• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love the Pixel to be $600 with IP67, 8GB RAM, 128GB minimum, 90hz screen, finger print on the back and at least the same camera as the Pixel 4. Oh and to have dual front facing speakers still. It's doable.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Interested in Sabrina. I've been wanting a streaming device and it's between that and the Shield.

I'm very curious about the phones. My 3a is only 4 months old, but I want to hop on the 5g train.
FWIW this new device will probably have Ads and the SHIELD won't.

www.androidheadlines.com

NVIDIA SHIELD TV Users Have Been Spared From Android TV's New Ads

It appears that users with the NVIDIA SHIELD TV are seeing no ads on their devices, while other Android TV devices are seeing the new ads, we mentioned

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
I'd love the Pixel to be $600 with IP67, 8GB RAM, 128GB minimum, 90hz screen, finger print on the back and at least the same camera as the Pixel 4. Oh and to have dual front facing speakers still. It's doable.

This is where Pixel 5 needs to hit to be competitive. If it's any more they won't be able to compete with Samsung carrier specials.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Pricing is said to be 50 bucks, could be a killer. Cause the only other decent one is the SHIELD and that is too expensive for the average joe

Had to buy this a last year when it was on sale ($39.00) because the Shield was too expensive. Since it had Chromecast Support, as well.

kash5-1559987436.jpg

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
There'll probably be an XL variant of the Pixel 5, right? I'm looking to upgrade my Pixel 3 XL in the near-ish future, but I don't want to get a smaller phone.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
May get an Android TV dongle, depending on whether they announce a couple of years of software updates. My Sony TV runs Android TV but has stopped getting updates. Shame as I quite like it. Newer versions seem faster than it used to be.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping the rumors of a huge battery are true. My Pixel 2 is getting a bit sketchy.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Interested in Sabrina, have been using Roku TV for a while and miss Chromecast functionality. If the price is under $70 I'll probably go for it.

jonathanp

Oct 28, 2017
FWIW this new device will probably have Ads and the SHIELD won't.

www.androidheadlines.com

NVIDIA SHIELD TV Users Have Been Spared From Android TV's New Ads

It appears that users with the NVIDIA SHIELD TV are seeing no ads on their devices, while other Android TV devices are seeing the new ads, we mentioned

It's something to think about. I can forgive the ads if it's good price/performance. The Shield is very slick though it's just expensive.

GK86

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is where Pixel 5 needs to hit to be competitive. If it's any more they won't be able to compete with Samsung carrier specials.

I believe the rumored price is around $650-700. Also, there won't be dual front facing speakers.

Oct 25, 2017
There'll probably be an XL variant of the Pixel 5, right? I'm looking to upgrade my Pixel 3 XL in the near-ish future, but I don't want to get a smaller phone.
It's not sounding good. I'm in the same boat and looks like I'm forced to hold off until next year (hoping there's a 6XL). Not interested in the 4a 5G model.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
It's something to think about. I can forgive the ads if it's good price/performance. The Shield is very slick though it's just expensive.
I got mine for 125 and I don't have any remorse what so ever. I have a nice home theater system that I have everything running through and a OLED TV so i totally think it's worth it as everythingn looks really sharp and the guid is really snappy.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
If there's no pixel watch I'm very likely switching from my pixel 3a to iPhone SE and getting an Apple watch SE. Android and Apple are basically the same these days anyways, only think I'm not getting from Android is a competent watch.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
So the chromecast has been on sale at home depot since last weekend. Idk how Google let that happen.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
If there's no pixel watch I'm very likely switching from my pixel 3a to iPhone SE and getting an Apple watch SE. Android and Apple are basically the same these days anyways, only think I'm not getting from Android is a competent watch.
There won't be.

Though I'm curious why a Pixel watch specifically is so important? The cool thing about Android is freedom of choice, and there are a few really nice watches out there.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the new Chromecast doesn't support Stadia, then I'm probably not going to care about it anymore. That was the reason for my initial excitement, was wanting to get into the whole streaming games thing, and the assumption that Stadia support would be there. But Amazon Luna was announced since my last reply here, so suddenly Fire TV Stick is starting to look a lot better to me.

Bonus points for the Fire TV remote not having Netflix and YouTube buttons

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
If the new Chromecast doesn't support Stadia, then I'm probably not going to care about it anymore. That was the reason for my initial excitement, was wanting to get into the whole streaming games thing, and the assumption that Stadia support would be there. But Amazon Luna was announced since my last reply here, so suddenly Fire TV Stick is starting to look a lot better to me.

Bonus points for the Fire TV remote not having Netflix and YouTube buttons

It does. You need to side load for now but it works. I'm guessing official support wasn't ready for launch but it would be silly not to.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
There won't be.

Though I'm curious why a Pixel watch specifically is so important? The cool thing about Android is freedom of choice, and there are a few really nice watches out there.
It's no secret that most of them suck, especially in comparison to Apple watch. Also many are very ugly

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I just wanna know how the astrophotography is gonna be on the pixel 5

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Hmmm i thought that the Pixel 5 might be the phone I will upgrade to from my pixel 2xl but having no XL version hurts a bit :( I love that we are finally getting a ultra wide cam.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Excited to see how the new chromecast turns out. I use fire tv 4k stick at the moment but if i can run emby or plex, I will switch over. The bonus of being able to cast my Oculus Quest will be nice because all the apps I have tried on the fire stick have not been great.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
does anyone here have a Verizon Stream TV? It sounds like it's basically exactly the same as the new Chromecast. I'm guessing there's no reason for me to buy the new Chromecast if the Stream TV is working for me (and it was free from Verizon).

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
So the chromecast has been on sale at home depot since last weekend. Idk how Google let that happen.

Whether it's intentional or Google just throwing their hands up in the air and giving up, they don't seem to care about secrecy of revealing new products anymore. I don't see the big deal really... why does every product from every company need to be some BIG reveal anyways? I think Apple has conditioned us in a way (though it probably goes further back with videogame consoles).

Has Stadia support been officially announced yet? All I can find are articles about people sideloading Stadia in, like this one:

yea, sorry, I edited my post. I'm guessing though if it works pretty much flawlessly by sideloading that official support will come soon. This is their new, premiere streaming hardware, wouldn't make sense for Stadia to not be supported.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Is it basically confirmed that there are no front facing speakers for the Pixel 5? Or is it going to have those things that vibrate under the screen?