• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That's a false equivalency, both words have a very different history and connotations socially

As far as social connotations as an insult no they actually mean the same thing. Both generally mean someone who is rude, selfish, unpleasant, etc.

In this sense "cunt" is actually a less gendered insult than "pussy" which is used to insult someone for being stereotypically feminine.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like all you need to say is that this shit wouldn't fly in 2019, and shouldn't have flown earlier.

Getting mad that people are "digging things up" is ridiculous. This shit's available, people are gonna see it, and someone's gonna find it creepy.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
By that logic so is calling someone a "dick". There's certainly no such uproar when someone uses that to insult another.

Because women and men aren't treated the same way by society? It's the same reason why if you call a woman a bitch in the United States it can be considered a gendered slur depending on the context. Depending where you are, the word cunt can be used as bludgeon to shock people. Dick doesn't have that same connotation.

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
As far as social connotations as an insult no they actually mean the same thing. Both generally mean someone who is rude, selfish, unpleasant, etc.

In this sense "cunt" is actually a less gendered insult than "pussy" which is used to insult someone for being stereotypically feminine.
Both pussy and cunt have baggage, dick does not

Regardless, we are way off topic at this point

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
It's mostly because it's used as a gendered insult in the US. And the word does literally mean vagina.
Thinking about it, insults/words tend to be used as gendered insults in US and they haven't moved past that. Cunt/Twat/Dick/Knobhead/Bellend, etc are used freely in other places and not specifically aimed at one gender.

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
User warned: derogatory language, antagonizing others over concerns of sexism
Sofia had a show in Univision where the whole point of the show was to sexualize her. Just wait till all the SJW find out about that one. The Standards have changed. We are judging everything again and in most cases this scenarios didn't offend the person. I'm honestly sick and tired about this push from the "internet" to force me to be outraged. Go watch Eddie Murphy's comedy shows from the 80s and cry about how he talks about gay people. Come on people. Grow up.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Sofia had a show in Univision where the whole point of the show was to sexualize her. Just wait till all the SJW find out about that one. The Standards have changed. We are judging everything again and in most cases this scenarios didn't offend the person. I'm honestly sick and tired about this push from the "internet" to force me to be outraged. Go watch Eddie Murphy's comedy shows from the 80s and cry about how he talks about gay people. Come on people. Grow up.

maybe that's something you should do if you're "sick and tired" over this. it'll probably cheer you up

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I feel like all you need to say is that this shit wouldn't fly in 2019, and shouldn't have flown earlier.

Getting mad that people are "digging things up" is ridiculous. This shit's available, people are gonna see it, and someone's gonna find it creepy.
Lol people are acting like somebody broke into his home and stole this video from a fucking vault.

This shit wasn't acceptable back then either, which is why you see her reacting negatively and the audience groaning. The only difference is that there are actual consequences now.

People whining about shit being exposed are showing their asses.

Oct 28, 2017
Not a good look, but its been 8 years and standards have changed. This feels like apology territory if Sofia would want it, not outrage/digital crucificion territory.
Bans over posts like this really show how this place moderates gender/sex-based issues far more aggressively and differently than race-based issues.

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
maybe that's something you should do if you're "sick and tired" over this. it'll probably cheer you up

There are real pieces of shit out there who deserve to be shamed. The mob taking the roles of judge, jury and executioner is not something I want to be a part of. Microalyzing every action a person has ever taken, and then calling them assholes, creeps, sexual predators diminishes the weight of those words when they are applied to every male celebrity for "any" interaction they had with women.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
There are real pieces of shit out there who deserve to be shamed. The mob taking the roles of judge, jury and executioner is not something I want to be a part of. Microalyzing every action a person has ever taken, and then calling them assholes, creeps, sexual predators diminishes the weight of those words when they are applied to every male celebrity for "any" interaction they had with women.

ok? don't be a part of whatever it is you think is happening. i too will keep all the male celebrities in my prayers because they apparently need them. like idris elba.

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
User Warned: Inappropriate commentary and stereotyping
Sofia Vegara's whole schtick is being sexualized. She doesn't have much talent past her beauty as probably she would attest to.

Never want to see a woman in an uncomfortable position such as this, being touched in any manner, but this Ramsay fellow has always come off as a pompous prick. Doubt anything comes from it.

Deleted member 34385

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 26, 2017
She was very sick and helping at my parents pub (you could not say no to that woman)
It was a normal UK pub, nothing special no silly prices.
He ordered food and when he found out the pie wasn't homemade (nothing said it was) he summoned her to his table and went batshit at her trying to show off.
She as not signed up for some TV show she was just trying to keep busy and the guy went insane like he was entitled to somehow.

She gave as good as she got, as was her way but it's just pathetic he feels that this is a valid response to another human being
Jezus christ wat a piece of sht. Huge a hole

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
When we see someone being sexually harassed it's important that we ignore that sexual harassment because unless the target of the sexual harassment thinks the sexual harassment is indeed sexual harassment then it's not really sexual harassment.

Of course once the victim of sexual harassment comes out and says they were sexually harassed it's important that we insist it probably wasn't sexual harassment, it's really no big deal and they should just get over it because the most important thing of all is to ensure is that the victim is screwed over no matter what and that we don't ruin the lives of those poor, poor perpetrators of sexual harassment.

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
When we see someone being sexually harassed it's important that we ignore that sexual harassment because unless the target of the sexual harassment thinks the sexual harassment is indeed sexual harassment then it's not really sexual harassment.

Of course once the victim of sexual harassment comes out and says they were sexually harassed it's important that we insist it was sexual harassment, it's really no big deal and they should just get over it because the most important thing of all is to ensure is that the victim is screwed over no matter what and that we don't ruin the lives of those poor, poor perpetrators of sexual harassment.
Don't forget the crucifixion of celebrities by reposting things that happened in public in the past

The real issues