• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The name sounds competitive gaming and MP to me but it might sound sports stadium and spectacle to others. Names are mostly irrelevant and defined by the product not the other way around.

"Google" is the perfect example of that. Xbox and Project Gotham are codenames that stuck. So "Stadia" is short, easy to say and spell, evocative of some aspect of the product and has no negative connotations I can think of. In that regard it's a perfect name that will live or die by the experience it provides.

ITs a streaming BOX.

FUCK im out!

I'm surprised anyone could be surprised by this. The good news (if that's what floats your boat) is that it'll be cheap - push other competitors to do more and better - and fully integrate with Google home, YouTube etc.

But I am surprised anyone would expect anything different.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I love AC and I am open-minded about this console, but don't start with AC. I finished that game.

Show me a reason to play, NOW.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Sony going to be sleeping like babies not having to worry about whatever the hell this is

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
This is just trying to take back ad money from Twitch. A gaming social network. I'm not seeing a dedication to gaming, I'm seeing a dedication to gaming networking and social media that ties into Youtube.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The predicted Era response is working as intended.

Outside of context, Google and Wii are kinda stupid names as well. Its all in the marketing, did you all think they were just gonna call it "Steam" lol?

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
this is a developers conference, not one made for the consumers.

It's supposed to inform devs about how they can use Stadia

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If they can pull it off, Stadia would be ridiculously popular console for mainstream folks (with decent internet connections).

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
As someone that enjoys streaming and YouTube, I'm not onboard the hate train that y'all seem to be on.

Oct 25, 2017
D2CZTG3VAAAo5sk.jpg:large
I guess the controller skimatics

As I said:

All the comparative chatter about Google and Microsoft just made me realize: at the first sign of the backwards-ass Xbox ABXY layout, I am conclusively out.

And I'm perfectly serious.

If this is operable with a Switch Pro, maybe I won't completely tune out.

Status
Not open for further replies.