• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Can you imagine once Stadia and Xcloud hit Switch alongside Nintendo's 1st party?

Nintendo is sitting so pretty right now.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
This seems less like a product for gaming itself, and more of a product to push youtube gaming.

KratosEnergyDrink

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Instead of games they show graphics filter, useless game state gimmicks and YouTube integration.

ArmadilloGame

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I have a question. If Steam is releasing their own version of Stadia, wouldn't that make Google's tech null and void? Just asking...

It'll depend on exclusives and QoL for each. The competition will be between platforms, not consoles, so using your favorite for most things and others for their exclusives is the likely end scenario.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I'll definitely be trying this out but if it doesn't work on ATT Fiber 300 then this isn't a thing I would ever want.

Asuka3+1

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 6, 2019
>Streaming a Twitch player
>also streaming the Game itself
HA HA HA HAH, Not gonna happen

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I get the feeling that this service will appeal to people who dont even know what a teraflop is, but not much to the people who do. Time will tell, I guess
Precisely. This is a solution for the people who don't know any better. This won't be taking over for traditional gaming hardware any time soon.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
The shit they are showing whether attainable or not it's industry changing and will force the big 3 to up their game
How? Lobby Comcast to waive data caps for their streaming platforms but not Google's?

There's really nothing industry changing about this other than games that will blow through your data caps and a platform that will oversarurate an already crowded field with lots of options.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Google is doing good stuff. Looks like they're tying to take the color red from Nintendo.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
So how this works? i will stream digital games from my PS4 and XBOX? I need Game Pass for something like this to be practic? Is this like a Comcast but for games?

Garyizraw

Sep 14, 2018
So is there a monthly fee ? I mean I don't see this being like gamepass where you pay a fee and that's it if it really will have brand new games like Doom Eternal. I'm thinking we will have to pay a sub fee and then buy the game on top of that? Did they mention anything ?

Sammy Samusu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyonce's Womb
That trailer reminds me of the Wii U reveal.

In other words, tragic and fails to deliver the message.

I just watched, I'm a hardcore gamer, and I have no idea what Stadia is about. A casual player browsing the news is probably more lost than I'm.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
It's about time the rest of the world caught up to Nordic countries and introduce unlimited data plans as the norm.
Problem is US politicians are now aligned with ISPs against net neutrality. If anything, it's even less likely today than it was a few years ago to get unlimited data plans at affordable prices in America. Which is, you know, Google's home country.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I hate the focus on streamers and "creators" but I feel like this will boost their "celebrity" in to the stratosphere as well.

Legitimately interested in trying this out though.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see this failing badly for google but I can be wrong. Who wants to play stream games anyways yuck!

neoak

Oct 25, 2017

Exactly what I thought. So much stuff by Google sent to the grave after a year or two.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
That trailer reminds me of the Wii U reveal.

In other words, tragic and fails to deliver the message.

I just watched, I'm a hardcore gamer, and I have no idea what Stadia is about.
That trailer wasn't made for you as a hardcore gamer, it was made for game developers. It absolutely delivered that message and I'm excited to play around with it.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
People bitching about this should also understand this is what MS will also be doing, just in a a phased format.

Sony will eventually too. Nintendo may be the only dedicated device maker in the future, but if that phone device rumor is true..maybe a switch pro or 2 may also be cloud based with LTE/5G.

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like them to get into game pricing and how that'll work, is playing a ghost run free, kind of skipping over a lot here, maybe they'll discuss later on

Asuka3+1

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 6, 2019
It's about time the rest of the world caught up to Nordic countries and introduce unlimited data plans as the norm.
AP760634721034.jpg

giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I like the look of the controller, with its superior analogue stick layout. Undecided on the rest as I'm really only interested in seeing the exclusives they have got.

alexlf

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Welp, as a developer I might be a little bit sold. Some of the ideas that become possible with near zero latency between instances combined with that state sharing thing might be really really big.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
SO wait, wouldn't that means that Sony would become like Nintendo if all major 3rd parties went with Google/Steam and Sony will have to live with their 1st and 2nd party to make a profit? Yea...that won't be viable for Sony.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Hard pass.

I live in Boston, have a pretty high Xfinity/Comcast package, and still don't trust it to reliably stream content.

I'll stick with my PC for heavy duty at home gaming, and Switch for couch and on the go.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Most people don't have the internet to use Stadia at all and Google will most likely drop this idea after a short amount of time. But that's just a theory. A Game Theory.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Games aren't art to Google, that's clear. They only care about the service. At least Sony and Nintendo care about the art.

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017
Problem is US politicians are now aligned with ISPs against net neutrality. If anything, it's even less likely today than it was a few years ago to get unlimited data plans at affordable prices in America. Which is, you know, Google's home country.

I fully expect "streaming internet package" to pop up now due to that at an additional cost.