• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The end goal of attacking trans rights has always been to divide and weaken the LGBT+ coalition as a whole. Rowling is complicit.

At most I'd expect her to distance herself from this to try and score some last, desperate woke points, but at this point, with the mask off, who knows?

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
The end goal of attacking trans rights has always been to divide and weaken the LGBT+ coalition as a whole. Rowling is complicit.

At most I'd expect her to distance herself from this to try and score some last, desperate woke points, but at this point, with the mask off, who knows?

She already doubled down on her own website. Even if she backed out now, nobody would take that seriously.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even understand the argument Terfs make. Their idea is that women need equality more than trans women or something right? Why the hell can't we have both? There's no one or the other, we can make the world a better place for everyone.

sweetie

Alt account
Banned
May 19, 2020
I reeeeeally hope she sees this and realizes what sort of people she's associated herself with. She should be beyond ashamed.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yay my state :|
Lankford's the type of dude who would've banned people from reading HP books so this is especially obnoxious.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
The guy quoting her is the same type of politician who would listen to her abuse stories and say some shit like "Why did you wait so long? You should have gone to the police."

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
Embraced in ideology by the same people who would call her stories devil-books and pull them from schools. 100% basura.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even understand the argument Terfs make. Their idea is that women need equality more than trans women or something right? Why the hell can't we have both? There's no one or the other, we can make the world a better place for everyone.

Because it's not a real argument. It's an attempt to trick moderates with a classic divide and conquer.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Meanwhile people praise Bill Burr as "good people" in another thread despite being another comedian who's helped to normalise transphobic sentiment and rhetoric.

People that make and perpetuate trans identities as a joke make their audience more receptive and/or passive to manifestos like JK's. For some reason male comedians always get the hand-wave here in this regard. Shouldn't take it getting as far as it did with this manifesto bullshit to be condemned. It does damage far before that point.

Last edited:

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
The guy quoting her is the same type of politician who would listen to her abuse stories and say some shit like "Why did you wait so long? You should have gone to the police."
Between this guy and Ben 'not wanting women who have abortions to receive the death sentence is an extreme leftist position' Shapiro, JK is in good company.

OP
OP
Xaszatm

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just gonna bump this for no real reason other than to emphasize that Trans Rights are Human Rights and fuck JK Rowling.

Sep 14, 2019
It seems like everyone's been taking their masks off the past few weeks, possibly emboldened by Rowling:

I don't know how they thought that was going to work out for them, but hopefully it has at least made some people realize what these "drop the T" groups are really about - as if it wasn't obvious enough before.

Of course there's an LGB alliance 🤦🏽‍♂️

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
And people will still support Harry Potter and get excited for a new Harry Potter game WB is working on... disgusting.

This is weird because while trans people saw it coming from a mile away, most people didn't knew anything and this means lots of people working for years in a game that is now tainted by one person who probably never even step in the studio

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
This is weird because while trans people saw it coming from a mile away, most people didn't knew anything and this means lots of people working for years in a game that is now tainted by one person who probably never even step in the studio
Oh well. I struggle to think of developers of good conscience that would object to people boycotting HP properties because of Rowling's transphobic sentiment. Whether it's CDPR or this, the notion that there should be any guilt on behalf of a consumer for not wanting to purchase a product associated to something shit has and always will be garbage.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I keep on saying this every time her name pops up, but maybe her seeing this and how her views can cause real world harm could finally encourage her to actually get educated and engage more productively with the community.

I mean, I'm certainly not holding out hope, and this is more of a naive wish that someone who millions look up to isn't completely gone...