• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
If I can stream 4k60, and the price is right, I can deal with some latency in some single player games where I'd normally move on once I finish it.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
8K? For people who need a 100" TV, I guess that makes sense. Weird that nobody thinks about diminishing returns when it comes to these numbers

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
back of the room doing a hell of a job trying to hype the room. taking a page out of Microsoft's playbook from years ago.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
putting the konami code on the controller is like the ultimate "man, us gamers huh" thing you could do

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
"Highest possible quality..." At youtube lol.

They compress the crap out of any 4k videos I've sent to them even if they were close to lossless for me locally.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
up to 120+ fps? But....why? It's going to make the latency WAY more obvious, and if you need to play at that resolution, you're going to want low latency anyway.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
I think it looks pretty awesome if it actually works as advertised. I do not think its meant to take over and be the only device we use. I look at this as a nice alternative for those on the go or that do not want to purchase a home console or PC.

It wont replace gaming consoles, but it will be a nice addition to the cast.

more like for casuals (the bigger audience) that don't care about physical content and just want to play

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
they cant even stream this presentation to me

how the fuck am I gonna play a game

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Just click play... sign up.. input your credit card info.. click buy., wait for it to process.. then you are instantly playing the game.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This all depends on the games and the prices now.
I know several people that don't care about buying hardware but would try a game every once in a while.

Being able to do that anywhere in your home and in a few years anywhere with 5G... Google has a case here. It all depends on the support of devs and the prices now. I would never buy access to this for 60 Euro, but I might try a game out for a week or two for 5 Euros or so.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
I think it depends on price and games, but the possible reach of this is more than the big 3 combined.

We shall see, but I'll give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.