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
If you have moves, I would throw in Wipeout. If you did have them, I'd say beat saber and space pirate trainer.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
My top 20 :)

1. Wipeout VR
2. Astro Bot
3. Resi 7
4. Borderlands 2 VR + DLC campaigns
5. Beat Saber
6. Blood & Truth
7. REZ Infinite
8. The Persistence
9. Moss
10. Ghost Giant
11. Statik
12. Superhot
13. Tetris Effect
14. Dirt Rally
15. Trover saves the Universe
16. Thumper
17. Polybius
18. Until Dawn - Rush of Blood
19. Xing - The Land Beyond
20. Accounting +

And there are some popular games which I haven't played like Skyrim VR, Sairento, Firewall, Red Matter etc...

Last edited:

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
GT Sport. It just sucks that you have to play (grind) to unlock the tracks

BaldwinAce

Oct 28, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
I've had more fun playing Arizona Sunshine with a friend than with a lot of the more recent games (with or whitout a VR headset), so I would suggest this. Expect to laugh. A lot. Superhot is great fun too, so is Skyrim as a archer. Beat Saber is obviously great if you're in the mood for a rhythm game.

Other than that I honestly was a bit letdown by the VR. I feel like the potential for a great adventure single player experience ala Skyrim hasn't even been tapped into so far. Ported games like Skyrim and No Man sky are cool but you can tell they wern't meant for VR in the first place. The resolution, it's textures, the pop-ins, hopefuly the PS5 will bring much needed improvements over to the headset.

So far I'm still waiting for that one game that will have me go wow and get me to comeback over and over again. If I had one thing to say to developers, it would be to drop the realistic graphics/artstyle and go for a more cartoony artstyle with smooth performence, textures and a good enough resolution for it to not look blurry as all heck. No need for all the bells and whistles. Make it a adventure/action game with physic based combat and see them sells go through the roof.

Last edited:

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
I can't believe that no one has mentioned TO THE TOP. That's easily one of the best VR games out there and so fun with two move controllers.

It's a climbing game where you just fling yourself around these incredible obstacle courses, making huge leaps and grabbing ledges. Pretty good amount of content and challenge.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
without moves : wipeout (the absolute must have), astrobot, polybius
with moves : beat saber (the absolute must have), skyrim vr (archer), blood & truth, BoxVR (if u need to exercise), Superhot vr

Oct 31, 2017
Statik, Moss, Thumper, SuperHot VR, Surgeon Simulator, I expect you to die (very short but fun), Farpoint (only with the AIM, without is bad... but with its super arcade fun!)

Astrobot is the gotg anyway. I still hope for an expansion... or a sequel!

VR Worlds is terrible.

Oh dont forget "No Man Sky" has a free VR update, that makes it incredible in VR. Its inbeliavable that they managed on a PS4 to make it run...

And get 2 moves if you dont have them, some of the best games need it.

I have a demo of Statik I need to get to.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not the OP but thanks for all the suggestions. My partner got me the blood and truth VR bundle for Christmas. Hooked it up and played the demos last night. Punched my TV while playing super hot 😂. Astrobot is crazy. I am having issues with nausea though. Hopefully I settle in.

I was hesitant to invest in VR but even in this short time it's been a revelation. Feel like I just got a new console.

BaldwinAce

Oct 28, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Not the OP but thanks for all the suggestions. My partner got me the blood and truth VR bundle for Christmas. Hooked it up and played the demos last night. Punched my TV while playing super hot 😂. Astrobot is crazy. I am having issues with nausea though. Hopefully I settle in.

I was hesitant to invest in VR but even in this short time it's been a revelation. Feel like I just got a new console.
It sounds silly but crystalized gingers "candy" helped me through the nausea of the VR a lot. Give it a try, there's some in every convenience or grocery stores around you I'm sure. I chew some while playing for some time and I don't feel nauseated anymore.

Fafalada

Oct 27, 2017
I am terrible at rating on a single metric plus people already listed a ton of stuff, so here's sorted-ranking for completely arbitrary categories instead:

Best VR implementation:
- Astro Bot
- Dino Frontier
- Moss
- The Persistence
- Diner Duo/Playroom VR (really a callout to wealth of asymmetric VR/flat gameplay options that need to get more love in the future)

Best use of VR
- Beat Saber
- Super Hot
- Farpoint* (*When using PS Aim controller)
- Astro Bot
- Statik

Best Visuals/Presentation(Really just production values in most cases)
- Astro Bot
- WipeOut
- Ace Combat
- Blood & Truth
- Resident Evil 7

Best gameplay (VR exclusives)
- Super Hot
- Astro Bot
- The Persistence
- In Death
- Dino Frontier

Best 'traditional' gameplay
- Borderlands 2
- Tetris Effect
- Resident Evil 7
- Rez
- Skyrim

Best Conversions (for flat/VR hybrids)
- Resident Evil 7
- Wipeout
- Skyrim
- GT Sport
- BattleZone

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It sounds silly but crystalized gingers "candy" helped me through the nausea of the VR a lot. Give it a try, there's some in every convenience or grocery stores around you I'm sure. I chew some while playing for some time and I don't feel nauseated anymore.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually love those candies and have plenty in the house. Would of never thought to use them for nausea.