• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
The only way this would work for me is if it's Netflix-style and you pay a monthly fee. There's no way I'm paying normal RRP for a game I really don't own.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is all well and good, but we need to cut through the fluff. We need real performance and latency testing. And software support because I couldn't care less about Assassin's Creed.

The software support will be announced eventually. This is a tech conference, not just for the people watching on the internet.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
so, they're really not offering anything new except the youtube integration stuff and controller...

why would anyone believe google has anything to offer in the space? they've had lots of stuff fail before

data caps are a thing and if I'm at home I'd rather just play off dedicated hardware

so who is this for

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ISPs that impose data caps are like
giphy.gif

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So some things im taking away from this:
- Google is assuming we all have 500mb Down and 300mb up worldwde
- Your controller literally has a back seating button
- this is literally ran on google chrome servers
- this is assuming everyone will upgrade/scale their devices

like holy shit google. This is ambitious, but its going to fail right out of the gate and flop for years most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.