• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

rare adverse vaccine reactions come thru!

Oct 27, 2017
Well yeah of course, because they know COVID-19 is a real risk, but are simply downplaying it for political purposes. I hope no one actually believes that most of the top GOP believes the things they are saying. Almost everything they say is a lie to encourage their base's support.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
All the evidence I need that most right wing figures aren't in it for any kind of belief system, they're literally in it for what they can get and fuck everyone else.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Getting Rubio out of the senate is going to be a tough play considering how red Florida seems to have gotten the last few years, but it's possible if FLdems reach deep into the bench and pull out a charismatic challenger.

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
AOC talked about it before she herself got the vaccine. There's like a "continuation of government" clause in the constitution or something that puts Congress as one of the first in line to get the vaccine.

However, pretty sure they could have deferred it since they don't believe in it anyway

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
From the party who tried their hardest to deny stimulus packages for people suffering because "muh national debt".

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty horrible that many doctors - who are exposed to COVID-19 on a daily basis - are still waiting while Congress takes care of themselves. Shame on them.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
AOC talked about it before she herself got the vaccine. There's like a "continuation of government" clause in the constitution or something that puts Congress as one of the first in line to get the vaccine.

However, pretty sure they could have deferred it since they don't believe in it anyway
I personally don't mind it per se.

The issue is that these fools continually downplayed the threat. Told workers to suck it up. Graham hated the 600 dollar UI expansion with a passion and the man has never worked a real job ever.

It's fine they are getting it, but it's so hypocritical after botching COVID19--we had a second stimulus bill since summer which would have helped tons of with distribution. This party is incompetent beyond belief yet they get rewarded with votes.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Hopefully when they eventually croak, all these Republicans get the worst kind of cancer. They are essentially a cancer themselves.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I read something that kind of put things into perspective for me.

Liberals are judged by actions, Republicans are judged by who they are. If a Republican does something then it's good, because they did it and they are inherently noble and just.

You can't shame the Republican base by pointing out their hypocrisy or exploitation of workers. They aren't even at the level of pointing out tiny insignificant flaws or god forbid spelling errors in order to dismantle the entire thing, they just don't care about pretending they're being fair anymore. That's why "owning the libs" has become their only rallying point; it doesn't matter that they're losing and making the country worse for everyone, because everyone includes Liberals and fuck those Liberals over there.

Republicans are not rational, they cannot be reasoned with, and the sooner we accept that the sooner we can start subverting the will of people who want to make things worse for everyone around them.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Well, at least they aren't saying the vaccine is a conspiracy or something

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty horrible that many doctors - who are exposed to COVID-19 on a daily basis - are still waiting while Congress takes care of themselves. Shame on them.

In theory it makes sense for high ranking government officials to get it early. Taking 100 off the top to keep the Senate going so they can pass billion dollar stimulus packages related to distribution of vaccine and direct payments would theoretically have the maximum impact in fighting COVID. Problem is they are a bunch of ass hats and they've made it clear that hasn't been their goal for months now, both R's and D's.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
A part of me really wants guys like Lyin' Ted Cruz and lil' Marco Rubio to run for President against Trump again in 2024. Watching them get eviscerated and emasculated on a live stage was fun.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just reinforces the stupidity of people making a health concern a political debate. It's almost like deep down they realize their position was dumb as shit but they had to keep it up to pander to their base.

Stuff like this is what makes it difficult to respect their party at all.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck Rubio, fuck the GOP. He needs to be pounded with this next time he's up for re-election.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Republicans revel in hypocrisy like a pig in shit.

However this was always part of the rollout plan for continuity of government purposes.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
politicians rarely actually believe the shit they spew

and even if they do believe it, that aint the reason they're saying it publicly

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In theory it makes sense for high ranking government officials to get it early. Taking 100 off the top to keep the Senate going so they can pass billion dollar stimulus packages related to distribution of vaccine and direct payments would theoretically have the maximum impact in fighting COVID. Problem is they are a bunch of ass hats and they've made it clear that hasn't been their goal for months now, both R's and D's.
In theory, I'm fine with it. But in reality, the composition of this Senate is such a spineless disgrace that it really doesn't sit well with me. If they banded together in a non-partisan way to promote social distancing measures and mask wearing, then it wouldn't be as distasteful.

If anything could have brought the country together in a non-partisan way it should have been this pandemic. It's such a missed opportunity to truly unify the country in general. But Republicans just had to be spineless cowards as usual.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
We knew this would happen. What will be even more infuriating is when professional athletes start getting the vaccine before rural hospital workers.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Republicans revel in hypocrisy like a pig in shit.

However this was always part of the rollout plan for continuity of government purposes.
Yeah. I'm aware. The issue is what governance lol. They've been waffling all pandemic and deferring to their Dear Leader.

Oct 27, 2017
I read something that kind of put things into perspective for me.

Liberals are judged by actions, Republicans are judged by who they are. If a Republican does something then it's good, because they did it and they are inherently noble and just.

You can't shame the Republican base by pointing out their hypocrisy or exploitation of workers. They aren't even at the level of pointing out tiny insignificant flaws or god forbid spelling errors in order to dismantle the entire thing, they just don't care about pretending they're being fair anymore. That's why "owning the libs" has become their only rallying point; it doesn't matter that they're losing and making the country worse for everyone, because everyone includes Liberals and fuck those Liberals over there.

Republicans are not rational, they cannot be reasoned with, and the sooner we accept that the sooner we can start subverting the will of people who want to make things worse for everyone around them.
I'd say it goes even further, the conservative mind is physically different. They are fear driven. Every decision they make is biased by an over-reliance on avoiding fear. Supporting a police state? Fear. Supporting an all powerful tyrant leader? Fear. Maintaining the social classes? Fear.

They congregate with others they might not agree with 100% because they have fear in common. Fear of change, fear of losing status, fear of others, fear of different. As long as they have that, they stick together

That primal fear avoidance causes them to dismiss everything else, even facts.

And to add to this, I'm tired of the media showing us how to understand, relate or debate with these people. We understand them. There's no secret to their madness. All we can do is work to mitigate their ill-gotten power by redistricting and getting out the vote. We outnumber them by far. But, our side is easily discouraged because the other side is loud and violent.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Why wouldn't they? Look at what a hypocrite and liar Lindsey Graham revealed himself to be these last four years, and he won his Senate race by 10%. They know that they can do and say whatever they want with no consequence. There's no check on their behavior anymore, when people will vote for them no matter what.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

That's interesting

Stuntman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hope this shit makes the GOP lose voters for the runoffs, a big portion of the anti-vaxx nutjobs are going to be fuming.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
As others have said, I find this infuriating and at the same time I get how it makes sense they would get it.

The ones that will drive me crazy, but I feel is coming, will be right wing grifter friends of Trump getting the vaccine before anyone. Like, I fully expect to see Diamond and Silk get it before essential workers.