• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
My Pixel 6 got shipped!

Expected to arrive this friday!

What cases and screen protectors you guys rocking?
congratulations! I posted mine earlier in the thread but I'll be happy to post it again :)

N-uGcjgd00XWXXeHN8QQphcKYH8Bfm0FWSaLzYc4yCTHwhzJQXoRjWC4b2SJj0oAXQXuKY_mBEbs_cD4sjeQqw6M8yWx5yrXOZ8N36aUTX98J-0v5-FxezzR9KVDLv4LDlrHB2UpXDcm-IwaWF0eeGfvG6S7DGFbNPBT55mGAZJ3UOAHByh6_GSoFSU7DYicyVpmh0ahxFhU_mVJ9zgQss7HgzwqOjmFuk1AO1NMRL8FpVVkvilNdhb8Kv_-zgHLu-C5Est3kNDoWEW6SVAncck0s_CxZtgNt_Reaf4lcIV7FF16ToOv5-g6a7h9yXE1BXOmtnZDt-NgCty6iwnA5HtDbugIhFxJL-Ubky8ZrAiwI3XbQy-p54kZndvgdvtiVdEe6y36FKYmz5Hl7f4NMIxb_iER3rfNKZ_20aGcfwTJM1FTEP2FO-LnE6wyzgAm4VYGsT9RsZbM4NNWlLgX3ZdJ7hHpZ44J3p1MPKPerDLoiattUTkv63012E2PCxqPZ9aX_gP_jFeAJFz-hMdeahS0B6-oScYZe9vs-5gRaJpibVm1FuTgbRS9gPnhvSZaVeUQZJ3_-nb7nr-FdHiE_9tjv5sZydOQEB_M63PwDm8L9pSPJCFVy2QmbQyWFrB5ugxeZ-7G_z9Ch5G_am1RhE-RVXLiqfGVun1PoDBBfPO7hTjB9LD9sQ2kWNdAxJ1LGCDRYxULR6-fRx068stz0ho=w736-h1308-no

TMC

Oct 27, 2017
Which case (Pixel 6 Pro) has enough of a raised edge on the front of the screen that would protect it if dropped faced down? I am a no case guy, but I am looking to buy a case for certain occasions like going to theme parks (Where I need to leave my phone in a locker). I've been considering the Spigen Liquid Air and Spigen Tough Armor, but heard both of those might not have a raised lip on the front of the phone.

mauaus

Oct 25, 2017
Uggh just noticed my microphone is not working on calls, whatsapp calls or duo... Works fine with recording audio, camera, etc...

Chanser

Oct 27, 2017
Which case (Pixel 6 Pro) has enough of a raised edge on the front of the screen that would protect it if dropped faced down? I am a no case guy, but I am looking to buy a case for certain occasions like going to theme parks (Where I need to leave my phone in a locker). I've been considering the Spigen Liquid Air and Spigen Tough Armor, but heard both of those might not have a raised lip on the front of the phone.
My tough armor got a raised lip top and bottom.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Setting up my Sorta Sunny P6P. This thing feels so fast compared to my OnePlus 7 Pro. So far my fingerprint sensor is working perfectly. Updating now before I put in my SIM card and start the long process of moving all my apps from my old phone.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Most of the time the finger printer needs a half second to read. But a few times it's been instant,it's strange.

Hopefully they can iron that out. My wife oneplus 6t is instant every time.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I don't have my pixel 6 yet (thanks fnac) but I have been using the same case for my last 4 phones: the Spigen Rugged Armor (together with a tempered glass screen protector). I've dropped these phones countless times and not once did any of these drops cause any kind of damage to the phone.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
You almost certainly have gunk inside your USBC port. Get a needle or something really thin, and fish whatever it is out of the phone.

does seem a bit better although i didn't really get much out of it

anyways managed to get out of the city and took some sky shots. i know it's not really a unique pixel feature but i am kind of blown away at how smartphone cameras can do this

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I have unlocked pixel 6 pro from google store running google fi and I am not getting the November update. Tapping the update button doesn't do anything.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Does Gboard typing with Android 12 seem really slow/laggy for folks? Got my P6 the other day, and while it's great, typing feels bad.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
does seem a bit better although i didn't really get much out of it

anyways managed to get out of the city and took some sky shots. i know it's not really a unique pixel feature but i am kind of blown away at how smartphone cameras can do this
these shots are amazing!!!

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
My Pixel 6 Pro from the Google Store just shipped! The original ETD was Jan 22. Thanks for fixing the supply chain Biden!

Fatalah

Sep 17, 2021
Ok, I just sideloaded the November Verizon update on my unlocked Pixel 6.

Hopefully this means the December update will be administered over-the-air. (OTA)

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Setting up my Sorta Sunny P6P. This thing feels so fast compared to my OnePlus 7 Pro. So far my fingerprint sensor is working perfectly. Updating now before I put in my SIM card and start the long process of moving all my apps from my old phone.
So this is one slippery motherfucker. My Spigen cover is supposed to be here tomorrow along with my 30w charger. I went to Walmart tonight and I was protecting my phone like a newborn. How can those Google engineers couldn't see how slippery the device is when testing it?

