• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So now i have to play my flac files in YouTube Music instead of Google Play Music. Problem is that the app doesn't play 8 out of 10 tracks, simply doesn't start. Is there a fix to that or a different (simple!!) player for music on the Pixel?

Edit: okay, the second phone restart fixed it. Now the whole playlist is playing!

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone looked at the trade in values on Google's store recently? Some of them are just insanely bad now.

OG Pixel/XL is $25.01 CAD no matter what the size. Pixel 2 only goes for $0.01 CAD. That's right. A single cent. The Pixel 2 XL fairs slightly better at $5-$14.

tycoonheart

Oct 25, 2017
Ridiculously good battery today on my pixel 6.

Off charger for about 10 hours now. 4.5 hours SoT with 50% battery remaining.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Well I thought the whole assistant calling someone randomly in your contacts bug wouldn't affect me, but it happened today! It called someone who I haven't had contact with for about 2 years and thankfully I caught it before it started to dial. Turned off the Google Assistant until Google fixes this bug, lol.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Well I thought the whole assistant calling someone randomly in your contacts bug wouldn't affect me, but it happened today! It called someone who I haven't had contact with for about 2 years and thankfully I caught it before it started to dial. Turned off the Google Assistant until Google fixes this bug, lol.
name start with a J? 🤔

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else's phone keep setting itself to vibrate instead of making a noise for notifications?

FootieGamer

Nov 3, 2017
Has anyone gone from the Samsung Galaxy S20+ to the Pixel 6 Pro? I'm due an upgrade in Feb/March and, after having the S7 Edge and S9+, I'd like to have a bit of a change instead of going for a 4th Samsung in a row. Is it a good upgrade?

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
My phone is due to be delivered tomorrow and after reading a lot of the comments on here and on Reddit I'm fairly nervous about it not being up to what my expectations are (I'm coming from a OnePlus 7 Pro). Does anyone know if Amazon charges a restocking fee on phone returns?

tycoonheart

Oct 25, 2017
For the day is the problem. It's not per charge so the figure could be widely inaccurate. You have to rely on apps to measure the real SOT like accubattery.

If I go to bed at 11pm, put the phone on the charger. Wake up at 6AM, take the phone out of the charger the SoT reported there essentially is since last charged fully.

That's how I reported my SoT in this thread earlier.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My phone is due to be delivered tomorrow and after reading a lot of the comments on here and on Reddit I'm fairly nervous about it not being up to what my expectations are (I'm coming from a OnePlus 7 Pro). Does anyone know if Amazon charges a restocking fee on phone returns?

I don't think Amazon has ever charged a restocking fee on literally anything. I've never encountered such a thing, that's for sure.

I am hopeful you'll like it though!

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
anyone have issues with tap to take just randomly not working?
i had to reboot my phone earlier to get it working again

Kozmo

Jan 5, 2018
My order -- originally scheduled for mid to late January, was recently bumped up to late December, and now late November. I wonder if this could be attributed to a lot of people canceling their backordered phones.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
My Pixel 6 got shipped!

Expected to arrive this friday!

What cases and screen protectors you guys rocking?

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I got tired of waiting and just side loaded the OTA. Saw plenty of people over on xda having the same issue with unlocked models not getting the OTA with Verizon service.

Any idea how Verizon's service would fuck with it?

I think I do remember getting the Pixel 3 and the same thing happened and had to wait till December for the update.

TMC

Oct 27, 2017
Any idea how Verizon's service would fuck with it?

I think I do remember getting the Pixel 3 and the same thing happened and had to wait till December for the update.

No idea. Historically, I haven't had any issues with unlocked Pixel devices on Verizon. I'm pretty sure I read locked Verizon models are getting the Verizon OTAs without issue.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As far as Verizon fucking with the update….I just took out my SIM card, rebooted the phone and downloaded it fine over Wi-Fi

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has to be he most temperamental fingerprint scanner I've ever used. This whole weekend I was lucky to get it to work 50% of the time.

Today it's been flawless.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah my P6Pro that's connected to the Verizon network just refuses to update to the Nov 2021 update...
there was a Nov 2021 update for Pixel 6? I just checked and it said my phone is up to date...

also, does anyone else have this problem where you have a smart speaker in the room which is also a Google assistant, and you say "hey Google" but both the speaker and the phone are listening to you but you just want the speaker's attention?

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
there was a Nov 2021 update for Pixel 6? I just checked and it said my phone is up to date...

also, does anyone else have this problem where you have a smart speaker in the room which is also a Google assistant, and you say "hey Google" but both the speaker and the phone are listening to you but you just want the speaker's attention?

My friend, who uses Xfinity Mobile (he got an unlocked phone), got the Nov 5th updates on the 2nd, so yeah, it's there.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
As said by TMC above, it seems to be a common issue by users posting on XDA when using the unlocked phone with Verizon services.
ugh, that's so stupid. in fact this morning, my Verizon service just suddenly went out for whatever reason. I had to go onto airplane mode and then back just to get service back. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have random issues with app installs/updates randomly hanging? Pretty much have to restart the phone to finish the updates sometimes. Doesn't happen all the time. For example yesterday, tried installing Steam. It got to 96% and that's where it stayed until this morning when I restarted my phone.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Just got my Spigen Liquid Air case for the 6 pro.

Really like the look of it, and love how it feels in hand. The power-off button notch feeling different to volume is a nice touch too.