• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
All games on Stadia whether Stadia Pro or the free version are 60fps according to Google (4K/60 for Stadia Pro, 1080/60 for Stadia free, scales down to 720p/60 if you connection doesn't have the bandwidth for 1080/60). I would assume you essentially need the games running at least 60fps to make streaming truly viable.

Even Red Dead at 60fps? Hmmm

Did we ever get a SamSho PC or Switch release date?

SamSho Switch releases December 12th in Japan. That's all that's been announced afaik

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
All games on Stadia whether Stadia Pro or the free version are 60fps according to Google (4K/60 for Stadia Pro, 1080/60 for Stadia free, scales down to 720p/60 if you connection doesn't have the bandwidth for 1080/60). I would assume you essentially need the games running at least 60fps to make streaming truly viable.
PS: This is talking about streaming FPS, not game FPS. It's possible (as they've said) some games might run 30FPS but be doubleframed to have a 60FPS videostream. They're aiming for 60 gamefps where they can though.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Not necessarily - all the games will *stream* at 60fps, but the developer can choose run the game at lower framerates if they want, just like how on game consoles a game can be locked to 30fps for better quality graphics. During the Project Stream test, Assassin's Creed for example ran at 30fps while streaming at 60fps. But there has also been talk of going the other way, a game running at 120fps while streaming at 60, to improve latency (the game can internally react much faster to input presses, as it doesn't have to wait as long for the next frame to update to process input).

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Stadia's definitely going the route of "proof of concept" games rather than actual killer apps, hoping that Stadia itself will be the killer app.

I do not see this going well.

Correct. A lot of us kind of knew how this was going to go down once they announced it with their confusing messaging and pricing models.

But others think it's the future, it's going to be a while before it ever even tries to take over physical ownership. If at all.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I honestly feel bad for them.... that's just... not a good lineup of games to attract people towards a new platform.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
welp, that's something alright. Kinda confused because there are a good number of games that were announced for Stadia, that were either announced to be there at launch or I just assumed they were, and was clearly wrong to.

Where is ESO, DOOM 2016 (eternal got delayed but this was also confirmed for Stadia at one point), Division 2, Borderlands 3, Wolfenstein Young Blood and a bunch of the other games that were announced for Stadia?

This just feels like a baffling line-up even with the caviate that it's only really launching for those who were in for the founders edition.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I remember GYLT and Kine being interesting on the announcement presentation, but outside of that. There's nothing really much I could care from that list. At least not if those are full price

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
I can play all of that today. No killer app?
I had a similar thought. Going through the list - it's a great lineup, there's some fun games there. But it's not new. Gylt looks like a neat game, and will be a Stadia exclusive, but I think this list really shows that Googles own game development initiatives aren't off the ground yet.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really interested to see how Destiny 2 runs via streaming.
Lukewarm on everything else.

This smacks of early access/still in beta. The softest of launches, if they really want to stick with that nomenclature.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Don't know about all of them but Destiny 2 is confirmed to not have crossplay with Steam.

Considering D2 doesn't have crossplay with any ecosystem, I'm not sure this is an issue. It would be nice to have it crossplay with PC, for sure, but there's work to be done there. In the future, maybe, but there are so many variables with the targets (30fps console versions, etc) it would be hard to justify. Maybe when D3 or whatever on newer consoles maybe has 60fps standard we can see it, but until then...

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Then no on will play this version straight up. I doubt it will also be the version that in the future has cross play with console. That will be the steam version.

Everyone who's bought into Stadia gets Destiny 2 Collection free so there's that. It's not like they're relying on the launch folk to have to buy it. Obviously we don't know how many people that is but it's just gonna be on everyone's accounts day one. I expect it to be the most played game on the service by far.

I'm gonna be playing it because I didn't ever play any Destiny 2 DLC past the first one. So I'll be porting over my characters and picking up on Stadia with every expansion.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
ao2wD6n_700b.jpg

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I think Google would do themselves more favors if they called it the "Founders' Day 1 Launch Lineup" or something. It feels like this is launching in early access in every respect.

I don't know if Google needed any big exclusives, since I don't think Google is ultimately trying to sell to people who already own a console or gaming PC. But right now with their Founder's Edition being the only way to access the service, I think they mostly have the attention of the enthusiast crowd, both media and consumer, and they could probably figure out how to talk to them better rather than pretending those aren't the people listening to them.

I'll be curious to see if the sharing features and jumping into a game from a YouTube stream stuff is compelling. I'm also curious if that's available at launch (I'm guessing not).

