• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I mean... essentially you are paying $10 a month to use their platform. It's like you are renting a console. However, you can play games across a variety of screens/devices... It would seem that Google thinks that convenience is enough to motivate people to pay a monthly fee.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Read the OP people:

D8ZElnTUcAAv__k.jpg

WEGGLES

Oct 30, 2017
The inclusion of fighting games and stuff like thumper really speaks to their confidence in the latency of this whole thing. Couldn't imagine Thumper with bad lag.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
At the very least anyone can play base Destiny 2 at 1080p60 for free, right?

I think that's good, people can try if it works for them without spending a dime. They should get more f2p games on there. Too bad Epic is probably not letting Fortnite on here just like how they didn't put it on Play Store.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Pretty weak offerings honestly compared to what Microsoft and Sony have already been touting for years, I'm sure there's a niche crowd for this but it does nothing for me. The initial price tag seems to be the only attractive feature for Stadia.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
So 1 year of stadia Pro is more expensive than one year of PlayStation 4 base/slim.
$170 (founder's kit) + 90 sub. In 2 years it'll be more expensive than a PS4 PRO.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
Destiny 2? So I pay $10 to get a game that was just announced that it's going to be free? Wow! What a deal!

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
So is like buying a gaming console but paying 10 bucks a month for the console.

In 5 years, it'll be more expensive than buying the god damn console.

Are you including the cost of games and PS+/XBL subscriptions to the console cost?

Even if it's more expensive, it will be worth it if it works well.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Stadia Pro is underwhelming, I'd rather go base and just buy a couple of games every now and then if at all

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, as I suspected. They won't charge to stream games, just like you streaming your owned or rented movies etc..you get from Google, you don't pay extra. Charging for a premium experience (that I would never get or even use) is fine imo. Also sounds like the pro sub has a game catalog attached to it.

Hope Microsoft does something similar, I don't want to pay a subscription fee to play the games I already own.

Riven

Oct 27, 2017
So wait a sec, do I need a chromecast ultra even if my tv is smart and has a chrome app?
They will probably make the service available on any device. For example if anything runs the Chrome browser you should be able to play it. The Chromecast they give you is to make it a console like experience.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Pro doesn't sound worth it especially if only Destiny 2 is free at launch and the base game is already going to be free to play.

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to Sony I'll be starting D2 again on stadia base. Allll free (bar expansions, of course)

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
$10 a month for 7 year console gen. $840 + $129 for Founder's Edition = $970.

Or you know just buy a $500 PS5 or Xbox Two.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wait, I thought $9.99 was to be like a subscription, just like game pass to play all the games or a selection of games

That's not the case?? Only destiny for now?

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018

Drey1082

Oct 27, 2017
to be fair, at this price, i'll probably give it a go.

Although we're about to see what Microsoft is doing.....

JeRzYzFyNeSt

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
Not interested, cool for ppl who are. Ill stick with consoles till they are no more
Im not sold on this

160. mbps

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Yeah they need to go full in FTP or explore other pricing options. $60 + subscription fee + taxes sounds awful for a regular user.

The killer idea is almost there. Almost.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Hopefully xCloud is more exciting - this is a cool concept but poor value proposition.

Did they say anything about iOS app?

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
I mean... the big question for me is what free old games come with the Pro. As of right now, this is hardly a value proposition, honestly,

Status
Not open for further replies.