• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
This woman got too much crap, although I would've been way too embarrassed to advertise to the world that I'd done that. The false suing story really did her dirty though. Really nice of her to donate the money.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha where are the assholes at who think she was doing all this just for the monies.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
You redeemed yourself girl.

swear-cry.gif

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
I don't understand how this is her redeeming herself it's just 20k. "Road to redemption????" She didn't steal anything. She didn't swindle anyone, she didn't grift anyone. She didn't know she'd get help for free. Y'all couldn't just let her have the money? Influencers get paid more to fart in a jar.

she provided so many shitty news outlets with clicks. So many people started making accounts just to provide updates on gorilla glue girl and got millions of likes per video on tiktok. She singlehandedly made TMZ a trusted source amongst gen z... and y'all can't let her have $20k.

It all reeks of something...

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how this is her redeeming herself it's just 20k. "Road to redemption????" She didn't steal anything. She didn't swindle anyone, she didn't grift anyone. She didn't know she'd get help for free. Y'all couldn't just let her have the money? Influencers get paid more to fart in a jar.

she provided so many shitty news outlets with clicks. So many people started making accounts just to provide updates on gorilla glue girl and got millions of likes per video on tiktok. She singlehandedly made TMZ a trusted source amongst gen z... and y'all can't let her have $20k.

Go on?

Oct 31, 2017
I also don't see why she couldn't or shouldn't have kept the money.

Nice of her to pay it forward but she was given that money & I don't understand why anyone would feel any kind of way about her keeping it

ppl make gofundme's everyday, b

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering how people were talking about her on supposedly 'friendly' place like Resetera. It says 'I've been getting death threats' pretty loudly to me.
For real. The shit from the other day was wild. Nobody can tell me they've never made a real dumb-ass decision that had some bad consequences to it. Doesn't mean she deserved to suffer or anything like that. People were so mean in that thread. Accusing her of doing it all for a money grift. Like goddamn.

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
Good move and respect to her. I was skeptical in the beginning that we were making a minor celebrity out of someone for doing something stupid.

Oct 25, 2017

Right. I don't get the "redemption" posts either.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
She should keep the money. It's just 23k and she didn't lie to anyone.

Credit it to what she's owed in reperations.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
Really glad this turned as well as could be expected for her because I've been trying hard not to laugh at this shit for a week and now I can let it out.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's really nice of her! Glad it ends well.

So the tally is - kept most of her hair, procedure was free, got more social media attention, got around 15x in donations, and now is donating that money to help out families.

All comes out well if not outright beneficial.

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
Glad she's okay and that she's making charitable moves to show that she's not some horrible person like she was being made out to be. I'd be tempted to keep it, especially with 5 kids.

I still ugly laugh at "Fif-teen times!"

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Is she still planning on suing Gorilla Glue?
She was never going to sue them. That was a lie reported as fact. And because she is a black women, everyone believed it and demonize her.

Yet a couple of thread over, people were defending a 20 man who was killed in a "prank" that involve him welding butchers knife and adults and kids for a shock video. The amount of pity they showed for a man terrorizing people for luz verse this women is sickening.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast

I'm still wondering why people are confused about the original incident. She used a spray hair product with glue in the name. When she ran out, she tried another spray bottle with glue in the name. From the start it's seemed like an honest mistake.

I wish she'd keep the money for her and her kids. Like:

"I go in the bathroom and cry because I didn't want my children to see me crying," she told Big Boy TV. "And I was talking to my [three] little girls … and I talk to them every day, telling them, 'Hey when you go to school, if somebody says something, laugh it off and keep going.'"

She is probably doing this for her kids so the media reports are better and they don't have to deal with the shit she just went through. It's real fucking gross that she essentially has to bribe the media to change their reporting so others can calm down in their wack accusations and judgment.

She said the incident caused her to lose weight. "Another reason I'm wearing all these big clothes—I lost like 10, 15 pounds. It was [a lot of stress]. I knew it was gonna be some people saying that I was stupid." She also said she originally posted her videos online because she "didn't know what else to do" and "knew somebody was going to try to help me."

She did what was necessary to survive at every step, but damn I hope she buys more than just a wig before donating. She deserves so much more respect than what most people have been giving her.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
She's a better person than me.

If that were me, and the character attacks started coming in out of nowhere, I probably would've spent it out of spite.

Almost everything that happened to her after the initial video was fucked up.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
She was silly in using the glue in the first place. She's a grown ass woman not a 6 year old. But the surgery and donation is a happy ending.

And let us never speak of this again.
I don't think you need a redemption from being silly. Her donating money doesn't make the initial situation any more or less silly, it's just a conscientious thing to do. Her being silly also doesn't harm anyone else or mean that she's not actually looking for the solution - there are a lot off worse things that you can be than silly, like being belligerent about the solutions to your problems, or abusive, and so on.

Last edited:

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Good for her. :) I'm so glad this worked out, and she gets to use the money towards more good.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
SHE HAS A FAMILY!????? Wow. Everyone harassing her about the money... jealous fucking assholes.
The cherry on top is that you know good and well the majority of that money came from black people trying to take care of her, because the wider public at large sure as shit wasn't going to. So the nerve of people to come in and tell her how she should spent it.

Again, she should've kept it.

Can SOME RICH WHITE BRO STEP IN AND GIFT HER $20k IN PRIVATE PLEASE.
Your hope is adorable.

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.

This is why I didn't talk about this story. Everyone thinks they are justified in being shitty to this girl because she did something stupid. We all do stupid stuff.