• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
They just announced Doom Eternal for it. Playing doom on a controller though. Also what about games that don't use a regular controller?

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
It's impressive that games are supposed to run at 4k 60fps but I wonder what the requirements for internet connections will be.

MS will probably announce similair things on Wednesday and people will have bought much deeper into the MS ecosystem so I guess they will have an advantage there.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
We all know that Google will dick around with this for a couple of years and pull the plug before it gets out of beta. It's what they do too often.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
My first thought about what I'm seeing here is that it has the potential to really steal the thunder away from xcloud once that debuts...

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
If I had a good connection I would buy it.

Little afraid to try that 4k/60fps on my 16mps line. Anyway this is a product that will make a lot of sense in the long run. It's basically the beginning of what mass gaming is going to be in 8-10 years time.

TheBuck

Jan 22, 2018
I was worried that it could be another console hardware, but now happy after hearing that its streaming only.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of VERY worried console/PC fanbabies in this thread. :D

Call it ouya some more. That will make you feel better about that box you own.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
8K...L OOOOO L....Comcast gonna charge more over a 4 year period in data shit they come up with than the cost of a gaming rig

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to congratulate Jade Raymond on the golden parachute she'll pull the cord on in a couple of years.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Stadia is still a streaming platform, it'll be variable and I still don't care. Was hoping they'd do a hardware, not a software.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
My internet at home isn't good enough for games to be streaming only. If too many people are connected It sometimes completely cuts out.

I also have decent phone, but only 20gb data allowance, so that's also not really an option.

Good for some people, but not for me I'm afraid.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
So it's really a cloud platform and less a console. They may sell a console but it seems to not be a focus.

Sure why not Google. I'll try it out.

Its a cool concept.

Technically we all already have the console!

There are a ton of other factors that I think will make or break this. Shit, i'm having trouble streaming this exact live stream at a steady/consistent resolution

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
is the guy presenting Stadia the dude who used to be an exec at sony/playstation??? he looks so familiar.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
10.7 tflops sounds too low. Isnt that the conservative estimate for PS5? Streaming's benefit is commercial-grade rendering, should probably be more than 10

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lots of VERY worried console/PC fanbabies in this thread. :D

Call it ouya some more. That will make you feel better about that box you own.

If theyre able to match input latency and AV bitrate of next gen consoles or PC Im in. If the latency is as bad as was shown in the video and they cannot figure out a way to remove the blockiness that destroys the quality of youtube streams, then no thanks.

teague

Dec 17, 2018
Can someone explain what they're explaining right now about bypassing the public internet? Why would this solution not just be "if Google is slow everyone has the same amount of lag"?

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Should the thread not be called "Google unveils Stradia" ?

Its not "the" Stradia, since there is no actual console being sold here, just a service.

You dont say the Youtube, so it should not be the Stradia.

Or maybe OP means the Stradia service, but ran out of words in the title ?

Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be very cool seeing where game streaming is like 5 years from now.

I don't think I will jump on board next gen in order to wait out all bugs being fixed and seeing how ISPs fuck us for this.

Gen after though I will be down.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to be honest, the idea of scalable hardware sounds great for a world like videogames, which evolves and evolves.

This sounds pretty cool so far.

LittleTokyo

Oct 30, 2017
How are we comparing Ouya with something produced but Google? I have Gig internet and I like the sound of this. One less box in my life is always good.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
We crown thee our king. May the reign of dedicated hardware end. Streaming is the future. Streaming is nao. 10.7Tflops (CPU unknown) means next gen visuals are here!

Seriously though, this is interesting given the backing of an industry giant. It will be interesting to see how Sony reacts to this given xCloud has been announced by MS.

Guess PS5.5 and XB2.5 might actually end up as this as an addition to dedicated hardware.