• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
the amount of bandwidth for this......dear lord. You would probably have downloaded the game in a matter of a couple days of play just streaming.

There is no way data caps will ever support this model, Internet infrastructures will continue to hold streaming platforms hostage.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I'm pleased with Vulkan getting more traction in any case. Maybe someday games will not be tied to operating systems the way they are today. Break Microsoft's stranglehold over the industry why not

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
So 4k 60fps, we'll see if that's not loaded with artifacts - people have only tested 1080p. 4k would be worthless if you see compression artifacts.

Feb 13, 2018
So already outdated, because next gen consoles will probably have more, if not the first ones than 100% the Pro models of PS5 and next XBOX will have way more than that.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Tell us the payment system already.

Nextflix model?
Rent each game?
Buy each game?

Oct 30, 2017
Fuck.

The streaming wars have begun. Sony and MS will need to double-down on a competent streaming console competitor from today.

I still believe Sony will do Dedicated Console + PlayStation Now. But Sony will need to put a lot more weight behind PlayStation Now than they are currently...

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really playing games, but if you offer me FIFA anywhere by just bringing a USB stick and controller, then I'm in.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
That wifi connected controller thing is pretty interesting. I wonder how much of an difference that will have with input lag.

NitX

Lead Developer
Verified
Aug 20, 2018
Lol at comparing the tflops of the current gen consoles ... Absolutely nothing here is in anyways ground breaking. Xcloud and PNNow are going to hit 4K in the future without question.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldnt consider myself casual by any means but this is absolutely something I would use when travelling or at work. I dont think we need to label it as being only for casuals. It will appeal to them for sure, but it will be useful to many people of all kinds.

No i didn't said you were a casual, just saying that this would indeed be popular with the casual audience.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Why don't these tech companies bribe the shit out of our community governments instead of letting the telecoms keep our internet garbage? The only way this stuff takes off is if infrastructure is overhauled.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
bro just tell me the bandwidth necessary for a stable experience

you already know it's gonna be 1+GB which will deflate all hype

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Man, the future of gaming looks great!