• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
yeah but Google has the infrastructure, which is very key in this. how is this any lol? MS can compete, for sure. but sony?
Sony uses AWS & their own infrastructure. MS uses Azure. These infrastructures already exist. New breakthroughs in data compression algorithyms sure help but it sure as shit still won't be near to local hw quality on a consistent basis.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
Giantbomb said it right. Yeah there's some cool stuff about this but the idea of it being under one corporation is scary. What will I personally own?

Nothing. And Silicon Valley has had less and less ethical scruples as time has gone on. Consolidation of power is something we need to resist as hare as possible.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
If they coupled this with a box for maximum quality, I'd be in, but they haven't said a word about THE issue - input lag, which we saw with our own eyes in the brief AC demo.

It's THE problem, and it's not going away, seems.

Laws of physics gonna laws of physics.

I wonder if thats the Blue Ocean strategy

Sell this to people who wouldnt care as much or notice

These claim of 4K/HDR/60FPS though? Clearly aimed at gamers...not sure why they are promising so high

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Giantbomb said it right. Yeah there's some cool stuff about this but the idea of it being under one corporation is scary. What will I personally own?

If you're worried about ownership this kind of model isn't for you. I don't see what's so confusing. Do you think you should own the content on Netflix or Spotify if your subscription lapses? This isn't exactly a new model for aquiring content. Game Pass has been a thing now for a minute too.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
The tech is really interesting but I really need to know what the bandwidth usage is, what speeds are required, all of this stuff comes down to that ultimately.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Call me crazy but I don't think Google would but all their oomph and honor behind a gaming platform that just doesn't work. Yet I see "It just doesn't work" repeated here quite often. Let's hear from hands-on impressions first, eh?

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
I really don't like this platform because they're trying to make a netflix, or spotify of streaming video games. No, I don't want pay a subscription for a video game... Let me own my games.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was prepared to be SUPER underwhelmed (thinking Chromecast stick + controller), but now a lot of these features are actually pretty big to drive the industry forward

Still, the name of the game at the end of the day is software...

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
If everything works as well as they say, this's gonna change gaming as we know it (for real this time).

Status
Not open for further replies.