• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Hm...if Google achieved 10 TF now, perhaps that bodes well for PS5/XBnext hitting 10 TF.

Of course, cooling and clock speeds could be vastly different. But if it's an APU...

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
This is super impressive.

Edit: as usual, Era is negative about something different. The one thing Era is good at is being wrong lol
The concept itself is totally cool and something I'd try but it's not something I'd want to replace all my consoles with. Internet in the U.S. is pretty shit for a lot of people which is why I would never want every single one of my games to be dependent on a constant high speed connection.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
more like for casuals (the bigger audience) that don't care about physical content and just want to play

I wouldnt consider myself casual by any means but this is absolutely something I would use when travelling or at work. I dont think we need to label it as being only for casuals. It will appeal to them for sure, but it will be useful to many people of all kinds.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Before people get excited an uncapped platform is completely useless at this time. We'd still construct games for all platforms...

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
The instance spec is good on the GPU side at least. That instance should see it through the next gen, assuming the RAM and CPU are good.

Swenhir

Oct 28, 2017
So it's basically a current high-end PC available remotely to only play through chrome for a fee.

Also, like Durante said : latency.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All that power seems like a waste if it's just going to be going towards a relatively compressed 1080p video stream, but what do I know?

Oct 27, 2017
ISPs that impose data caps are like
giphy.gif

Gomie-Smile-Breaking-Bad-Season-5-Episode-7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.