• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017
To make this really be worthwhile, Google needs to announce a nationwide rollout of Google Fiber. DO IT!

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
Ironic that my stream craps out during a conference touting the benefits of cloud gaming.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
How's playing games on outdated hardware better value? This service will provide much better hardware rendering and graphics tech. Also, I can play my games on any device. That provides more value for me than playing games on a traditional console.
Because the outdated hardware will still produce much better results than a streaming service. The image quality is going to be complete shit no matter how powerful the hardware is and as already mentioned, there will be terrible input lag.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of features behind this is great but the main worry I keep coming back into is latency and data caps.

If those got solved this would be revolutionary. Right now tho idk.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
if you have great internet I can imagine game streaming working great

Though I would be concerned on input latency

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If they coupled this with a box for maximum quality, I'd be in, but they haven't said a word about THE issue - input lag, which we saw with our own eyes in the brief AC demo.

It's THE problem, and it's not going away, seems.

Laws of physics gonna laws of physics.

Feb 13, 2018
If this has a pricing similar to Netflix this would be a consideration though.Thousands of games for around 10 € per month with instant access to new releases, then I would bite.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Not giving me much faith in the potential library of the platform when they're just showing off tech demos so far. Even more so when the biggest games right now were born from people modding games, which is impossible with Stadia.

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
The concept for this is great. Whether it works in real practice is great. I will need to see how it handles fighting games.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll just say that I think this is all really exciting and definitely something we'll use in the future BUT this isn't the first time someone has done this so it really depends on if it can function as promised.

There's that and then the concept of ownership and game preservation in the hands of someone like Google who sunset their products more than any other company I can recall.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
When do they get to the part about partnering with the big ISPs to offer "Stadia-enabled" plans for what will no doubt be astronomical prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.