• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Ew, these styles are terrible. Pac-Man got all those cheers, but it looked like shit. Looking forward to a million generic, low-effort creations with that.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it's going to be free right? Or at least a monthly fee.

Wasn't OnLive free?
yeah I doubt they will charge you extra to stream a game. Google doesn't charge you extra to stream a Movie you bought on Google Play. Games won't be any different.

But.....I am not going to buy a streaming only game. I want be able to buy a game and play natively and have the option to stream it to any device.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
If they coupled this with a box for maximum quality, I'd be in, but they haven't said a word about THE issue - input lag, which we saw with our own eyes in the brief AC demo.

It's THE problem, and it's not going away, seems.

Laws of physics gonna laws of physics.

So many of these people enamored with this are gonna feel dumb when they experience that input lag and quality drops when their servers are undergoing maintenance lol. The future though.

Oct 29, 2017
I think it is at least refreshing that they don't have to act like they stepping over eggshells when making references to old games because they were not their competition.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Launching when? How MUCH? Recommended Specs?
Did you watch?
Stadia is a Web based platform.
No cost of entry, unless you want the Stadia controller.

It'll be a marketplace available also through Youtube, games launching instantly (after paying, unless demo mode).

I wouldn't be surprised if they launch today @1080p60.

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
Sony has existing infrastructure for game streaming. They can scale it. They have the most mature streaming service in the market right now.
Yep some people are forgetting that PSNow is for the moment the only streaming app available in multiple countries. And Playstation won't disapear in a blink of an eye, PS5 will be a successful console if Sony doesn't do a huge mistake.

PS6 generation will probably suffer from streaming and will probably be the last gen of hardware.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
"We are working on an amazing tool to reduce artists work"

Cool prototype tool but it's the kind of thing I'm not sure what to think about.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
We still have so many end user bottlenecks and are at the mercy of ISPs

The fact they aren't addressing these concerns sucks

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
So this will largely work in America to only those who have Google Fibre?

Gonna be amusing to see the rest of the world - again - run laps around America.

Oct 30, 2017
the amount of bandwidth for this......dear lord. You would probably have downloaded the game in a matter of a couple days of play just streaming.

There is no way data caps will ever support this model, Internet infrastructures will continue to hold streaming platforms hostage.

Not really. It's just a 1080P video-stream right?

Actually...now that I think about. Holy shit. 5-6 hours worth of 1080P streaming is going to be 10-20gbs probably ahah

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I didn't think about this hard enough. The actual streaming of the game is just one thing... with all processing in the cloud, a lot of things are possible.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
If you're worried about ownership this kind of model isn't for you. I don't see what's so confusing. Do you think you should own the content on Netflix or Spotify if your subscription lapses? This isn't exactly a new model for aquiring content. Game Pass has been a thing now for a minute too.
I'm really not seeing how this is different from Netflix versus blu-rays or Spotify versus cds. This isn't exactly some new idea

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Because the promises dont line up with reality

They aren't addressing the primary barrier to this type of future and thats a problem

If I was trying to sell this as the future I would need to attack that issue head on
Yep.
No one is really against the concept. We just don't see how it will work for most people with the state of internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.