• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Barrakketh

Sep 1, 2020
is there a particular reason for that? I got my Ps5 through FedEx international shipping
In my neck of the woods (rural north Florida), my problems with FedEx this year alone include:

• Routinely damaged packages (including damaged contents), handling rough enough to either partly crush the box or rip reinforced tape.
  • Packages damaged enough prior to being loaded on the delivery vehicle that FedEx just marked them as destroyed.
  • Packages left near the road, on the grass, even when it's raining.
  • On that note, 99% of the time the delivery drivers won't bring the package to my front door.
  • Drivers claiming they tried to deliver a package when they didn't (and I was outside at least half an hour before AND after the time the tracking was marked as such on several occasions). This has happened for the same package several days in a row.
  • Delivering packages to the wrong address. I've even received a package for someone who lives where I suspect they are leaving some of my packages at on the same day they misdelivered my package (same house number, but a mile away on the other side of a state highway).
I have had terrible experiences with FedEx Ground shipping. Given a choice I will choose to pay more for a different shipping option.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
In my neck of the woods (rural north Florida), my problems with FedEx this year alone include:

• Routinely damaged packages (including damaged contents), handling rough enough to either partly crush the box or rip reinforced tape.
  • Packages damaged enough prior to being loaded on the delivery vehicle that FedEx just marked them as destroyed.
  • On that note, 99% of the time the delivery drivers won't bring the package to my front door.
  • Drivers claiming they tried to deliver a package when they didn't (and I was outside at least half an hour before AND after the time the tracking was marked as such on several occasions). This has happened for the same package several days in a row.
  • Delivering packages to the wrong address. I've even received a package for someone who lives where I suspect they are leaving some of my packages at on the same day they misdelivered my package (same house number, but a mile away on the other side of a state highway).
I have had terrible experiences with FedEx Ground shipping. Given a choice I will choose to pay more for a different shipping option.
damn, well I'm sorry to hear that you've had such rotten luck this year. I don't mind doing in store pickups as long as that method can be trusted, but if it's a shipping service other than FedEx then I don't think I'd mind having it delivered either

OP
OP
DrFunk

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

May 10, 2018

I'm late to this post but I had a terrible experience with FedEx when I got a Pixel 3A a couple of years ago.

Asked to have it left at the store and somehow it never made it there. FedEx even tried to pull a fast one and say they delivered it to my house and never did. Had to call Google and have them ship me another one.

I'm so glad Apple uses UPS.

Edit: Also in north Florida.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
A week today will probably be the date as I got an email from Google saying it's their birthday and to expect things

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
It still blows my mind that Google's not debuting a Pixel watch along with the phones. They must hate money lol.

Anyway, I'm hyped to hear more about the Pixel 6 Pro. I'm eyeballing the Silver model. I really wish Google Fi's pricing structure was heavily revised. I love a lot of the features it offers, but compared to other local MVNOs in the US, their pricing model is on the high-end for what you get, especially since T-Mobile now owns Sprint, and Sprint's network is basically being sunsetted. I recently decided to switch to Visible as it's much cheaper.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got a case for the Pro just to see how deep and long the camera bump is, and how big the phone 😂

Can't wait to get on it from my POCO M3 Pro lol

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Sooo how does this work usually? Do we expect another "Google Direct" in lack of a better word before the thing launches? Will we only know launch date and price on the literal launch date? A random news drop days before? Leaks?

I really would like some final words on price and other details soon lol.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
I'm extremely excited to see what Google will do with the new camera hardware, especially with video! I'm really hoping they'll knock it out of the park.

I know some people are worried that the Pixel 6 phones are using the GN1 instead of the GN2 or GN5, but I think Google has proven that they can deliver near miraculous results with really old camera sensors. With their excellent software processing, along with dedicated machine learning silicon, I think the GN1 will deliver results that are more than fantastic.

The real question I have now is how much will their Super-Res Zoom improve with the updated telephoto hardware and Google Tensor?

brainie

Mar 30, 2019
Some german sites are running a leak/rumor that we'll get a pretty sweet deal for pre-ordering the pixel 6 in germany: 650 Euro and free Bose 700 headphones on top (Which I don't really need since my Sony WH 1000 XM2 still rock, but hey... You can always sell them.)

Got to say I'm tempted to make the jump from my old trusted pixel 2. Maybe even to the Pro,, if that one gets a deal as sweet as that, too. I'd like the better specs, but I'm kind of worried that the added size and curved screen will get on my nerves. Decisions, decisions.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I think the advertising slogans/messaging for the Pixel 6 has been pretty lame... "The first phone that adapts to you," it's kinda like ... Eh, seems like it's still pretty much the same experience as the previous Pixels + Android. Not sure if there's really anything unique there, at least with the new hardware.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
I just need to know how good the cams are. Imagine what the pixel software can do with new tech!

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
I'd still like to see more in the new chips performance, but coming from the PXL3 I'll be seeing a jump anyways.

Really excited for the camera upgrade, I've long loved what Google has done with their camera tech. It's crazy to think 10 years ago we were walking around with much worse point and shoot digital cameras than now can be had in these tiny devices.

Bobbetybob

Nov 11, 2017
curious, why do you say that? this is the first time a Pixel phone series is getting new hardware since the 2
Only because 50 megapixel photos get pixel binned down to 12.5 megapixel photos and most of the 50mp phones I've seen don't seem to really preserve that much extra detail or anything during this process. But this is Google and their software for the cameras is top notch, I'm not sure if pixel binning is done by software or the sensor but if it's software I'm sure they'll be doing it really well.

I have seen that they're advertising the camera captures 150% more light so that should make a big difference in lower light situations to be fair, especially with how good Night Sight already is.

So I'd say I'm already being proven wrong and I'd love to be absolutely blown away on all fronts come Tuesday.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Only because 50 megapixel photos get pixel binned down to 12.5 megapixel photos and most of the 50mp phones I've seen don't seem to really preserve that much extra detail or anything during this process. But this is Google and their software for the cameras is top notch, I'm not sure if pixel binning is done by software or the sensor but if it's software I'm sure they'll be doing it really well.

I have seen that they're advertising the camera captures 150% more light so that should make a big difference in lower light situations to be fair, especially with how good Night Sight already is.

So I'd say I'm already being proven wrong and I'd love to be absolutely blown away on all fronts come Tuesday.
I suppose I'm not as tech savvy as you because I don't even know what binning means. You lost me there, lol. But like you said, we'll see soon enough what we're really getting on the 19th.