• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
Questions my wife has about her new pixel that I'm too lazy to look up:

Can she get the home button back?

How do you see what apps you have open? Do you need to close them like you used to?

Has anyone else felt that it takes longer to charge than previous iterations (her last phone was the pixel 2)?

Oct 27, 2017

How do you see what apps you have open? Do you need to close them like you used to?

Has anyone else felt that it takes longer to charge than previous iterations (her last phone was the pixel 2)?

Is your wife my female doppleganger? I literally had those same questions and upgraded from a Pixel 2. To answer the first 2 questions
Settings > System > Gestures > System Navigation > "3-button navigation"
And it does seem like it takes way longer to charge, but it also drains batter SIGNIFICANTLY slower

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017

Do you have adaptive charging on? That limits the speed of the charge to coincide with your morning alarm. You can turn it off.

Bobbetybob

Nov 11, 2017

The battery is much larger than the one on the Pixel 2 (2700mah Vs 4500 on the 6) and unless you're using a 30w charger it's not going to charge any quicker than the 2 did.

Hazardous

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the consensus on battery life for the Pro? I know a few of you have it now and it's the only thing holding me back from getting the phone at this point. Marques Brownlee's review said it was really bad but apparently his review was an outlier among many other reviews saying it was good? I'm not sure.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Lol so no updates from Fed Ex so I checked the tracking number myself, says out for delivery. Holy fuck, could today be the day?

And why did Fed Ex decide not to update me anymore on this?

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the consensus on battery life for the Pro? I know a few of you have it now and it's the only thing holding me back from getting the phone at this point. Marques Brownlee's review said it was really bad but apparently his review was an outlier among many other reviews saying it was good? I'm not sure.
My battery life is pretty good, but I transferred from my Pixel 2 so maybe my previous adaptive battery settings just carried over

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Marques exclusively uses his phones at only 100% brightness so I wouldn't use him as a metric for battery life.

Lol so no updates from Fed Ex so I checked the tracking number myself, says out for delivery. Holy fuck, could today be the day?

And why did Fed Ex decide not to update me anymore on this?
Mine is also out for delivery today after being delayed for 4 days 😭 Guess today is our day

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As long as I don't activate 5G, I get pretty good battery. Feel like every day I get more out of it since launch. 7-8h right now for me :)

Wakka212

Oct 30, 2017
Bought em, coming in a few days. Excited!

Nice! I'm on PTO abroad right now and my Pixel 6 arrived at home. I'm so excited to get back.

Reading all of the impressions, I'm super super hyped on this thing. Hoping that the fingerprint scanning issue and over processed photos issue gets resolved or mitigated at least through software updates.

Slightly worried about size though as I'm coming from the Pixel 5.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The temptation to sell up my iPhone 12 and jump to the 6 Pro is growing with every passing day.

I miss Android 😅

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Man WhatsApp calls look like trassssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh on this phone. Something is specifically wrong with the app or something as actual photos with that camera look fine

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else got these smudges on nightsight in very/complete dark environments (taking a picture close to an object to make it dark like a pillow)? It's not the lens is dirty and it's always in that place for me, even after cleaning :(

ZGm1nge.png

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The portrait setting on the camera is off-putting, so far it seems like it mostly gives photos a weird uncanny valley look, though that's probably because I've only used it to take photos of myself so far

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017
One minor thing that bothers me a tiny bit is how wide the main camera is. It's actually a bit wider angle than that of the Pixel 4, about a 26mm vs 28mm equivalent. I know that 2mm doesn't seem like much, but it's pretty noticeable to me after using the Pixel 4XL for a couple years. Given that it has a separate ultra-wide lens, I don't see why the main lens needed to be so wide. To be clear, this is the same equivalent focal length as the iPhone 13, so this isn't a Pixel 6 specific complaint. In my perfect world, it would be closer to 30 or even 35mm for the main shooter.

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017
The portrait setting on the camera is off-putting, so far it seems like it mostly gives photos a weird uncanny valley look, though that's probably because I've only used it to take photos of myself so far

Google is pretty aggressive with its background blur in portrait mode. However, you can edit the photo after it has been taken and reduce the intensity of the blur effect, which can make it look much better, in my opinion.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
The grainy view finder is a known issue but I have yet to hear anyone complaining about the photos themselves. Maybe you can post some samples from your phone here?
I haven't done much video yet, but this should show what my concern is:

youtu.be

Google Pixel 6 - Real Day In The Life Review (Battery & Camera Test)

NEW Wallpapers: https://shevonsalmon.gumroad.com/l/silkyToday we will be putting the Google Pixel 6 through the paces, testing the battery life and also the ...

if you look and see there is a lot of noise during the recording, if it is happening to other people on the 6 and 6 pro then I guess that is just how the cameras are for recording and photo taking
Oh, not sure. I think some platforms don't compress images. Flickr seems like they don't or they at least offer an option to share original size. Also google drive should be an option?
Once I take some more samples I'll try these out

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wish the newer Pixel Buds were the ones that sat on your ear like the original models, and not the ones with the squishy thing you shove into your ear holes. Even the smallest ones that come with the buds don't fit in my ears.

