• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
  1. They won't remove it from people's phones
  2. Parler won't be able to push out updates to existing users
  3. iOS updates can break older apps that have not been maintained; it is possible a future iOS update could render the app unusable on all updated iPhones

Three would take a long time unless they completely drop an api or something. They should fully revoke their dev license to not allow the cloud services and alerts.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Still appears on Google Play for me but it looks like that's cause of my history when I reported it before. If you type out Parler and hit enter the app does not show.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
If Google is doing it, Apple isn't far behind. In situations like this, it generally is something of a waiting game for the first one to 'take the heat' so to speak. Which is rather sad, but is what it is.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Wow it was on Play one minute then not another. Did my part reporting it.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Never let them fucking spin this into a "big tech censorship" debate, which they will try to do.

All the insanely extreme posts need to be blasted and shared everywhere to remind users of what far right extremism looks like. Literally there are posts calling for the execution of Mike Pence, which I imagine would divide many of the softer Trump supporters/republicans

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
"Apple is infringing on our rights! They are going to censor us!"

*Google whistling as they pull the plug*

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I was expecting Apple to pull the trigger first, but go Google.

And man it is so glorious watching the few remaining chud bastions and stalwarts on social media meltdown.

Oct 28, 2017
If the app is being used to incite violence, Apple will need to do more than delist it from the Store; they'll need to disable it on iPhones.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, thought Google would have waited for Apple. We'll see how long Apple waits until they pull the plug too.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i can only hope cnn and other networks stop giving donald trump any air time. let him basically only appeal to his shit base which will keep dwindling without having any real outreach besides their shit sites.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Apple is such a stickler with what can be on their platform, there's no way they'll allow that app to stay now that Google has kicked it out.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, thought Google would have waited for Apple. We'll see how long Apple waits until they pull the plug too.
Why would they? Apple gave them 24 hours. That's why I stated earlier I'm surprised they didn't just pull the plug. Glad google went full nuke here because it mitigates the damage faster

Smithy

Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful. So much happening. You love to see it. Hope they will never ever get a platform to spread their bullshit again

Last edited:

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
Why would they? Apple gave them 24 hours. That's why I stated earlier I'm surprised they didn't just pull the plug. Glad google went full nuke here because it mitigates the damage faster

Because I didn't think Google had the balls to pull the app first. Wasn't there another app that got pulled from Apple first?

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
Can't they just access it through their phones' browser? Granted taking the app off mobile storefronts would help, but it doesn't fully solve the issue.

It doesn't fully solve the issue, but just look how nuts Facebook or Epic went when it was "just" about them increasing or at least keeping their bottom line. Being delisted from the AppStore will kill off any growth to the platform.

This coming just an hour after Donalds ban from Twitter is unfortunate for them.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
YES. Deplatforming works! The common smartphone user isn't going to bother to sideload an app to their phone. Thank you Google, really.

Apple, your turn!