• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
If a person complained this much and sent this much bullshit, they'd have been hit with a restraining order ages ago.

Wait... what? Were Dems this petty when Trump won? By that I mean, filing lots of lawsuits, refusing to concede and all that shit?
Not at all. Hillary gave a concession speech a day or two later.

Obama personally talked things over with Trump to give him info before inauguration day. There are photos of the two together.

Oct 8, 2019
I'm 50-50 on them just being idiots with the smarter idiots among them just doing this to get cred among Trump's base for whatever future runs they do.

They're smart enough to know that Pence doesnt already have this ability. This is a hail mary to see if Republican judges are willing to hand Trump the election.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
They know it's nonsense, but they need to keep the nutjobs pro GOP too and not just Pro Trump

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
While it's all jokes, I fear not calling these moves out for what they are; treason and anti-democracy, by media sources will come back and bite us hard in a few years as the GOP realizes that there might be more concrete avenues towards fascism they can take besides gerrymandering and voter disenfranchisement.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
This will probably continue after the 6th and possibly into Biden's presidency. "Biden is not constitutionally authorized to take the Oath of Presidency" and blah blah blah.

Nov 18, 2020
Luckily Pence is the kind of person who shies away from drama. The last thing he wants right now is the national focus on him. Exact opposite of Trump personality-wise. He's keen to quietly announce the votes and then immediately skip town and take a tour of Europe.

That's why I don't think Pence will be influenced by this. It just makes his life infinitely more stressful and leads to ultimately little gain other than pandering to cultists.

Aug 13, 2019
I can't even laugh at how ridiculous this is.
The tantrum is insane, I saw a billboard in Atlanta today that literally said

PERDUE AND LOEFFLER DIDN'T DELIVER FOR TRUMP
SO DON'T DELIVER FOR THEM THIS RUNOFF

Lose the senate to own the libs and your own party?
I wonder if that was a trump supporter billboard or one made by Democrats to capitalize on the current Republican/Trumplican schism.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
So they're suing Pence to make claim that something in the Constitution is unconstitutional and to change the Constitution without an amendment?

Whoever filed this as a lawyer needs disbarred for even thinking this was something worth a lawsuit.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
qGhiEIe.gif

And the Republicans know it, but they also know that their base is stupid enough to think this could work.

When you deliberately don't tell people how things work and obscure shit from the public for decades, stunts like this allow them to get away with it and even get rewarded for it.

OP
OP
Schlorgan

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
This will probably continue after the 6th and possibly into Biden's presidency. "Biden is not constitutionally authorized to take the Oath of Presidency" and blah blah blah.
One of the current Copium doses is the conspiracy that Biden accepting the presidency under oath on Inauguration Day will be purjury since he stole the election and he will immediately go to prison and Trump will be President again.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Gohmert is Tea Party GOP.

Old Tea Party GOP combined with the newly minted QAnon GOP means the lunacy will never end.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
One of the current Copium doses is the conspiracy that Biden accepting the presidency under oath on Inauguration Day will be purjury since he stole the election and he will immediately go to prison and Trump will be President again.

Aww an, when Pelosi will be sworn in if that happens, they'll shit bricks. lol

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
By this logic, they need to sue the Constitution itself.

Mike Pence can't be a defendant for his own powers as Vice President.

lol

This may be the most batshit crazy thing I've seen yet.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Have any note worthy Republicans come out and spoke against all the bullshit attempts to overturn the election?

I think there was exactly one, but I don't remember who. Whether the rest choose to stay silent because they fear getting kicked out of office by Trumpists or whether they actually support this attempted slide into fascism, we'll never really know.

All I know is that Trumpism is now the default position for the Republican party, and we're never going back to normal.

By this logic, they need to sue the Constitution itself.

They tried to sue the Electoral College as though it were some kind of entity that could be sued. The whole party has gone off the deep end, and both their voters and leaders have fully embraced it.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Gohmert is Tea Party GOP.

Old Tea Party GOP combined with the newly minted QAnon GOP means the lunacy will never end.

I have a family member that is both and he has been tweeting this for a few weeks now. The VP of the United States can throw out a states votes "because", in this case "because" there was obvious fraud. With no proof. He wants King Trump sooo bad it is insane. He is also ex-military and wants to "uphold the Constitution", but I guess only when it works in his favor.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
where are the optics?

while millions are waiting for covid relief gop members are suing pence to overturn the election

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I saw an article this weekend that said Trump was "confused" about Pence's role on Jan 6th. It also said Trump & Pence's recent meeting did not cover this topic (according to the White House). Yeah, right.

Trump got done whining to Pence and called Gohmert or some other sycophant. 100%

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
I wish American news media would report this as what it is, "republican sues pence to appear as trump ally in order to boost votes and fight off primary challengers in next election". The fact that usa media continues to push the narrative that these pointless suits are actually to try and change the election instead of the song and dance show to try and get trump voters to be on their side next election is just playing into their hands and giving them what they want, that exact narrative they are damaging trust in Americans democracy for, which to be fair is pretty shit already but still it doesn't need the media to keep doing more damaging when they're the reason trump has been propped up so much due to ratings obsessions etc.

Anjoys

Avenger
Nov 10, 2017
The GOP like to talk about "Law and Order" and "The Constitution", but seems like they don't know the law and have read very, very little of the Constitution.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm starting to feel disbelief that our country has to suffer a single goddamn ounce of this lunacy.

GOP is straight up toxic. There is no other quality that they embody.