• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, but this is just the centralization of gaming. Everything running on Google's servers, all social features tied into it running on Google's servers, with Google just controlling literally everything.

They're going after Twitch, Discord, streamers, gaming media...everything. They want the entire experience running on their infrastructure. I went from being indifferent about this to being opposed to all of it.

Yup another downside of all this

Sounds like we need to start banging the antitrust drums like Warren said

xaosslug

Oct 27, 2017
Google/MS trying to eliminate the "physical" aspect of gaming is just gonna lead to Sony/Nintendo continuing to eat their lunch. Smh

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"You can become a game maker yourself! And I'll just make up some random bullshit about your game to hype up people for my channel!"

Oct 27, 2017
dsgfadsgadsbdkb2.png

Welcome Stadia.

That ordering is a bit weird...

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
why is matpat doing game theory videos on youtube when he could instead work as a professional speaker with how he tries to make everything sound like the most exciting thing since the moon landing

Status
Not open for further replies.