• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5876

Big Seller
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad I've been slowly rolling my online presence away from google. Largest thing left is email -- which ugh.. is the most difficult thing to relocate.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
what's their policy on review ratings?

It's not outside Google's purview to delete these posts. Google's policies explicitly prohibit reviews intended to manipulate an app's rating, and the company says it has a system that "combines human intelligence with machine learning to detect and enforce policy violations in ratings and reviews." Google says it specifically took action on reviews that it felt confident violated those policies, the company tells The Verge. Google says companies do not have the ability to delete reviews themselves.

their algo determined all the 1 star reviews had to be fake

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
It's still review bombed to hell on the app store as I pulled it up. If it wasn't enough to make a difference that makes me believe they did have some actual valid criteria.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Big tech about to show a lot of the left and the right how to unify against their asses, this is crazy.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Glad I've been slowly rolling my online presence away from google. Largest thing left is email -- which ugh.. is the most difficult thing to relocate.
My problem is that email for me is purely read-only. It's basically a repository of receipts and transactions. I send maybe 10 emails a year. So that makes it difficult to pay for an email service (and those are the ones that respect privacy the most, like Hey).

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Is there a thread explaining what is happening?

I just know about Gamestop.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Google and their algorithms doing what is does best: Being the absolute opposite of useful.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
America is just one big sham.
300px-Always_has_been.jpg

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm betting the system is just set up to hide and ignore when a huge amount of 1 star reviews without comment come in all at once.

Javaman

Oct 31, 2017
Were they legit reviews or fake accounts created to dive RH's rating. I can see it justified if that's the case.

Oct 27, 2017
i overheard guys at target randomly talking about this situation today.
everyone already knows, google. the spice must flow

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
The article uses the term "review bombing", but is it review bombing when the complaint is "literally doesn't do the thing it's made to do"?

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Were they legit reviews or fake accounts created to dive RH's rating. I can see it justified if that's the case.

They were likely review bombs, people reviewing the app whether they've never used it or not. I think it's probably a safe assumption most were legit account, whether they were legit users of the app though is another question.