• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
No I won't.
I am not going to pre-forgive politicians for shit they haven't even done yet.
I think this super low expectation Americans have from our politicians is a big part of why we get pretty much nothing from them.
No one isn't asking you to pre forgive anyone. We have democrats in the senate that span from progressive to center right. It's being realistic. Trust me, I hate it too.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Man, i so love that GOP only cares about debt in these instances....like you didn't care about it when you were passing them tax breaks.

Rrank

Oct 30, 2017
What a fucking joke. Let's prop up the stock market with endless amount of money, but when the average working americans need help let's worry about the debt.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
GOP Sen. Ron Johnson (Wis.) blocked a proposal to provide another round of stimulus checks for the second time on Friday — this time when it was offered by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

Sanders, speaking from the Senate floor late Friday afternoon, tried to pass his bill that would provide a second $1,200 stimulus check for Americans making up to $75,000, the same language passed during a March CARES Act.

"This is not a radical idea. This is an idea that is supported by President Donald Trump. It is an idea that is supported by President-elect Joe Biden," Sanders said. "The American people cannot wait any longer; they need economic relief right now. ... They need help and they need it now."

Sanders is the second senator to try to pass a bill Friday to provide a second round of $1,200 checks. Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) also tried earlier Friday and was similarly blocked by Johnson, who argued that additional coronavirus relief needs to be targeted and voiced concerns about the country's debt.
Sanders, before he tried to pass the bill, said it was "comical that suddenly our Republican friends once again discover that we have a deficit."
thehill.com

GOP senator blocks bill for $1,200 stimulus checks for second time

GOP Sen. Ron Johnson (Wis.) blocked a proposal to provide another round of stimulus checks for the second time on Friday — this time when it was offered by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like it will takes years until we know the full extent of the fuckery that went down with that shitshow.
It took a while until we started getting a real picture of the shit that went down with TARP, and that bill was like a paragon of government excellence next to the CARES act.

Yeah, and that's if we actually ever find out the full extent of it and I doubt that with everything else going on too.

But no matter what - we'll for sure feel this inflated bubble pop. That's happening no matter what happens with this stimulus. And it's why I want the Democrats to form a consistent and strong message against austerity like this, cause the calls for it are just going to get worse during a Biden admin, and bet your asses that centrist Dems will be going "they're not wrong you know....".

So we need to start the work of fighting that now while we can and while the common public is still somewhat engaged in what's happening in their government.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A Democrat President is coming into office?
Time to start pretending to care about the deficit.
Clockwork.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No one isn't asking you to pre forgive anyone. We have democrats in the senate that span from progressive to center right. It's being realistic. Trust me, I hate it too.
Which Democrat in the Senate is against sending check to people?
I'm seriously asking, I would like to give them a call and shout at them.
I already call both my senators and my congressperson every day and tell them they should give us money, I can add another call, it's not big deal.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
It blows my mind that other countries have been giving their citizens money every single month throughout this pandemic.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
Which Democrat in the Senate is against sending check to people?
I'm seriously asking, I would like to give them a call and shout at them.
I already call both my senators and my congressperson every day and tell them they should give us money, I can add another call, it's not big deal.
I don't think any of them are for what it's worth. Still, I don't trust Joe Manchin fully. But I think in the end he is a solid vote for pretty much everything Dems would put forward.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think any of them are for what it's worth. Still, I don't trust Joe Manchin fully. But I think in the end he is a solid vote for pretty much everything Dems would put forward.
I don't trust politicians in general.
I just think that if Democrats get the majority in the senate it should be a slam dunk to send out checks. It would help a ton, it will save lives and will also be great electorally.

By the way, I think you can pressure Republicans on that too, find someone who is up facing a tough re-election in the midterms and just run constant ads about they are the reason you are not getting checks.
And I generally think those things are worth fighting tooth and nail for even if there is no guaranteed success.