Last edited:

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
TR DE is interesting, they never made a PC version of that. Guess Stadia isn't just using PC versions.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Mario 64 makes it not a joke at all. EDIT I'm dumb, that was DS. OoT 3D was good but not as great.

Ocarina of Time 3D wasn't even a launch title either. It was like Street Figher 4 3D, crappy Ridge Racer 3DS, shitty 3DS Pilotwings, that pretty good isometric Ghost Recon game, Nintendogs and Cats.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Its 25% tomb raider, Yikes!

Nothing wrong with tomb raider but proportionally 25% is so... Yikes.
I'm actually surprised that they ported TRDE, it has only appeared on PS4 and XB1 so far, I'm definitely interested in a play-through if it's a good version. And RDR2 is a day 1 purchase unless it's a crappy version. But otherwise the list is just meh, maybe I'll check out Destiny 2 since it's a free game.

This service needs demos. 5 minute trials. I doubt we'll see reviews so I would at least like to see for myself how the games runs and plays before I buy.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Not necessarily - all the games will *stream* at 60fps, but the developer can choose run the game at lower framerates if they want, just like how on game consoles a game can be locked to 30fps for better quality graphics. During the Project Stream test, Assassin's Creed for example ran at 30fps while streaming at 60fps. But there has also been talk of going the other way, a game running at 120fps while streaming at 60, to improve latency (the game can internally react much faster to input presses, as it doesn't have to wait as long for the next frame to update to process input).

PS: This is talking about streaming FPS, not game FPS. It's possible (as they've said) some games might run 30FPS but be doubleframed to have a 60FPS videostream. They're aiming for 60 gamefps where they can though.

That makes sense. It'll be interesting to see which route each game takes and how noticeable input lag will feel for games that aren't targeting 60fps.

I do remember now that you mention it Dreamwriter how AC Odyssey was running at 30fps on Project Stream. It felt ok when I played it.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Is Google half-assing this just like everything they do that is not search/ads/personal data gathering? Must be nice to have so much money to piss. Weak launch line up.

I'm not against streaming, but will wait for more established players like MS and even Valve to check it out.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
TR DE is interesting, they never made a PC version of that. Guess Stadia isn't just using PC versions.
Stadia actually can't run PC versions, it's more like a game console than a PC. Games have to be specifically ported to Stadia. Even Assassin's Creed test from Project Stream was a port of the Xbox One version of the game with higher quality assets and effects, not a port of the PC version.

Oct 27, 2017
the hate for this product Era has is kinda sad.

PS4s launch line up was no better.
Imagine if Netflix launched with 12 movies. Comparing it with the PS4 is disingenuous at best. People expect small selections with a new gaming hardware cycle and the Playstation brand had been around for three full cycles before the launch of the PS4. A streaming service though? Stadia should be able to run anything from Pong to The Witcher 3 and they are launching with 12 games with a quarter of them being Tomb Raider. Feels like they aren't super confident with this "full" release and are more interested in dipping their toes in the water for now. The one exclusive they have is game most on this forum probably haven't even heard of. Not being skeptical of the future of this product is foolish.

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
PS4s launch line up was no better.

I don't like or hate Stadia, but...

PS4 games had to be created from the ground up or ported over to the new architecture of the system. Isn't Stadia basically a streaming service allowing you to play PC games running off their hardware on site? If so, Stadia could've launch with more existing PC titles.

Not an apples to apples comparison.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Curious about Gylt, the rest is just, eh. Sure if this was the start of the generation it'd be freaking amazing, but we're 5 years in.

I'm praying rdr2 runs at a high/ultra setting and 60fps just for the epic thread here

It HAS to run it at 4K/60FPS at the very least, not even counting high/ultra settings, otherwise they either lied or their marketing is even shittier than people imagined.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd probably buy Red Dead 2 through this rather than on Steam or whatever. I want to play it at 4K with HDR and 60fps and my PC and PS4 Pro aren't doing that.

What is this shit about "worst console launch EVAR"? It's a fucking Chromecast 4K running their new gaming storefront and all the other stuff a Chromecast can already do...

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
OP should probably update with Stadia's official, additional list of "coming by the end of 2019" games:

Attack on Titan 2 Final Battle
Borderlands 3
Darksiders Genesis
Dragonball Xenoverse 2
Farming Simulator '19
Final Fantasy XV
Football Manager 2020
Ghost Recon Breakpoint
GRID
Metro Exodus
NBA 2K20
Rage 2
Trials Rising
Wolfenstein Youngblood

src: https://www.blog.google/products/stadia/lineup-games-coming-to-stadia/

Feb 10, 2018
So arrogant and dumb of Google thinking the rules of successful consoles don't apply to them.
It will be stadias downfall.