• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
So no subscription option, and you can only buy the game? that's the impression I got from the presentation unless they're keeping this for later.

I don't understand why they went with a custom platform instead of just going with an existing one (windows) to have an easier time getting tons of developers on their platform day 1.

Your service might be great, but it means nothing when your competitor (Sony and MS) have a huge library already in place plus a much robust first\second party studios network.

Ghost Slayer

Oct 30, 2017
While I like the idea of game development on data center and style, state change. The focus on youtube creator is a big nope for me (and the idea that some nazi defender creators making more from this is just...)

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Im interested from a technology standpoint but this did absolutely nothing for me as far as any future purchasing goes. I have such a huge catalog of digital games between playstation and xbox. Better resolution or framerate won't be enough to make me abandon those ecosystems.

Definitely keeping an eye on it though.

Darkkahn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda wanted more out of this event. Then again I will probably never have a good enough internet connection to stream a game with decent image quality.

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, the streaming is coming hard and fast. They successfully streamed AC:O last year, so I see no reason to doubt the premier internet company from being able to pull this off. There will be a lot of factors that may pull it down, but at the very least they'd have the ultimate demo / trial method.

I am skeptical of a reliable 4k stream, but I we'll see this year at least. It sounds like they need software more than they need the tech since they are already successfully demoing the tech to random people with Project Stream. I wonder how Epic is handling/managing this, they made their store but they also incorporated Unreal into Stadia.

ItsOKAY

Jan 26, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
If it works..great!!!!7
So...my Nintendo Switch for all Nintendo exclusives + all the indie Games...and than Stadia for all the 3rd party stuff? I´m in - if it works!

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Data Caps in 2019...Not even in 1999 a thing here =)

Sounds interesting though but i probably won't need it at all with the little time that is available already in a day.

Fighting for 3rd Place with Microsoft could be a possibility for them.
They are so far behind Sony and Nintendo that this should be a reachable goal for them if they place their product right.
Mindshare is low Worldwide for Xbox and google can build on that but i doubt they will hit all the right notes at the moments it will matter.

Swenhir

Oct 28, 2017
They explained this already, it's not limited to one instance, if the games needs more it just adds another device to the pool running the game. So you shouldn't reach a point where the game can't run unless the data centres are all totally exhausted of hardware.

They can add instances for additional screens like splitscreen. They cannot throw more horsepower at a single execution of the game and expect it to scale. That's not how it works unless I massively understood the presentation and they have magically solved generalized parallel computing.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
This is pretty much the antithesis of what I want from games. From the lack of ownership to the focus on services which I would never ever use, it's cleary not for me. The tech is fascinating but this needs to remain an option and not the 'future'.
Well, the movie industry still operates this way, so as long as there is want for physical, it will exist. I love physical games, and I'm not alone. This opens up gaming to more people, and certain games as well. I can see this being a good supplementary to the games I adore and want to own.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Until google deplatforms Alt Righters off Youtube I don't have any interest in supporting their gaming ecosystem.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
No pricing and games makes this an incredible wait-and-see. The service fratures itself do not do anything special for me, it's the games and pricing that must convince me.

Spartacris

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
IF this works like advertised it will be HUGE.

There would literally be no need to buy anything other than exclusives on consoles for me. All 3rd party games would be payed here.

Thats a big IF.

Is this even possible in 2019?

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
Is this an entirely new development platform? Or something that's easy to port or host existing games on? Or just a new method of distribution?

bxsonic

Oct 30, 2017
The technology is certainly impressive. If they can offer a good selection of games and price, I'm definitely interested. That's if it ever comes to my country. Lol.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
www.stadia.com

QiwwhP9.png

Tnx Google.

Is this list final? Kinda cool they're hitting the Philippines. I was going to say we'd probably not get Stadia anytime soon because of our shitty internet, but hey, we made it to tier 1, I guess???

Tuned out on the latter half because I had to do some work. I think this could have the potential to go big here, since so many are still trying to game on their potato systems. I think the problem now really is the price point and the latency. We do not have good internet here, and I'm one of the few lucky ones to get a relatively cheap fiber internet option (thanks Converge!), which isn't even available in all of Manila.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
They are competing with Microsoft. Without wuality exclusives like Sony and Nintendo, they will always have a place.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I missed the live stream. Did they show anything at all? Just saying it is what we expected, and the spec they're aiming for is lower spec than my PC?

I was afraid there would be some games tied into the service, a service which would disappear in a year or two and never be emulated, but it seems that's not the case.

No pricing because they're hoping to build hype, but it's just going to be $60 games you pay $10 a month to pay? Anything I got wrong?

Parfait

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems super interesting and I'll be interested to see where it goes, but It's also not for me.

Considering how much I like modding or even cheating on some games (especially these days when single player games start selling experience boosts), having no control over that sounds like the best way for me to not be interested.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Until everyone has decent internet service with no data caps, I can't see this taking off like a physical console can.

Daniagatha

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2018
Brazil
I loved the concept. But...what kind of internet it will require and how we gonna pay? Is a service like Netflix? Subscription with access to a catalog? Do I need to buy the games separately?

And...I will not even be able to test this since they will not release in my country yet. And we have a lot of data center from google here.

ASEdouard

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Well here go, even more concentration of wealth in the Bay Area to the detriment of the rest of the world.

Sweet service though.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like getting developers on board is going to be tough, if they insist on running Linux and the Vulcan API.

Lots of room for Microsoft to swoop in and get the upper hand by just offering Windows/DirectX. You will have to develop a completely separate port to be on Stadia, whereas for Microsoft you could just stream the Windows version of your game:

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
announcing something like this with no pricing LOL

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Reactions in here are just like the reactions for the Switch presentation back in January 2017.
Why not wait and see before we yell doom and gloom.
It's not the same. They showed almost no games, no pricing...it had performance issues on stage...from a company that has never launched a successful consumer service outside of Google Play, which is basically required to use Android phones.

How many people here are subscribed to Youtube Premium...Google Play Music...have subscriptions on Google News...and remember when Google+ was also going to change social media? Good times.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They really dropped the ball by not telling us what the business model is. Is it going to be subscription based?

Oct 25, 2017
If it works, it will simply kill console gaming and traditional pc gaming (no more mods).

But on the other hand, on the PC-side of things, not having to change the hardware + no cheating online might make for a better experience. We might just get a cheap computer and get high-end games on it.

I'm cautiously excited for it.
It's not killing anything even if it works.