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the newer Pixel Buds were the ones that sat on your ear like the original models, and not the ones with the squishy thing you shove into your ear holes. Even the smallest ones that come with the buds don't fit in my ears.
I'm using the largest ones and I feel like they could be bigger for a snug fit. I must have bucket ears.

For those who got them, are the Google Buds worth £99?

They're my first pair of buds so I have nothing to compare them to but they've been very reliable. I've had no dropouts or sync issues at all , something that apparently plagued the Pixel Buds 2. I really only went for them because the reviews said they were punching above their price bracket, so I guess they are worth it.

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Any recommendations for 30W car chargers? Just need something that can make use of fast charging and is reliable.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
If you plan not to use a case 24/7 and have the P6P Sunny one (dunno color in English cause I live in TW), what yea recommend?

Also debating on getting google buds or something else...I typ have headphones in when I am on my motorcycle so I wear a helmet, suggestions?

shazrobot

Oct 28, 2017
Okay I wonder if it's just me...

But unlocking via the lockscreen has been ALL OVER THE PLACE. Sometimes from dimmed screen it'll just light up and deny, sometimes not read my finger at ALL, it just seems super duper buggy. Also the Pixel Stand with the 6 Pro is still garbage, sad I bought this and it makes me hesitant to buy the new one when it releases. I love having wireless charging though.

shazrobot

Oct 28, 2017
okay to replicate my issue. Unlock with fingerprint from lockscreen and then relock with button right away. Then try to unlock with finger print but the icon isn't there so just kinda flashes the clock at you if you press your finger more then a tap on the screen. Just random behavior thats hard to tell when you need to tap or hold your finger to the screen.

TMC

Oct 27, 2017
okay to replicate my issue. Unlock with fingerprint from lockscreen and then relock with button right away. Then try to unlock with finger print but the icon isn't there so just kinda flashes the clock at you if you press your finger more then a tap on the screen. Just random behavior thats hard to tell when you need to tap or hold your finger to the screen.

Yeah, I've experienced this too. Sometimes the fingerprint icon doesn't display with the always on display. Sometimes I need to tap to get it to show up. I imagine it will be addressed eventually.

Overall, I'm very happy with the Pixel 6 Pro. I've decided to go ahead and proceed with trading in my Pixel 5 to finalize my decision of keeping this phone. This is the phone I've truly been waiting for since my 2 XL.

Argyle

Oct 25, 2017
Any recommendations for 30W car chargers? Just need something that can make use of fast charging and is reliable.

Not endorsing it necessarily, but I ordered this one:

WOTOBEUS 95W USB C Car Charger Type-C 65W PPS45W Super Fast Charging+PD 30W/25W+QC18W Cigarette Lighter Adapter for iPhone 13 12 11 Pro Max Samsung Galaxy 5G S21Ultra Note20 10Plus iPad MacBook Pixel

It should arrive soon. What's nice is that both USB-C ports have PPS so it should be able to charge the phone at maximum rate.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't done much video yet, but this should show what my concern is:

youtu.be

Google Pixel 6 - Real Day In The Life Review (Battery & Camera Test)

NEW Wallpapers: https://shevonsalmon.gumroad.com/l/silkyToday we will be putting the Google Pixel 6 through the paces, testing the battery life and also the ...

if you look and see there is a lot of noise during the recording, if it is happening to other people on the 6 and 6 pro then I guess that is just how the cameras are for recording and photo taking

Once I take some more samples I'll try these out
If that's your issue then it's perfectly normal. Google Raises the ISO on image preview so that it runs faster so you can see changes faster.

Finally got my Pro after waiting for what seems like forever, One thing I'm noticing is that the fingerprint reader was really finnicky at first on my Right Thumb but if it's anything like the ultrasonic reader was on my old S10 it'll run a lot better after a few weeks.

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019
Finally picked up my pro today. Any suggestions on screen protectors? I usually go for tempered glass, but I guess the curved glass complicates it.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

might be worth a shot trying this to see if it helps with fingerprint

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I got mine delivered today and have finally finished setting it up. I'm fucking impressed. Everything is smooth, the camera is fucking amazing, and best of all it looks like it's a battery champ so far. It wasn't fully charged, I set up all my apps and messed with the camera and settings...it's currently at 27%. It was around 60% when I first got it.

This is my first Pixel device and I'm coming from a OnePlus 8 Pro which I also loved, but color me impressed with the pixel experience so far! Even Gboard, which is a keyboard I have always disliked is working amazing on here lol.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I got mine delivered today and have finally finished setting it up. I'm fucking impressed. Everything is smooth, the camera is fucking amazing, and best of all it looks like it's a battery champ so far. It wasn't fully charged, I set up all my apps and messed with the camera and settings...it's currently at 27%. It was around 60% when I first got it.

This is my first Pixel device and I'm coming from a OnePlus 8 Pro which I also loved, but color me impressed with the pixel experience so far! Even Gboard, which is a keyboard I have always disliked is working amazing on here lol.

No reason to use a keyboard anymore, seriously. Use voice to text. It's instantaneous.