Now, the phone itself is such an upgrade from my OnePlus 7 Pro. The screen is a pleasure to use and I really enjoy that even though you can have a lot of apps open at the same time the phone still works like a charm and it never ever slows down at all. Also I have to admit that Google Voice typing is the shit.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Does Gboard typing with Android 12 seem really slow/laggy for folks? Got my P6 the other day, and while it's great, typing feels bad.
I have the complete opposite experience. I have never been a fan of Gboard and it wasn't until this pixel that I actually find Gboard to work amazing on it. I have always installed SwiftKey on all of my phones but I have no reason to install it on my pixel because Gboard works so good on it.

Fatalah

Sep 17, 2021
I have the complete opposite experience. I have never been a fan of Gboard and it wasn't until this pixel that I actually find Gboard to work amazing on it. I have always installed SwiftKey on all of my phones but I have no reason to install it on my pixel because Gboard works so good on it.

I've always been a Gboard user, no complaints. Moving from the Pixel 2 to the 6 however, I've had to set the Gboard height to Extra Tall.

At Normal height, my thumb typing was very sloppy on the 6. I'm thinking my muscle memory is used to a smaller phone.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, wonder if it has something to do with the day one update that unlocked Verizon units are missing out on...

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
just looked on a pollution map which noted I was in a "yellow" zone
ah, I see. most of the shots I take are in the "orange" zone, so wherever you were, that explains why your shots are far more stellar than literally all of mine lol

but you know what else this means, it means you still haven't seen your phone's full potential with astrophotography. not until you go into the "dark green" zone

Last edited:

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
ah, I see. most of the shots I take are in the "orange" zone, so wherever you were, that explains why your shots are stellar than literally all of mine lol

but you know what else this means, it means you still haven't seen your phone's full potential with astrophotography. not until you go into the "dark green" zone

definitely, can't wait to go somewhere remote to really see what the camera is capable of

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty annoying how if I manually lock my phone I cannot unlock it with my fingerprint.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The selfie cam really is grainy garbage. What's going on there?
It looks terrible in the viewfinder, but turns out alright. Doesn't fix the poor video quality on the front cam though. Just terrible all around that you never know how your image is going to turn out because it always looks terrible in the viewfinder unless in perfect lighting situations.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Still no word about the headphones despite registering on day one. I understand they do have a lot of requests on their hands, but why bother specifying 4 days max for a first reply >_>

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Still no word about the headphones despite registering on day one. I understand they do have a lot of requests on their hands, but why bother specifying 4 days max for a first reply >_>

You mean the confirmation that your request has been granted?

I got that text message .... literally .... seconds after clicking on the submit-button of the form when i made my request last week. Confirmation e-mail came like 20 seconds after the text message.

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty annoying how if I manually lock my phone I cannot unlock it with my fingerprint.

What is it doing for you? I am able to use fingerprint unlock after manually locking.

The selfie cam really is grainy garbage. What's going on there?

It looks terrible in the viewfinder, but turns out alright. Doesn't fix the poor video quality on the front cam though. Just terrible all around that you never know how your image is going to turn out because it always looks terrible in the viewfinder unless in perfect lighting situations.

From my experience since having the phone, front camera images look decent enough in good light, but it is a very bad low light performer. By low light, I'm talking indoors in the evening relying on artificial light, like a few lamps or something. It is definitely true that the viewfinder may look significantly worse than the final product, but in low light I think it looks just as bad. Out of curiosity, I set it to RAW+JPEG and took a couple selfie shots in semi-low light and pulled the RAW file into Lightroom. It was really bad. Google is doing a lot of computation to make that image even remotely usable. I was hardly able to get it looking even halfway decent working with it in Lightroom.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
That's interesting. Definitely not what I've experience. Out of curiosity, I did a search and I see some people saying it might be related to smart lock, if you have that enabled.
Had the on body detection setting enabled, disabled it, hopefully that will fix it

Thanks for the heads up :)

painey

Oct 27, 2017
Any pics/reviews of some of the better cases? I got a spigen one on Amazon, and while it fits and does the job, the back has a transparent section so you can see the phone/add your own art, but the transparent plastic means it's really not great to hold and gets greasy from fingerprints, so I'm looking at a more expensive, one material case but can't decide without real hands on reviews.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From my experience since having the phone, front camera images look decent enough in good light, but it is a very bad low light performer. By low light, I'm talking indoors in the evening relying on artificial light, like a few lamps or something. It is definitely true that the viewfinder may look significantly worse than the final product, but in low light I think it looks just as bad. Out of curiosity, I set it to RAW+JPEG and took a couple selfie shots in semi-low light and pulled the RAW file into Lightroom. It was really bad. Google is doing a lot of computation to make that image even remotely usable. I was hardly able to get it looking even halfway decent working with it in Lightroom.
What's strange to me is the photos look worse in regular room lighting than the ones I'm taking out of my 4a 5g. It feels like they didn't update their processing software for the new camera setup. Skin tons especially are way lighter than they should be.